February 2016 Moms
Options

Baby Names

So I have no trouble with girl baby names, but can't come up with hardly any boy names! Not finding out the gender so... Hubs and I agreed to come up with 5 names for each and compare. What have all of you decided on?

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    Boy names were the hardest for us last time. We could agree on a ton of girl names, but not a single boy name---and then we found out at our anatomy scan we were having a boy. Go figure. This time I am not spending much time on names till we get closer to the half-way point. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    For a boy, we are pretty much set on Ethan Edward and for a girl, we are having a harder time.  We also considered Isaiah...but I have to think to spell that! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Actually it's the opposite for us - we cannot think of any girl names but have no issues thinking of boy names. It was the same with our first, luckily we had a boy so it worked out lol. We are still pretty much planning on a boy this time around as well though, I don't see us having daughters tbh.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Girl names I like... Olivia, Kaylee, Ava, Elena
    Boy names so far... Liam and Harrison. Although I don't want my child nicknamed Harry lol
  • Options
    We already know our girl name and are having trouble with the boy name too. Though I'm really liking Ford.
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • Options
    We have our boy name from last time... No idea on a girl name. We'll probably start talking about it in a few months. We're also team green, so no final decisions will be made until game time.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    We are the opposite. We can never agree on girl names. Haven't talked about many names for this one yet. We r team green but I'm loving Isla and Norah as my girl names. I like Hudson and Dexter for a boy. There's quite a few boy Names I like but have a hard time finding girl names I like.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LMMamaLMMama member
    I love so many girl names and am struggling to come up with one boy name that I like. I had this same problem last time, but I ended up with a girl so that worked out. My BF likes Ethan and Asher for a boy.
  • Options
    momPDXmomPDX member
    Any chance we can add baby names to the EDD list? -I have a feeling the name list could get out of hand. :D
  • Options
    DH and I still have our girl name from last time: Summer Lynn. As for boy names, we are still bouncing stuff off of each other.  We have a few contenders but nothing that's standing out.

• Options
    KiekKiek member
    When I was pregnant with my daughter we were set on a girl name from the beginning and could not agree on a boy name. So thankfully we had our Victoria Joy. This time we are set on Gideon Daniel for a boy but we can't agree on a girl name.
  • Options
    We have a small list going for both. We know for sure that if it's a boy the middle name will be Michael because that's a family name on my side.

If it's a girl I'm kind of leaning towards Michaela as the middle name 
  • Options
    We have one solid girl name, Nora Elizabeth, and boys names are either Ryan Thomas or Liam Charles (middle names are all family names)
  • Options
    Last time our name was locked in early as we named Charlie (Charles Alexander) after my Grandfather, this time round we are stuck trying to not choose a family name because we don't want the drama from DH's side. They like to tell any one who will listen it's a family name on their side. No, no it's not!
  • Options
    We had our names all picked out months before trying: Franklin Christopher and Vivian Marie. But we just moved to a new home and there's a two year old girl named Vivienne. I've just completely fallen out of love with it, she has such a big personality there's no room for another Viv! Possibilities are Daphne and Francesca (nn Frankie).
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

James Patrick pops up a lot on DH's family tree, and we both like it so we've talked about doing that. On the other hand, both my grandpas, my dad and my brother have Edward either as first or middle name so I'm sort of trying to talk DH into James Edward. He's not too keen on the idea yet, so we'll see what happens. 

So far Katherine is high on our list for a girl, though DH prefers the Kathryn spelling. I like the more traditional spelling better, but I'm not sure how much I care. She'd probably go by Kate or Katie anyway. Not sure about a middle name, maybe Rose? 

I probably just put some of you to sleep, but what can I say? DH and I love the classics!
    My DS1 is Edward James:)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    je5sc0je5sc0 member
    Everett James or Elliott Patrick for boys. Or I like Emerson Paige and Anniston Kate for girls. I am also stuck on Caroline for a girl too. Our last name is C so I think the double C sound is really cute. Who knows lol
  • Options
    BBEA2006 said:

For a boy, we are pretty much set on Ethan Edward and for a girl, we are having a harder time.  We also considered Isaiah...but I have to think to spell that! lol

I love the name Isaiah! I don't think we could use it though since our son's name is Isaac. Too matchy I think?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    edited June 2015
    We're team green and both DH and I feel like we need to meet the kiddo before we name him or her. We have a big list of names we both like but we don't even work with a short list until after he/she is born. But our long list for boys includes Samuel, Charles (Charlie), Toby, Thomas, Daniel... I can't remember what else, haha
  • Options
    LOVE Ford, super cute idea!
  • Options
    We had our names all picked out months before trying: Franklin Christopher and Vivian Marie. But we just moved to a new home and there's a two year old girl named Vivienne. I've just completely fallen out of love with it, she has such a big personality there's no room for another Viv! Possibilities are Daphne and Francesca (nn Frankie).

My daughter's name is Daphne! It's a great choice!! :):) 
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are throwing names around, but nothing has been picked. We have 1 boy and 1 girl already, so we are trying to find a name that goes good with both of theirs. We are team green as well, so I'm not in a rush :P
    BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ss456 my nephews are Isaac and Isaiah.  While i like both names, you have to stop and think about who you're talking about b/c they are so similar.  

We have our girl name from last time (team green).  My husband picked out the first name b/c he loves it so much and it's pretty much the only girl name on the planet that we can agree on.  so this time i get to pick out the boy name.  I have a few that i like but i haven't decided on the final name yet.
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• Options
    As of now we are team green.

We already have twin girls,
    Isla June & Halle Elizabeth

If we have another girl she'll more than likely be Stella Kate (because Stella is the only name my husband will suggest)
    If it's a boy, he'll be either
    Silas Jack
    Or
    Elias Byrne (byrne is H's middle name)
  • Options
    Haven't even discussed names yet. I like Emery for a girl, though...

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    Twindling said:
    As of now we are team green. We already have twin girls, Isla June & Halle Elizabeth If we have another girl she'll more than likely be Stella Kate (because Stella is the only name my husband will suggest) If it's a boy, he'll be either Silas Jack Or Elias Byrne (byrne is H's middle name)
    I love the name Halle! We're Scandinavian and are sticking with that trend for #2. But unfortunately, my ILs have a dog named Halle. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Options
    magnumJ said:

Twindling said:

As of now we are team green.

We already have twin girls,
    Isla June & Halle Elizabeth

If we have another girl she'll more than likely be Stella Kate (because Stella is the only name my husband will suggest)
    If it's a boy, he'll be either
    Silas Jack
    Or
    Elias Byrne (byrne is H's middle name)

I love the name Halle! We're Scandinavian and are sticking with that trend for #2. But unfortunately, my ILs have a dog named Halle. 

Your ILs have great taste in names :)
    I love the name Lucy but I mistakenly named my wiener dog Lucy without ever thinking I may want to use it for a daughter some day. However, I think "Isla & Lucy" sound a little bit too much like "I love Lucy" when you say it out loud lol
  • Options
    For a boy we're going with Jameson Scott and for a girl either Harper or Kinley
  • Options

DH and I still have our girl name from last time: Summer Lynn. As for boy names, we are still bouncing stuff off of each other.  We have a few contenders but nothing that's standing out.

That's my name! I always thought my mom did a great job ;)

I'm struggling to steer DH away from the video game names. I might have sold him on Quinn Elyse for a girl. The only boy name I reall love (also Everett James) was shot down.

I'm definitely impatient to learn the sex so we can choose and call the baby by his/her name. My family gets offended because its current "name" is Oops. Team Green sounds fun, but I can't stand not knowing.
  • Options
    DH and I had the hardest time coming up with names for our twins so I really don't have a whole lot of names that are still on the list. He doesn't like anything I like and I don't like anything he likes. At least we have a while to figure it out! And we are definitely (well I'm at least going to try my hardest) not telling anyone the name we choose until he/she is born. I had way too many opinions last time and my favorite name got shot down and made fun of by my mom :/ it's going to be hard to keep it a secret!

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We have Owen Charles for a boy but are completely up in the air for a girl. We already have a Haley and a Charley so wanting to keep something similar but not getting very far yet. 
  • Options
    PaniaOPaniaO member
    Our unisex middle names are Osbourne (family name) with Ozlie as a nickname and Banksy. Male names in the running are Oliver, Saul (family name), and Apollo. Female favorites of mine are Apollonia, Winifred (Winnie), Vivienne, and Olympia (Pia), but DH isn't a fan of Winnie or Pia.
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited June 2015
    I'm all over the place. DH said he hasn't even thought about it, which is fine since it's so early. We have MNs picked out so it needs to go with those and that makes it a little harder. I'm a teacher so I hate all kinds of names.

Edit to add: My current faves are Elise/Claire/Paige Donna and Ezra/Jude Lee. I really love Reid and Isla but they don't work with the middle names.

• Options
    I made up my names a long time ago and just kept playing with the spelling. My hubby wants a boy so we created that one together and I have a girls name ready to go that he doesn't know about yet
  • Options
    assynassyn member
    edited June 2015
    @PaniaO My 4yo boys is Apollo :). This will be baby no. 6 for us, makes names so much harder, specially when we like unique names!