October 2014 Moms
Options

Wednesday Randos

Re: Wednesday Randos

• Options

Nicb13 said:
    Yeah, with the silence thing...once I get going I can't stop so sorry but I don't think I will be able to be quiet for a day unless it is the weekend.

sorrynotsorry

It's dumb anyways. If I ever got banned, I would hope that people would go on with their lives and not mourn me. JFC.
    I just looked at April and May 2015.  They are taking it VERY seriously!  SMH
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel bad that I have to keep reminding myself how much I love my dog. I love her still but I just don't have the time for her that I used to. Then she does annoying shit like bark during a nap or lick the baby IN THE MOUTH. I'm the worst dog mom lately. She just wants love and I just tell her to move out of my way!
    Same. I just don't have time for her right now and I feel like shit. The other day I took her outside to play frisbee and she was the happiest dog EVAR.
    I wish mine would play. Instead it just comes out as barking. Im praying for Spring over here so we can all leave the house
  • Options

Nicb13 said:

Yeah, with the silence thing...once I get going I can't stop so sorry but I don't think I will be able to be quiet for a day unless it is the weekend.

sorrynotsorry

It's dumb anyways. If I ever got banned, I would hope that people would go on with their lives and not mourn me. JFC.

I just looked at April and May 2015.  They are taking it VERY seriously!  SMH

BAHAHAHAHA. Wow. Their entire first pages are silence posts. 8-|

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

sorrynotsorry

No mourning. Just bitch about how I can't laugh at your posts anymore. Then I'll just run over to FB. 
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

sorrynotsorry

No mourning. Just bitch about how I can't laugh at your posts anymore. Then I'll just run over to FB. 
    Damn it!  No FB exodus people!!!!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

sorrynotsorry

If I didn't have you as a FB friend I'd totes mourn for you.

imageimageimage

• Options
    I think the silence is pointless. If you look on the parenting boards, I hate to say this, but some people deserved the banning because they clearly violated TOU. They were calling Bump.May names (like the C word, sheesh) and that type of thing. They basically created an uprising against the friggin Capital. Then thought it was wrong for those people to be banned? I don't see where they shouldn't have been. If you or I went around calling someone awful names and starting a rebellion, the same thing would happen. Just because they're mods doesn't mean they are immune to the ban hammer and can say and do whatever they want.
    @mrssinner402

That's not really what happened...... I can't go into details without being banned, but what is above is not a completely accurate description of what happened.  Users were banned for cursing and whatnot, but mods were banned before any of that happened.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    @MRSclarke08‌ work is boring! And I'm tired. But really it's fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    MrsSinner402MrsSinner402 member
    edited January 2015
    Bah..

imageimageimage

• Options
    I don't like mocking these women.  They formed relationships online that turned into friendships IRL like many of ours will.  Many of the women who have been here for years have been here due to major battles with infertility, and the bump was their outlet and their support group. 

As someone who suffered a tragedy and found much solace and support from friends on TB because it's easier to talk about certain things on the internet than it is IRL, I get it.  

I get saying this is just the interwebs  and that people are taking it too seriously or whatever, or that people should just get over it and move on, but I don't think it's right to mock and belittle these women or the women who support them.

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• Options

I don't like mocking these women.  They formed relationships online that turned into friendships IRL like many of ours will.  Many of the women who have been here for years have been here due to major battles with infertility, and the bump was their outlet and their support group. 

As someone who suffered a tragedy and found much solace and support from friends on TB because it's easier to talk about certain things on the internet than it is IRL, I get it.  

I get saying this is just the interwebs  and that people are taking it too seriously or whatever, or that people should just get over it and move on, but I don't think it's right to mock and belittle these women or the women who support them.
    I'm totally not mocking or belittling anyone. I just honestly don't see why they shouldn't have been banned? For reals, I legitimately don't understand.

imageimageimage

• Options

I'm totally not mocking or belittling anyone. I just honestly don't see why they shouldn't have been banned? For reals, I legitimately don't understand.
    Anyone who violated the TOU 3 times should be banned - that's policy.  But there's a lot that went on behind the scenes that caused the outburst that you all witnessed.  And we can't reveal what happened because we cannot talk about other users.

imageimage

• Options

I don't think anyone is trying to mock people, but we are allowed to have an opinion on the whole going silent thing.

As a mod, I do think it is shitty that the mods got banned, seemingly out of nowhere. But I also don't think the new "guidelines" are enough for me to want to leave TB. I'm okay with not cussing out a rando or troll, and I think that is really the only thing that will change for us on O14...Does that make sense?

image         image

• Options

I would agree that if certain people were to be banned there would be a major shit fit in these parts. But like Sinner I'm over here scratching my head on the details. I guess we will probably never know....
  • Options

I don't think anyone is trying to mock people, but we are allowed to have an opinion on the whole going silent thing.

As a mod, I do think it is shitty that the mods got banned, seemingly out of nowhere. But I also don't think the new "guidelines" are enough for me to want to leave TB. I'm okay with not cussing out a rando or troll, and I think that is really the only thing that will change for us on O14...Does that make sense?
    Yes, it makes sense.  No one has participate in the silence, just like no one had to participate in the other one. My comments were more general comments about what is happening period.

imageimage

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Posting during the "silence" is not considered mocking or belittling, right? I mean most of us had no clue what was even going on.
    @tickettuesday

Of course not!!!  post away sans judgement!  Everyone can post - this is being driven by those close to those who were banned in an attempt to take a stance.

imageimage

• Options
    @TicketTuesday‌ all this aside you should still totes join the FB group. :) PM @FamousEa‌ or @TheOtherJacobsons‌ for deets.

imageimageimage

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

Yes, it makes sense.  No one has participate in the silence, just like no one had to participate in the other one. My comments were more general comments about what is happening period.

Well it sounds an awful lot like you are referring to me but I totally stand behind what I said because to ME, The Bump is not the end all be all. I love it here and I love this board but it's not my whole life.

I don't need TB for a support system that I lean heavily on like some people might and I'm not knocking that, but it's not MY experience with TB. So yes, I think all this radio silence and the shit fits are sort of ridiculous.

you weren't mocking or belittling them though.  

imageimage

• Options
    I think it's BS that girls get away with wearing masculine clothes but boys (and their moms) get flamed if they are dressed the least bit feminine. Why are people so overprotective of masculinity?
    I still have two pages to go to get caught up, but I wanted to share.  DS1 likes Frozen.  He doesn't like Olaf and Sven and Kristoff, he likes Anna and Elsa.  Of course he does. Everyone likes Anna and Elsa.  For Christmas my mom told me that she got DD a huge Anna/Elsa Barbie gift set thing, and I commented that DS1 would be jealous. My mom told me it was weird.

Christmas came and my mom ended up getting DS1 a Frozen matching/memory game.  My mom called me up to tell me, in the most obnoxious tone, that she was trying really hard to 'embrace' DS1.  WTF.  What do you even mean by that? That you want to support my child, even if you think he's going to grow up gay? Because he likes Anna/Elsa? EVERY KID LIKES THE STUPID FROZEN MOVIE.  
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

Well it sounds an awful lot like you are referring to me but I totally stand behind what I said because to ME, The Bump is not the end all be all. I love it here and I love this board but it's not my whole life.

I don't need TB for a support system that I lean heavily on like some people might and I'm not knocking that, but it's not MY experience with TB. So yes, I think all this radio silence and the shit fits are sort of ridiculous.

I guess what I commented on @spurp13's post of silence could be considered mocking. I was totally just joking around and giving her a hard time because on FB she was all I already want to post. I didn't mean it offensively.

image         image

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

FamousEa said:

DD2 asked for chocolate milk this morning, when I told her she couldn't have any right now she let out this huge, dramatic sigh. =))

DS hates chocolate milk! What kid DOESN'T like chocolate milk?????

I hated chocolate milk as a kid. Still do!
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:

I guess what I commented on @spurp13's post of silence could be considered mocking. I was totally just joking around and giving her a hard time because on FB she was all I already want to post. I didn't mean it offensively.
    @pnwlover12

I didn't even read so I have no idea what was said.  Seriously, it was a general statement because right now there's a lot of stupid shit going on everywhere and it's making my head ache.

And why the fuck is my son eating 8 ounces in a sitting now?

imageimage

• Options
    snip
    @pnwlover12

I didn't even read so I have no idea what was said.  Seriously, it was a general statement because right now there's a lot of stupid shit going on everywhere and it's making my head ache.

And why the fuck is my son eating 8 ounces in a sitting now?
    I just did a little happy dance that Brooke did 3 ounces!  I can't even imagine....Make them stop growing up ok?
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    I think the silence is pointless. If you look on the parenting boards, I hate to say this, but some people deserved the banning because they clearly violated TOU. They were calling Bump.May names (like the C word, sheesh) and that type of thing. They basically created an uprising against the friggin Capital. Then thought it was wrong for those people to be banned? I don't see where they shouldn't have been. If you or I went around calling someone awful names and starting a rebellion, the same thing would happen. Just because they're mods doesn't mean they are immune to the ban hammer and can say and do whatever they want.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    How are you doing @syllessa?

image         image

• Options

I think it's BS that girls get away with wearing masculine clothes but boys (and their moms) get flamed if they are dressed the least bit feminine. Why are people so overprotective of masculinity?

I still have two pages to go to get caught up, but I wanted to share.  DS1 likes Frozen.  He doesn't like Olaf and Sven and Kristoff, he likes Anna and Elsa.  Of course he does. Everyone likes Anna and Elsa.  For Christmas my mom told me that she got DD a huge Anna/Elsa Barbie gift set thing, and I commented that DS1 would be jealous. My mom told me it was weird.

Christmas came and my mom ended up getting DS1 a Frozen matching/memory game.  My mom called me up to tell me, in the most obnoxious tone, that she was trying really hard to 'embrace' DS1.  WTF.  What do you even mean by that? That you want to support my child, even if you think he's going to grow up gay? Because he likes Anna/Elsa? EVERY KID LIKES THE STUPID FROZEN MOVIE.  

W.T.A.F. to your mom.  Sorry, that is just really shitty.

Wow. That is ridiculous. It sounds so fear based. I'm betting my family would be the same way though.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Things are not well, and are getting worse.  Sorry, but I'm going to be more of a lurker than a reg for a bit.  I love y'all, but I just can't give a damn right now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Syllessa said:

Things are not well, and are getting worse.  Sorry, but I'm going to be more of a lurker than a reg for a bit.  I love y'all, but I just can't give a damn right now.

Sorry you're going through all this. I hate that life just sucks sometimes :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"