October 2014 Moms
Options

Wednesday Randos

Re: Wednesday Randos

• Options
    Pumping, bumping and eating pepperoni in the upstairs bathroom at work. No one uses this bathroom since all the sales people are men so I figured I could go ahead and snack. Thanks for all the well wishes!
    I just pictured all of that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oatmeal is gross..
    Aubrey wears boy clothes sometimes because two big brothers! ;)
    Sorry to all the mamas with sick babes. .
    I'm a drive by poster- at work :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All body-shaming comments aside, I look like ass today. I pick out outfits for the week on the weekend (for both me and APurp, because I'm crazy), and last night I checked what I was wearing today. I was suspicious of the tights, but ok. Then this morning, I was suspicious yet again, but checked AGAIN.

I got to work and they are most definitely brown. I'm wearing a pink dress with a black sweater and black boots. I LOOK DUMB.

I also have a $200 gift card to LOFT that I got for my birthday LAST year, and I'm saving it. I refuse to buy clothes. 

STMs tell me that I will have stomach muscles again. I'm fine with my weight, because I know how to lose weight. But my belly is still sticking out, but empty, and it's weird. I have ZERO stomach muscles. That's just from stretching out, not the C Section, and it'll get better. Right????!
  • Options
    Caught up for probably the only time today ... Have to get my work shit together as I have my evaluation starting next week which means I need lesson plans plus a pre-observation form to my boss by tonight. H is watching DS all day today -- first time he's had him for more than 2 hrs. I'm a little stressed.
    Good luck, and I hope DH does a good job with LO. Call to check in often!
    this! I hope him coming to terms with his issues have helped with his ability to take care of his baby. Let us know how it goes!
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:
    All body-shaming comments aside, I look like ass today. I pick out outfits for the week on the weekend (for both me and APurp, because I'm crazy), and last night I checked what I was wearing today. I was suspicious of the tights, but ok. Then this morning, I was suspicious yet again, but checked AGAIN.

I got to work and they are most definitely brown. I'm wearing a pink dress with a black sweater and black boots. I LOOK DUMB.

I also have a $200 gift card to LOFT that I got for my birthday LAST year, and I'm saving it. I refuse to buy clothes. 

STMs tell me that I will have stomach muscles again. I'm fine with my weight, because I know how to lose weight. But my belly is still sticking out, but empty, and it's weird. I have ZERO stomach muscles. That's just from stretching out, not the C Section, and it'll get better. Right????!
    stomach muscles are nonexistent. There are exercises you can do to bring the separated muscles back together. Do I know what they are? NOPE! I'm lazy. I could maybe ask my BIL for you.
    Ask him!

I've been doing ab work, and I figured running in and of itself tightens the core. I can be patient...I just need to know it's not a lost cause. It can't be, I've seen women with babies who have muscles.
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

stomach muscles are nonexistent. There are exercises you can do to bring the separated muscles back together. Do I know what they are? NOPE! I'm lazy. I could maybe ask my BIL for you.
    Ask him!

I've been doing ab work, and I figured running in and of itself tightens the core. I can be patient...I just need to know it's not a lost cause. It can't be, I've seen women with babies who have muscles.
    It is temporary. My dads coworker gained 70lb with a twin pregnancy and her abs completely separated. By the time the twins were two, she looked great again. I didn't see her in those years so it may have happened sooner.
    Hooray!

I want to try to get as much weight off and as toned back up as possible before APurp's 1st birthday...which is most likely when I flush my birth control pills...I think a year is reasonable, and I'm not a crazy person. If I come close, that's fine.
  • Options
    @sngsoprano1‌ I wish I had enough hair for a messy bun!

Re: oatmeal. Must be cooked with milk not water. All the add-ins. Right now Iike milk, butter, stevia, cinnamon. There's a "no sugar added" jam at Trader Joes that is delish in oatmeal too. Need to add that to my big city shopping list.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:
    SPurp13 said:

Ask him!

I'll see what he says! Surely football players have this same issue ;-)
  • Options
    I feel bad that I have to keep reminding myself how much I love my dog. I love her still but I just don't have the time for her that I used to. Then she does annoying shit like bark during a nap or lick the baby IN THE MOUTH. I'm the worst dog mom lately. She just wants love and I just tell her to move out of my way!
  • Options
    @TicketTuesday - Big hugs!  FX everything goes ok for you and your LO!

Finally done with my calls for today! I am going to pump/eat and nap all afternoon! 
    On a side note, I got a new iphone 6 a week ago and I still haven't set it up because I have issues with itunes..  I am not good with technology - it hates me :( 

View Full Size Image
  • Options
    @MRSclarke08 I hope ANB feels better! A sick baby is the most helpless feeling. I hate it!
  • Options
    @TicketTuesday‌ Hope it all goes swimmingly!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @MRSclarke08‌ Hope ANB gets better soon! Re: girly clothes I don't think she looks dumb in them but I usually refuse to dress her in clothes that say dumb shit. If you buy her something that says like "I'm a pretty princess" it goes in the give away bag. A few things have slipped under my radar. They usually say "I love mommy."
    WHY does everything say "I love mommy?" She hasn't formed an opinion about mommy yet. She doesn't know what love is. Stop putting words in her mouth.

Some of the sayings I like. I bought a onesie that says "Dad likes me better than football...sometimes" and one that says "If you wake me, Mom will cut you." But like, Mommy's Cupcake and shit, no.
    I'm not going to BUY her something that says she loves me but if a hand-me-down that says it slips into her dresser... I'll put it on her. I want the "mom will cut you" one. That's the best.
    I got it on Zulily so I'll probably actually receive it once she's leaving for college or some shit.

Yeah, I'm not going to buy her shit that says she loves me, but we got a ton of shit that says it. It's fine, she wears them, but I find them to be weird. The daddy stuff, though. I'm a sucker.
  • Options
    @MRSclarke08‌ Hope ANB gets better soon! Re: girly clothes I don't think she looks dumb in them but I usually refuse to dress her in clothes that say dumb shit. If you buy her something that says like "I'm a pretty princess" it goes in the give away bag. A few things have slipped under my radar. They usually say "I love mommy."
    WHY does everything say "I love mommy?" She hasn't formed an opinion about mommy yet. She doesn't know what love is. Stop putting words in her mouth.

Some of the sayings I like. I bought a onesie that says "Dad likes me better than football...sometimes" and one that says "If you wake me, Mom will cut you." But like, Mommy's Cupcake and shit, no.
    I'm not going to BUY her something that says she loves me but if a hand-me-down that says it slips into her dresser... I'll put it on her. I want the "mom will cut you" one. That's the best.
    the girls things NEVER say anything about mommy! They all say daddy is the shit. I'd also like girly things NOT in pink. MIL said "I'm trying to buy things other than pink", but all she does is buy red! Might as well be pink
  • Options

the girls things NEVER say anything about mommy! They all say daddy is the shit. I'd also like girly things NOT in pink. MIL said "I'm trying to buy things other than pink", but all she does is buy red! Might as well be pink
    We have tons of shit that says crap about loving mommy! I don't know where it all came from.

I'd rather have pink or red than purple. I've always hated purple, I have no idea why.
  • Options

SPurp13 said:

@MRSclarke08‌ Hope ANB gets better soon!

Re: girly clothes

I don't think she looks dumb in them but I usually refuse to dress her in clothes that say dumb shit. If you buy her something that says like "I'm a pretty princess" it goes in the give away bag. A few things have slipped under my radar. They usually say "I love mommy."

I'm not going to BUY her something that says she loves me but if a hand-me-down that says it slips into her dresser... I'll put it on her.

I want the "mom will cut you" one. That's the best.

I think the stuff we have that talks about mommy are boy/neutral clothes that were handed down.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

We have tons of shit that says crap about loving mommy! I don't know where it all came from.

I'd rather have pink or red than purple. I've always hated purple, I have no idea why.
    I cannot like this
  • Options

So... About this FB group... How would one find such a thing?

Yesss please join!
    imageimage
  • Options
    @Nicb13‌ - that is awesome. Such a great feeling to help other like that. Really nice of you to do that!

View Full Size Image
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:
    So... About this FB group... How would one find such a thing?
    Yesss please join!
    I only know of one and it is closed to new members now right? 

Also, WTF with the silence?  No?
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options

What is this silence thing??? This is awkward because the silent posters will not be able to answer for me... :confused:

Im confused too. Did someone DD a post?
  • Options
    So...there are like 5 different posts requesting silence on the board...
    8-|

image         image

• Options
    vrj0522 said:
    I'm leaving to pick up my mom at the airport in a few minutes. My SIL is due with a baby girl in a few days and my mom is coming for the birth and to help her at home for a couple of weeks. We get her until the birth though so I'm excited.

I may be flamed for this but I don't understand women who don't want a sister or sister-in-law getting pregnant at the same time as them because they will "steal the spotlight". I am so happy that DD gets a cousin who is only 3 months apart from her who she can play with and who will be in the same grade in school (even if they don't go to the same school). I loved having cousins close in age to me and I'm excited that DD gets one too. 
    Me too. Layla has a cousin only 6 months older than her and it is so friggen cute watching them play together. My ice heart melts every time.

image         image

• Options
    I feel bad that I have to keep reminding myself how much I love my dog. I love her still but I just don't have the time for her that I used to. Then she does annoying shit like bark during a nap or lick the baby IN THE MOUTH. I'm the worst dog mom lately. She just wants love and I just tell her to move out of my way!
    Same. I just don't have time for her right now and I feel like shit. The other day I took her outside to play frisbee and she was the happiest dog EVAR.

image         image

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

Am I an a-hole if I don't go "silent" for 24 hours?

This is the internet...remember? Not real life. I love TB and have a great time talking with everyone but this shit is getting way too serious. Can't we just fucking talk about life and our kids and be nice so we can continue doing this? I mean, this almost makes me laugh it's so ridiculous.

This is exactly how I feel.

image         image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"