October 2014 Moms

Wednesday Randos

Re: Wednesday Randos

• I went to bed and life went on without me. From yesterday's Randos:

@mrscjmb(insert numbers): I figured people would think spurp. But then it was Purp, and they call me that at work, so I was pleased.

@Saragoeswest She knows about TB. BUT. Yesterday the person I mentioned who is trying to get pregnant with the is lurking. I told her about it. She might show up at some point. I warned her about TTC...

@nicb13 My sitter was like "I can't wait to take naps with her...." She sent me pictures of her cuddled up in blankets, but she was still in the RnP, so I'm hoping that's what she meant.

I deleted a post from yesterday. If anyone finds it, don't get mad. I realized maybe it had too much personal info that isn't even my personal info, and I didn't want it to get discovered should someone be lurking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, we moved up to size 2 nips, because she was getting pissed off. What do I do with the 1s? Save them for BPurp2.0 or toss? I don't know what the rule is for things like pacis or nips. New baby=New nips?
  • Loading the player...
  • Worst. Night. Ever.
    I am going to need multiple gallons of coffee to make it through work today. Please give me my unicorn back!
  • I ate oatmeal for the first time ever this morning and it is so nasty. :-&
  • Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Fuck. Woke up crying and by the time I got her changed and the bottle in her mouth she was screaming and beat red. Cripes..

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• I've been miserably constipated for a week+ and finally broke down and decided to take a laxative. My genius self thought taking the max dose would be best so that it doesn't hit while I'm at work.

It hit me like the stomach flu a half hour before my alarm went off. Vomiting, sweats, hot then freezing, the shakes. I've been in the bathroom for 40 minutes. I think it has all passed, but I thought I was dying. I cried.
  • My daycare last is sick today. Apostrophe she threw up last night. Ugh, it cannot be good when the person who snuggles LO all day is throwing up. :(

Oh no! :( Hope LO stays away from it.

imageimageimage

• My daycare last is sick today. Apostrophe she threw up last night. Ugh, it cannot be good when the person who snuggles LO all day is throwing up. :(

I had to love title for the auto correct. It made me crack up. Sorry about the situation though. I hope lo stays healthy!
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• yella726yella726 member
    edited January 2015
    @apk4 Wait...like, the first time EVER?? I also agree with the PPs about adding stuff. I cook my oatmeal with almond milk, add a touch of brown sugar and then add chopped almonds and blueberries.

LO's eczema on his legs, I think, are starting to keep him up at night. Last night, he was thrashing around in his sleep, kicking his legs like crazy. I'm thinking he's starting to do anything he can to scratch them. Poor baby. He also tried (for the first time) to scratch at his legs during his diaper change this morning. This kid is a mess and I feel like I'm losing it. Colic and bad eczema. He's on Zantac. I cut out dairy (and chocolate -- just in case [ouch]). Everything he wears is washed in natural, fragrance-free detergent. I'm trying to keep him out of fleece and put him only in cotton. We apply coconut oil like it's our job (and just started with pure shea butter). He has a humidifier in his room and a big pot o' water on the wood burning stove.
  • Thanks for the love everyone. I went back to bed with baby and his body is like a little heating pad. I love it so much I am bumping in bed when I should be walking out the door now. Hopefully this unsettled feeling in my stomach dies down soon.
  • @apk4  DH loves to put instant hot chocolate powder in his plain oatmeal.  

@windwithfingers  Good luck on your first day back at work!  

The local school system cancelled classes for a glorified dusting of snow - they got in trouble last week when they didn't close and buses got stuck, never picked kids up, etc.  At least day care is still open as they laughed when DH called to check.  

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• I just got caught up on the craziness going on with the boards and I have to wonder if this BumpMay is not in fact Jalopy. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• I made it to randoms before page 8! I'm off work today but I work the weekend :( C woke up in a good mood and I'm now nursing her. My house is a disaster so I'm debating if I should clean or sleep when she takes a nap. Hmmm

• Good luck at work today @windwithfingers !
  • @AppleGrapeMSTK‌ that sounds horrible!! Fx the worst is over

Currently forcing baby to cuddle with me. Anyone else's LO becoming way more vocal recently?

Annnnnnd my post got interrupted by a poopsplosion that landed in my lap and on my phone.

DD was talking and babbling ALL DAY yesterday! :)

imageimageimage

• @MRSclarke08‌ I hope your little man feels better soon! @MrsTinMKE‌ I am also super excited for warmer weather. I have been online shopping for a swimsuit for DD because we are going to take swim "lessons" together in March. Baby swimsuits are about the cutest thing ever!!!! I think I am going with this one (see pic). It has snaps like a onesie so I am hoping that makes diaper changes easier if needed.
    @angeltennis3 - that is so cute! We bought DD a newborn swimsuit for a weekend get away which of course she never wore, but we bought it for like $3.00 at Kohls, it was the cutest darn thing! 

View Full Size Image
  • @AppleGrapeMTSK I hope you are feeling better soon!

@windwithfingers Good luck today! Kick some ass!

@megsrobonx That's shitty. What a notch.

@angeltennis3 and @rosalie12 Super cute swimsuits! So jealous of all the girly stuff.

@MRSclarke08 I hope ANB gets to feeling better.

Whew, I think I'm caught up.
  • @SPurp13‌ I do that trick to my mom sometimes

• I'm looking forward to spring so I can start walking him again. It's just too cold right now.

I love my Fitbit. I just ignore the weekly updates when I know I didn't meet my goals. Probably not the most efficient.
  • SPurp13 said:

Also, two more things:

Does anyone think their girl babies look stupid in girl baby clothes? I put her in a little pink RL cardigan and she looks so dumb. This thing where I was rebelling and dressing her in gender neutral clothing is biting me in the ass now, because I think my baby is a boy. She's going to grow up and be confused about her gender identity. 

AND, 

What are the boards to check? Parenting? What else? Fonts are down at work and I gots me some time to kill.
    I just said to my mom yesterday that if I didn't dress her in girly clothes maybe she'd look like a boy, just because of her age. She has no features that identify her as a girl as of yet lol. But I love the pink and frilly stuff so that won't be happening.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"