January 2015 Moms
Options

Jan Baby Names List

Re: Jan Baby Names List

• Options

Found out today that it's a boy!

Damian...we're still undecided on a middle name.

That is my DS name. But I spelled his, Damien Patrick (first and middle). We were thinking about naming him Caleb. We decided on Damien a month before he was born.

I have a name I am 100% sold on for our little girl. It isnt common, and its original. DH's family hates it. But this could just be because my MIL loves to control everything and has always disliked me and is rude, and if she told the rest of DH's to hate it too. She says she will name her whatever she wants to name her, and her family will call her that. Because she refuses to call her by the name we chose. Grrrrrrr.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    January 4th - Kynleigh Brielle
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are having a surprise baby 1/10. Arthur (Artie) or Elenore (Elle, Nonie)
  • Options
    Aria Devyn
  • Options
    My husband loves the name Everett :) I need to see the baby before I agree lol.
  • Options
    wow Aillise g-ma needs a time out and not contact until she calls your daughter her intended name... I don't get how other people think they can put claims on your baby!
  • Options
    mandikins27mandikins27 member
    edited October 2014
    my god that is terrible! I hate when people are more concerned about themselves as opposed to the child.
  • Options
    Brixton Morris Wilson 1/26/15:)
  • Options

wow Aillise g-ma needs a time out and not contact until she calls your daughter her intended name... I don't get how other people think they can put claims on your baby!

This!

My son went to preschool with a kid whose (unmarried) parents each called him a different name. That poor kid was so confused! He'd have to ask the teacher what name to use on his papers because he didn't know if mom or dad would see them first.
    That is so sad :(

• Options
    1/17/15- Henrik Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn roughly translates to "thunderbear"... My weird husband picked that.
  • Options
    Jan 22nd if I'm able to carry to full term. Dominic Tien. Tien is his grandfathers and great grandfathers name.
  • Options

01/14--Ryan Paul

Another Ryan! I haven't seen anyone else naming their son Ryan. And mine is due 1/13. Cool beans!

As far as grandma calling the baby a different name, that's just ridiculous and sounds like a personality disorder. Ugh! Put your foot down firmly and without drama, just not allowing nuts her way. "Sorry you don't like the name, but it is what we have chosen to name our child and what s/he will be called. If you refuse to call our child by the name we have chosen, you won't get to visit because we don't want to cause identity confusion with any made up names."

I only know one situation where that two-name nonsense has occurred - the parents are divorced and the son is a Jr. The Mom refuses to call him by his first or middle name (Michael James) so she calls him "Jae" and spells it that way. He's 4 and also very confused, poor kid. It's becoming a major issue with their custody and child support agreements. People suck sometimes.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options

saiven said:

Aillise said:

Found out today that it's a boy!

Damian...we're still undecided on a middle name.
    That is my DS name. But I spelled his, Damien Patrick (first and middle). We were thinking about naming him Caleb. We decided on Damien a month before he was born.

I have a name I am 100% sold on for our little girl. It isnt common, and its original. DH's family hates it. But this could just be because my MIL loves to control everything and has always disliked me and is rude, and if she told the rest of DH's to hate it too. She says she will name her whatever she wants to name her, and her family will call her that. Because she refuses to call her by the name we chose. Grrrrrrr.

I'm sorry but what the ACTUAL fuck? 

Ditto that.  What the hell?  Teach your daughter NOT to respond to that name.  What does your husband say about that???

After our son he would just tell me to go along with everything she wanted. (This includes a drive to her house every weekend, her own bday parties for my son, even whe we had whole family parties. To avoid the conflict, to make it easier on him because he had to listen to her. I've been dealing with this for many years.
    This pregnancy was a suprise. I always knew what having another baby would do to the "family setting" that's prob why I've waited so long. There is an article in American Baby called "the grandparent trap"
    I was reading to DH last night, because every issue is her to a T. And it gives you tips on how to handle the situations with out upsetting MIL. It turned in to a huge argument. He said that he hasn't heard her say how my choice to breastfeed is selfish because only I can feed her. So he will handle every comments when 'he' hears it, or it is said in his presence any thing other than that he can't confront her.
    But he knows her and knows how she is. More recently he has been putting her in her place but there is so much resentment and hurt feelings that he can come off like he is yelling and her. It's all just very frustrating, I try not to think about it anymore it drives me crazy .

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    Jan. 1st, Savannah Marie Rae
  • Options
    Jan. 1st, Savannah Marie Rae
    Rae is my middle name and I LOVE it =D
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    luvtakestaimeluvtakestaime member
    edited October 2014
    Our baby boy is due 1/7 and his name will be Jonas Orion. W'ell call him Joey for short. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    1/15 Arianna Grace
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Gavin Alexzander is the name we picked!!
    I have only told my sister. I want to wait until my showers to tell everyone else
  • Options
    ILIANA NEVA for our daughter. ( wanted Eliana , but H wanted I spelling, due to the Albanian ppl being called Illyrians in the past) so it is a way to honor his culture! I also was just relieved to agree on a name! This time was much harder than with DS;)
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    Only 14 weeks left! Our son will be named Landon Asher
  • Options
    Due 1/28- Roan Nathan :)
  • Options
    Due 1/1, Elliott James. I love the family names and wanted both my boys to have family names. Elliott is one my Grandpa's middle name and one of my brothers middle name and James is DH's middle name, which he was named for his Uncle, as well as another of my brothers middle name and my other Grandpa's middle name. Got lots of family connection, I love it. My first son is Everett Floyd, Everett is my DH's second cousin and Floyd was his Grandpa and the only name he really wanted. Not a fan of Floyd, but I figure it's his middle name, so why not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    1/9 Liam Michael <3
  • Options
    We're 90% sure he will be Reid Alexander or Reid Michael. Due 1/24!
    Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Due 1/28- Roan Nathan :)

Do you pronounce this with two syllables as Ro-an or as one syllable? If two I may suggest you spell it Rohan or Rowan just because "Roan" is a colour of a horse and most people would assume that's how it's pronounced! I do like Rohan, Rowan or Rowen (any of those ways) and Nathan is cute too!
  • Options
    Girl due 1/29/15
    Julianne Marie
  • Options
    Due Jan 31st. Haley Grace. Haley is my husbands mothers maiden name. Grace is his mothers first name. His mother has been deceased for 24 years. We thought this would be a nice tribute to his mother :)
  • Options
    1/30/2015- Matthew James
  • Options
    I like that you are keeping the name a secret! So are we!
  • Options

We just decided yesterday after months of debate...

Due January 22 with Beckham Keith  :x

• Options
    1/5/15, boy, Quinn Alexander

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jan 23 here! Team green, so Baby is lovingly referred to as Baby T ( the T is for our last name). I'm really liking the names Monroe for a girl and Tobias for a boy. 
  • Options
    EDD January 13, 2015. My sweet boy will be named Zachary Russell S.
  • Options
    jordynhardiejordynhardie member
    edited October 2014
    Twin girls due Jan 15th - Fynn Alice (Alice is my grandmothers name) and Lyv Avery
  • Options
    Marcus James due 1/20 :) We've been toying with the middle name Bane... just to make him more of a bad ass.
  • Options
    What do you think of Natalie May and Liza or Eliza Margaret? May and Margaret are grandmothers' names. Twin girls.
  • Options
    Due Jan 21st with Addison Grace
  • Options
  • Options
    Emilia Grace, due 1/14/15
  • Options
    01/07 Connor Reese!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"