May 2016 Moms

Welcome May 2016 Moms! Introduce Yourself Here!

lalala2004lalala2004 member
edited August 2015 in May 2016 Moms
Welcome! It's the early days of the birth month board, but before we know it, guess what?

We're all looking forward to getting to know each other here! Please feel free to post an introduction about yourself here in this thread!

Here are some other helpful links to help you participate and meet everyone:

Here are some threads that are super helpful in navigating the board and avoiding confusion:

Glossary of Terms (for all the common acronyms)

Welcome and happy Bumping!

Original post:
So I love reading everyone's intros, but as we get farther in to May due dates, more and more people will flood this board every day. Do you think we should have a specific intro thread?

If I get at least 5 Love Tits on this post, I'll edit it to make it a specific intro thread with think the details, symptoms, and other popular threads for reference.
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Welcome May 2016 Moms! Introduce Yourself Here!

• YES!!! We need this, May Moms!

• I think I will also include a link to the Glossary of Terms, the Using the Search feature thread, and maybe a few other useful references.

If there's anything else you all think should go with it, let me know!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Loading the player...
  • Okie dokie, I've edited the first post to make this the official intro thread.

Let me know if there's anything I should add and I'll be happy to do it!
    *Siggy Warning*

• I am totally digging your organizational skills @lalala2004 . And that JT gif is not as creepy as the siggy pic so \:D/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited August 2015

I am totally digging your organizational skills @lalala2004 . And that JT gif is not as creepy as the siggy pic so \:D/

I'm a teacher, so gather from that what you will ;)

I was very happy to find an animated, less creepy version :)
    *Siggy Warning*

• Hello! I'm Jennie, and I got my first BFP yesterday on my birthday! DH and I had been NTNP for a year and two months ago started to actively TTC. I feel so lucky to have gotten a BFP so soon :) Happy to be here and learn some stuff!
  • @mslovesbo you might just be my new best friend.
    *Siggy Warning*

• ***loss mentioned***
    Hi!
    My husband and I are both 28.  We've been married since July 2012.  We have been trying for three months following a loss back in January.   
    We live in Oklahoma with our dog, Banjo.  I am a speech-language pathologist and work in an adult rehab unit. 
    My EDD is May 9.  I go in tomorrow for blood work, so I'm looking forward to that.  
    I second pp; I love the idea of having a clean, concise board so this thread is a great start in making that happen! 
    Looking forward to getting to know each of you! 

• Hi everyone!!! My dh and I are both 30 and will be married 5 years this November. We have a 2 1/2 son, Dominic. He shares the same birthday with dh! We also have a French bulldog named Leo and he is so amazing with Dominic even though he tortures him. I teach 4th grade and I'm getting ready for the new school year. My EDD is May 15th which is awesome because then I will be off from work until September :). I hope we can be team green this time around but my will power is lacking
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyGaga
  • And we live in New York
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyGaga
  • Hi everyone!!! My dh and I are both 30 and will be married 5 years this November. We have a 2 1/2 son, Dominic. He shares the same birthday with dh! We also have a French bulldog named Leo and he is so amazing with Dominic even though he tortures him. I teach 4th grade and I'm getting ready for the new school year. My EDD is May 15th which is awesome because then I will be off from work until September :). I hope we can be team green this time around but my will power is lacking

I also work at a school so I am super pumped about the extra long maternity leave too! Welcome and congrats!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Greetings Motherships!!

My DH and I have been married for almost three years. We have two huge fur babies, a chocolate lab named Lego(DS names him) and a black German shepherd named Radar (Due to the astounding size of his ears). This baby will be our third. We have two boys one is 6 (Monkey) the other is 7 months (Peanut). Yes seven months...needless to say when I saw the two pink lines I panicked...just a little bit. EDD IS May 1st. Pretty confident about that date because I remember telling my husband, you shouldn't have done that...I'm ovulating. Lol. I'm getting more and more excited as each day passes. We are hoping for a girl but another boy would be just fine too! First ultrasound is scheduled for September 17th
  • Hi everyone!

I'm 27, DH is 31 and this will be our first baby!   We have been married for almost 9 months, together for almost 4.  We have a furbaby that we inherited, Skipper... and he is the joy of my life.  My EDD is 5/4/15.  I know when I ovulated so I'm going by that date.   We weren't even trying this month.   I had been tracking my O dates as per my ob/gyn recommendations ... we DTD 2 days before my ovulation without any increase of the LH surge on my wondfos... and then on CD 19 (2 days later) I got that smiley face on my clear blue stick!   I didn't think much about it though... I really thought we were going to have a hard time getting pregnant!  

I'm so excited and just trying to remain positive throughout this first trimester.  We get to see our little blobster on Sept. 25...  only 24 more days!!!!!  
  • I'm Jessica! I got a faint BFP yesterday but didn't believe it. Got another (darker) one this morning! I'll be telling DH when he gets home and I'm SO excited!

We live in Indiana and have a 2yo DD. DH has been wanting another LO since we had DD but I didn't want them to be too close together.

Fun Fact: I got this BFP on exactly the same day 3 years after my BFP with DD. They will have the same due date within a couple days of each other! I was induced 3 weeks early with DD though, so they hopefully will not have the same birthday. :x
  • Hello! My name is Liz and I am so happy to be here. My edd is May 3rd. I have a 3 and 1/2 year old daughter and a one year old daughter. My husband and I have been married for 4 years and we live in Williamsburg, Va. This will be our last baby, so I am soaking it all in and trying to relish every moment even the ones I feel sick. I have my first appt next week and I am looking forward to that.
  • Hello mamas!

My name is Allison and I have been married for 1 year on September 5th. We just started ttc last month and found out we got a bfp a week and a half ago. This is our first, and we are so excited!! We have two furbabies, my older pups Holly and Misty. We just bought a house in July as well. I'm 5 weeks 2 days today with an edd of May 1st but I get my first ultrasound to confirm due date on Sept. 12th :x
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hi everyone! 

My name is Sarah, I'm 28,  and my husband and I live in upstate New York and will be married three years in December. We have a daughter, Scarlett, who is 15 months old. We had been talking about maybe having another one this year or the year after...but after a couple drinks on vacation in Cape Cod...BFP today! Baby #2's due date is May 10th. This is actually great timing for me because I am in between teaching positions and decided to take this year off from teaching to be home with my daughter more. I wait tables 3-4 nights a week right now. 

I am also looking forward to getting to know everyone! Congratulations all! 

• Hi I'm Rebecca got my BFP last night due 5/11. My husband and I have been married 5 1/2 years and we have two year old twins! May is our month we got married in May had our twins in May and now baby #3 is due in May! I currently work full time as does my hubby. Looking forward to getting to know everyone
    Me-28 Stage II Endometrosis, DH-29 Severe MFI TTC#1 since July 2010 DH-Varicocele Surgery 3/2011 Me-Laproscopic Surgery 8/2012 Stage II Endometrosis, removed cysts IVF # 1 October 2012 BCP-9/12-10/2 Follitism 300-10/4-10/14 Ganirelex 10/8-10/15 ER 10/17 (20 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized) ET 10/22 Beta 1 11/2 375 Beta 2 11/5 951 Beta 3/ U/S 11/12 BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • @hawksfan82 - My heart broke reading your story. I'm so sorry this happened to you and your husband. I hope for an uneventful pregnancy and delivery for you this time and a healthy baby.
  • Hello,

I'm due May 13.  I am the mom of twins girls who are 18 months old.  I live in Canada, with DH and we have been married for 5 years .

We suffered multiple losses with natural pregnancies and then went through 2 IVF FET cycles.The 2nd was successful and resulted in our girls.  We decided to try for a son, and here I am 6dp5dt with my 2nd BFP (POAS).  My beta blood work is scheduled for Saturday and so I will have confirmation by Monday.

Glad to be here, hope I get to stay.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Hi! I'm Michelle, 35, and from Texas. I just got my positive today and I'm trying to be optimistic about this pregnancy after miscarrying in February. I have a 20 month old daughter, Claire, and I'm a stay at home mom. Fortunately my daughter starts MDO next week so I'll get a break 2 days a week while she's at school. The timing of this pregnancy worked well for me!
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• Hi! I'm Lauren, I'm 33 and DH is 37. We have a nearly 18 month old little boy and a very lazy beagle and live in NYC. DH and I have been together for almost 10 years, married for 5 in October. 

DS was born on our dating anniversary in March 2014, three days before his due date. We are so excited that he will have a little buddy and they'll be close in age. I'm starting to realize that the worry and fear doesn't go away the second time around, but I'm excited to have a group of other women to share the excitement, fears, and all the fun and not so fun stuff that comes with pregnancy. Glad to participate this time since I wasn't really active last time, looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Hello Ladies! I'm so excited to be here! I have an EDD of May 3. My husband and I have been married for 5 years. We have two daughters. One who will be 2 in September and one who will be 4 in December. This will be our final baby, so I'm trying to soak in everything about it! I have been a teacher for 13 years. I look forward to getting to know you all. Prayers for happy, healthy 9 month journeys and healthy babies!
  • @hawksfan82 I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story. While reading your post I was struck by your strength and positivity, it really is admirable. Wishing you (and everyone) a happy and healthy pregnancy and happily ever after!
  • Hi everyone! My name is Joy. DH and I have been married just over a year. We decided to start TTC this past month. I was so convinced I wasn't pregnant that I took test before heading work (at 5:30am) because really wanted my morning coffee. Surprise! BFP! I was so shocked that I took another and it was positive too. :) Then I had to get through my whole 12 hour shift (I'm an ICU nurse) before coming home tell my DH. His face was priceless. ;) I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow amd mt due date should be May 4. My first appointment is on Sept 9. This will our first. So excited! Glad meet you all and have a place share as well as hear your stories!
  • @lalala2004 I was the school nurse and drama director at a high school when I found out I was pregnant with my first and the boys were more interested than the girls! The reactions ranged from weird, awkward stares to incredibly inquisitive inquiries. As my bump got bigger it seemed we couldn't get through a rehearsal or a school day without at least one slightly inappropriate question! There was one junior boy who would quietly get me water or, if I was standing a lot, slyly push a chair behind me etc. I joked that he is going to be the best husband ever. Of course, come to find out, he is finishing up nursing school!

So basically, be prepared for a myriad of reactions. One parent even got upset, like "How could you do this? You know my child has (insert medical condition)!" People can be weird, but also awesome.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited September 2015
    Hi Ladies! My name is Rachel, from Iowa City, IA (Go Hawkeyes!). I am 32 and DH is 37. We have been together for almost 12 years, married for 8 in October (crazy!). I currently stay at home with my DD, who was born on 11/11/11 (at 2:34am no less!) and she is my joy. DH works in IT. We have been actively trying since the beginning of this year. I had a m/c on Memorial Day and I'm still in shock that I got pregnant my first cycle after. We are excited but very cautiously optimistic. We told many people soon after we found out I was pregnant last time, but this time we plan on waiting a little while. Good luck to everyone here! I look forward to getting to know you ladies better over the coming months. :-)
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi Everyone :) My name is Nicole and I'm 28 and DH is 34 and I live in Australia...  we have been together for 6 and a half years married for 3 and a half, we have been TTC since our belated honeymoon in July this year and I was a little shocked to discover my BFP so quickly.. this is my very first pregnancy EDD 3rd May.. We have a chocolate Labrador (Cadbury) who is very cute and a little more clingy than I'd like in recent times.. 

Good luck everyone.. can't wait to get to know you all better over the coming months
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers