December 2014 Moms

Hodor 2.0!!!

Re: Hodor 2.0!!!

• Seemingly just in parts of Canada.  I live in Canada and have never seen milk in bags either.  All of our milk comes in cardboard containers or plastic jugs.  
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I was in elementary school, they tried to switch the school milk from cartons to bags. We all had to watch a video to learn how to use it. You had to poke the straw through the bag. We couldn't figure it our and they switched back to cartons very quickly. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes dear BF please start arguing with me about breastfeeding 5 weeks before our daughter is due because you don't understand why I plan on breastfeeding or why its better........ I'm so ready to scream
  • @misskilljoy‌ So do you keep the bag in the pitcher and pour from the bag or do you pour the milk from the bag into the pitcher? I never knew about the milk in bags thing. It feels like when I first encountered boxed milk.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• SLC1102 said:

We're going to 'friendsgiving' tonight and all the thanksgiving foods will be in pie form. I'm so excited.

@SLC1102‌ WHAAAAAAAAAAT this sounds awesome!

The artist formerly known as "amw0914"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Milk in a bag sounds totally like a mess for my clumsy self.. one I need to experience just to say I have had it lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• Is it all "brands" that come in a bag or just some? What about milk substitutes, are they available in a bag as well?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• I need to bitch real quick:

Just chased neighbor's asshole chihuahua out of my yard, it killed ANOTHER chicken. I go over there, chicken in hand so they get the point this time, and get "Oh no! not MY chihuahua, he wouldn't! Anyways he has been inside all day!", meanwhile the out of breath little asshole is staring me in the face from his spot by the fire.

Now i get to start getting ready for my 10 hour shift at work tonight. My ass just wants to sit on the couch in jammies and eat till bedtime.

Ok, back to the world of milk in a bag  :-\" 
    *********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • BTW, best wierd canadian food ever:

*********************************************BIG SIG************************************************
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I need to bitch real quick:

Just chased neighbor's asshole chihuahua out of my yard, it killed ANOTHER chicken. I go over there, chicken in hand so they get the point this time, and get "Oh no! not MY chihuahua, he wouldn't! Anyways he has been inside all day!", meanwhile the out of breath little asshole is staring me in the face from his spot by the fire.

Now i get to start getting ready for my 10 hour shift at work tonight. My ass just wants to sit on the couch in jammies and eat till bedtime.

Ok, back to the world of milk in a bag  :-\" 
    Our neighbors dog is always killing our chickens. My husband went over the other day to tell her and she laughed and said "well atleast you guys arent the type to shoot the dogs killing your animals". Nope we wouldn't shoot a dog, but that doesn't mean you should let your dog run loose and kill our animals. Ugh.
    T: 10/04/06 L: 4/22/09 Baby: EDD: 1/30/14 MMC & D&C: 7/3/13
    Baby 2: EDD: 8/06/14 CP: 11/13

BabyFetus Ticker

• tairairat said:
    Chihuahuas are capable of killing chickens? I would think the chicken could kick that little rat dogs ass.
    These aren't spoiled little city chihuahuas with bulgy foreheads that live in a purse. These are big, ugly, live outside roaming the neighborhood chihuahuas that rip the butts of your chickens and leave them to slowly die. I HATE them. X(

I did warn them that if my big dog ever got a hold of their dog in my yard he would likely kill it.
    FTM PgAL  IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tairairat said:

Chihuahuas are capable of killing chickens? I would think the chicken could kick that little rat dogs ass.

I am fostering one right now. She is a total asshole. She attacked my German shepard by the neck and I can't even bring her near our pitbull. She starts foaming at the mouth and where my GS just ran, the pibble would eat her if they got contact.
  • amedbery said:

If my experience with Capri suns so far is any indicator, I would make a huge mess with milk in a bag. God I'd love a Capri sun right now, though!

Speaking of freezing liquid in bags, I used to love frozen Capri Sun! I'd eat it with a spoon.

Also, sorry about the cervix/vag pain. As has happened so many other times I was wondering about lightning crotch after reading earlier posts and sure enough we had the pleasure of getting acquainted today.
    BabyFruit Ticker

December '14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel in Third Trimester 

• brookey79 said:
    Seemingly just in parts of Canada.  I live in Canada and have never seen milk in bags either.  All of our milk comes in cardboard containers or plastic jugs.  
    What?! Where do you live?!
    I live in Vancouver...haven't seen milk in a bag here.  Even when I was little it was delivered to the house in cardboard containers. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wish people were awake now! I'm just sitting here, watching MH play a video game, drinking a cherry limeade, and I'm bored! Why are you all sleeeeeeping???? :-(

@MissChristineMarie‌ and you wonder why we think you always talk about sonic/cherry limeade? :-)

Test
  • We took a trip to Niagara Falls a few years ago (Canadian side) and thought milk in a bag was so funny we took pictures of us buying it, holding it, putting it in the jug, and drinking it!! We are big time dorks, I know 8-} .... Total tourist move!!! We also thought your loony's and Tooney's (sp) were hilarious!! And we never found it, but heard you can order liquor for delivery to your house ?!?!?
  • And we never found it, but heard you can order liquor for delivery to your house ?!?!?

You can do this in Boston too. Several of their liquor stores deliver. Extremely convenient when your underage ;)
  • The birth announcements thread is freaking me out. A lot of the mamas were a little further along than me. I need at least another week! It's also pissing me off that people are telling me LO will come early. Don't wish that on me or my baby! I tell them he's fine right where he is until further notice. I'm uncomfortable but not in pain. My child's well being is more important, assholes.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • amedbery said:
    In a scary-yet-impressive turn of events, the baby seems to have used something in the womb to fashion into a shank and has been using her crude weapon to launch vicious attacks on my cervix and vagina. That is all.
    This will make me both laugh and cry (because my little inmate is launching similar attacks) all day. It's SO TRUE.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Serunatu said:
    I'm very surprised no one has heard of milk in a bag! I thought that was a normal thing. I'm not from Canada, and I wouldn't say it's popular in WI-but definitely not unheard of.

And about lightning crotch, I had never heard of that term and the day I did everything made sense. I often wonder what life will be like without my crotch on fire, does it really exist?

On a side note, a little boy at work tonight was completely fascinated by my belly. After answering all the usual questions (is this your first? when are you due? boy or girl? etc.) the parents said something like "there's a baby in her belly!" to the little boy who was maybe 3? As the family tried to leave they were calling his name and he wouldn't move, just stood there, eyes on my belly as though he just connected where babies came from. It got to be a little awkward but I couldn't stop laughing, he was so intrigued. 
    Funny about the little boy!  I had a similar experience on Halloween- I did the pregnant skeleton costume and there was one really little trick-or-treater that just stood there for a while staring at my belly.  It was super cute.

D14 December Siggy- Free For all:

Christmas holidays quotes

• Heartburn karma. I told you it left. I ate lasagna and it's back. Blech.

The artist formerly known as "amw0914"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• irish2014irish2014 member
    edited November 2014
    marsavary said:

Serunatu said:

I made puppy chow today, I'm really hoping I can make it last until Wednesday to bring to work for some treats... It is 9 cups of chocolatey, peanut buttery, powdered sugary goodness.

What is puppy chow, and can you FedEx it to me?
    Waaaaiiiit. You've NEVER had puppy chow?!?!

Behold: https://www.cooks.com/recipe/qa25f0up/chex-mix-puppy-chow.html

You can switch it up really easily. I've used mint chocolate chips, Nutella, caramel chips... Now I want some!!!

ETA: Shake it in a paper bag, not plastic, works way better.
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've never heard of puppy chow either...but this looks amazing.  Will definitely have to make some after I finish work next week!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was planning to avoid the store this week -- made a big run last week in order to do so.

But now I HAVE TO HAVE puppy chow, so I will be going in the morning. 

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Good point.  I've never seen Chex at the grocery store either.  However, I did eat a nanaimo bar last week!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OH MY GOODNESS, I didn't think it was possible to not know what puppy chow was.. I'm so happy you now know, easiest and tastiest treat! Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter, add 9 cups of Chex, and then top with 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar and shake it all up. I've never made it with the vanilla and butter but that sounds good too. I use the corn Chex but you can really use any kind :) Do you have Crispix in Canada? That's what we used growing up.
  • Guys, I ate way too much cheesy garlic bread and pizza at Cici's pizza. I feel gross, but it was soooo good. ** belch **
    I had chow mein for lunch yesterday and was STILL burping and tasting it like 6 hours later. My pregnancy gas all seems to want out through my mouth. :/

D14 November Siggy Challenge - How I Feel 3rd Tri:
    imageimageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Here's a little gem that I thought some of you might enjoy!

Also, I know I'm a little late on this but I did not know that dilation and effacement had nothing to do with actual going into labor. FTM forgive my NEWB-ness. That makes me feel a little more secure about how I'm feeling... Been feeling kind of off today and wondering if he hasn't just dropped all of a sudden... Cause I think I look like I am sitting a little lower and walking feels a bit different with some more cramping, but nothing too bad. Pregnancy fascinates me to no end. Lol

Any way... This little gem
    DH and I: Married 6/9/2017
    DS: birthday 12/17/14

• My husband was rubbing my leg and It felt so relaxing and good. If that's what a prenatal massage is, I need to sign up for one ASAP!
  • My husband was rubbing my leg and It felt so relaxing and good. If that's what a prenatal massage is, I need to sign up for one ASAP!

I have one tomorrow evening, it will be everything that gets me through my Monday. You married folk are lucky you can get rubbed down for free ;)
  • I just sent MH a picture of me sitting on the toilet going poop. It's pretty sexy, not going to lie.

Cici's pizza poop... Fun...

Why?

Test
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"