April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    So happy for you @Stace0616‌
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NoLaLinz said:

I tried to do cute 1 month pictures of LO yesterday. I subsequently proved to myself that I am NOT a photographer... The pictures may quite possibly end up on 'Pinterest Fail'...  

Please post them :)
    Went to dr...no more progress--a tight 3cm so at least that is something! He was like "oh wow wasn't not planning on seeing you here today after the membrane sweep and your progress from before!" Yeah me neither....NST on Monday if no action over the weekend. Moral of story: cervical checks are let downs.

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I've read that if you use a rectal thermometer it will make them go. Sounded really weird to me at first but maybe I'll try it before I flip out. I feel like I have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    snmetz7snmetz7 member

Thanks guys. I've read that if you use a rectal thermometer it will make them go. Sounded really weird to me at first but maybe I'll try it before I flip out. I feel like I have no clue what the hell I'm doing.

I've also heard a q-tip with Vaseline!
    We did the qtip and within 30 secs it worked.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Those with superficial labial/urethral tears...Im five days post partum with tears that didnt need stiches. Last time i had a second degree perinneal tear so im unsure about where i should be healing wise. I talked to my midwife and she was like oh its normal to be tender for awhile. Well, duh. 

But how much is too much? Im still using peri bottle to pee and still have stinging pain randomly. I can also still "feel it" whenever i sit down or do too much. I dont remember it being like this last time. Of course ever labor and delivery is different, but what say you RTTers? Should i ask a midwife to take a look or stop being so impatient?

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• Options

Pedicure while baby wearing, yay or nay?

If I could've figured out my carrier I would've been all over it. Instead I just put her in the stroller. She was high enough I could reach over if I needed to.
  • Options
    pineconeypineconey member
    edited May 2014
    Who wants to play the hep b drinking game with me?

When I was admitted I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork including a waiver for the hep b vaccine. We ARE vaccinating, we just didn't want to start right at birth, and for hep b we want to wait until he is fully developed (age 10-12). All other vaccines will be given near the recommended times, except we won't give him more than one at a time. Ex: shots recommended at 2 months, he will get 1 at 2 months, 1 at 2 months 1 week, 1 at 2 months 2 weeks, etc.
    He has already been so overloaded with meds since birth, and we had already decided that we want his vaccines in separate doses so that if he does have a reaction we can track it.
    Anyway. That's not the point. The point is, they have that document on file about hep b and I swear I've been asked at LEAST once a day about them giving him the shot. Every time I tell them YES we are vaccinating, but we are waiting a bit. I want to turn the "so has anyone talked to you about getting his hep b shot?" into a drinking game. We are at about 7 now ladies, if you would like to join me. :)

Thank goodness no one has asked about circumcision.....

Eta: oh and earlier this week a nurse came in with a needle ready to give me the tdap shot. "I've got your oxy and a tdap for you!"
    I thought she was joking. She wasn't. I quickly informed her that I had just gotten that immunization and so had my husband. Way to ask a question before coming in ready to stab me...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Is it just me or does bluebird make the cutest babies ever? I so badly wanna see a pic of your dd and DS together
    @deidremaria Awww, thank you! That just about made my mama heart explode with pride.  :x I do have to give DH a little credit for the cuteness factor. I haven't had a chance to get a siblings picture yet because DD is with the in-laws for a few more days. Your little Dylan is perfection by the way! His hair is to die for. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Put a size 1 diaper on dd today bc we ran out of newborns, holy crap they are huge! Glad my lo isn't there yet, not ready for her to be that big!
  • Options
    My baby hasn't pooped in three days. She seems pretty pissed off about it too. She still has a lot of wet diapers though. Should I be worried? It went from 6 a day to nothing.
    Am I mixing up stories, or did you just switch to formula because the baby was reacting to dairy? I know FF babies poop less, so that could just be adjusting - but I'd call the pedi just to check in and get advice if this right on top of a food sensitivity and switch from milk to formula, just because it seems like an awful lot going on!

Yes, the constipation started a few days ago along with signs of a milk sensitivity (my other two had the same thing and this is just like it except the constipation part) so I started soy formula just yesterday hoping she'll gradually get better and I can go back to breast feeding once we both get it out of our system. I don't know if the allergy has anything to do with her not pooping. I tried the q tip thing and if that doesn't work then I'll call and try to make all of that make some sort of sense. Because it probably doesn't.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

@pineconey Ugh, I'm annoyed on your behalf. Are they assuming that because you wanted a homebirth that you totally opted out of any prenatal care or something? Gah.

I think that's what they assume. And I spoke too soon- got the circ question 10 min ago. After dealing with multiple phone calls to dr's and insurance trying to get appointments set up for me and DS. My insurance won't pay for me to see the doc who delivered my baby so I have to find someone else to do an incision check. FOR THE LOVE. And we are mildly worried about my incision site. We are keeping it clean and dry, but there has been some yellow/green on the pad. Hoping it's from the steri strips as there's not excess pain and no redness.
    Anddddd in expressing my frustration to DH he is assuming I have PPD. No, just tired and annoyed. The nurse just made it sound like I was absolutely definitely going to get the sads so he's paranoid.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Options
    I've got a squatter on my hands. Chunkasaurus has no interest in being born. I joked about being the last A14-er pregnant and it is becoming a reality. Sigh.
  • Options

I've got a squatter on my hands. Chunkasaurus has no interest in being born. I joked about being the last A14-er pregnant and it is becoming a reality. Sigh.

Don't worry you have company. :)
    I figure mine just wants to hold out til cinco de mayo so my celebratory drink is a margarita!

May the Fourth Be With You: Our 5-4-14 Baby: Andrew Joseph
  • Options
    hlm184hlm184 member
    We're military and very rarely live near friends and family.  One of our good friends is coming down here for work so they could meet the baby and we could see each other for the first time in a year... but it's the same week we're driving up the coast for another good friend's wedding.  Boo!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Poor DH. He is day 2 on paternity leave and has been with the babes (with my help on and off) and has gotten so overwhelmed I thought he was going to cry. He's been in the shower for an hour now.

Part of me feels bad for him and the other part wants to laugh and say, "now you know what I have been doing for 3 weeks, 8 hours a day, by myself." But I really do feel bad. Note to self, he can only do 4 hour stretches max.

My DH was off for two weeks and i swear he practically skipped out to his car monday morning lol. He was my rock those two weeks though and every night when he comes home, he totally takes over, loving it.
  • Options
    AprilMay9 said:
    I'm trying to be patient. Until now it's mostly been a challenge because I'm sick of being pregnant. It's starting to morph into anxiousness to just see the baby and know what I'm having.

You are hard core. Just a day or so away...

• Options
    Put a size 1 diaper on dd today bc we ran out of newborns, holy crap they are huge! Glad my lo isn't there yet, not ready for her to be that big!
    We made the switch today too because the NB seemed to be getting a bit snug. The size 1s are so big!! I am not ready for them to fit her yet, either!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options

Is it just me or does bluebird make the cutest babies ever? I so badly wanna see a pic of your dd and DS together

@deidremaria Awww, thank you! That just about made my mama heart explode with pride.  :x I do have to give DH a little credit for the cuteness factor. I haven't had a chance to get a siblings picture yet because DD is with the in-laws for a few more days. Your little Dylan is perfection by the way! His hair is to die for. 

:\"> thank you!!! His hair came as a big surprise.
  • Options
  • Options
    AprilMay9 said:

I'm trying to be patient. Until now it's mostly been a challenge because I'm sick of being pregnant. It's starting to morph into anxiousness to just see the baby and know what I'm having.

Right there with you. And little guy shows NO signs of any interest in being born. I almost cried when I realized I'll probably be back at work Monday. Sigh.
  • Options
    I really wish this little dude would fall asleep on my boob
  • Options
    I feel like a total asshole. Dylan was having a crying fit and all he wanted was to be cuddled. Now I feel horrible for starting to get a little frustrated.
  • Options
    I feel like a total asshole. Dylan was having a crying fit and all he wanted was to be cuddled. Now I feel horrible for starting to get a little frustrated.
    Please don't feel horrible! We are all learning as we go.  I have definitely had my moments of frustration, too!

CafeMom Tickers

• Options

So...I went to my 6 week postpartum checkup and it was a complete shitshow, pun completely intended. LO was sleeping during the appointment and I was a tad full, so when my doctor went to do the breast feel-up, I sprayed milk straight up into the air like Old Faithful. It was amazing.

Then, I went to grab the baby to nurse after the appointment was over and noticed that she had shat EVVVVVVVVERYWHERE. Seriously, there was poop up to her nipples. I have no idea of the following: 
    a) how she produced that much poop
    b) how it got all over her while buckled into the car seat
    c) how I managed to clean it up with the limited baby wipes I had on hand

So much poop. SO much. ::purells hands again::
    This made my day!! It also made me think of a question:

I had a 2 week pp appointment and then was scheduled for another one 5 weeks later. What is that appt about? Is it an exam??

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Yup, it was an exam. She checked to make sure all of my bits and pieces were (a direct quote) "back where they should be". She made sure my cervix was closed up, that my uterus was completely shrunk down and where it is supposed to be, that my stitches were completely healed, etc. And a breast exam to make sure I didn't have any plugged ducts. Screening for PPD, too. Lots of questions about how I'm coping, etc. Oh and figuring out what to do about birth control. 
  • Options
    Thanks @allyandmike24‌ I did half of that at my last appt! The screening and BC talk! Guess I'll shave! At lease I know my bits are where they belong! Benefit of a section I guess!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @cgoldian‌ thanks girl. He's now sleeping on my chest and I kinda don't wanna put him down because I feel like it'll somehow make up for my shittiness earlier.
  • Options

Yup, it was an exam. She checked to make sure all of my bits and pieces were (a direct quote) "back where they should be". She made sure my cervix was closed up, that my uterus was completely shrunk down and where it is supposed to be, that my stitches were completely healed, etc. And a breast exam to make sure I didn't have any plugged ducts. Screening for PPD, too. Lots of questions about how I'm coping, etc. Oh and figuring out what to do about birth control. 

Did they just feel your cervix? No speculum? I'm pretty nervous to be felt up, my stitches are still in there!
    Oh yes, speculum was at the party. Not my favorite.
  • Options
    Almost ugly cried trying to leave the hospital. The nurse told me it was state law that the baby be carried out in his car seat. Uh we don't have an infant carrier, we have a convertible and I don't see how we would carry that through the hospital. She got all pissy and left the room. She came back a few minutes later saying that we had to be wheel chaired out then. Ok by me, but am I seriously the first person on the planet to not use an infant carrier?
    Then, as we were leaving I asked about DS's birth certificate. The nurse looked at me like I was nuts and said they don't give those out, I need to contact the health department. Thanks for the info? How am I supposed to magically know these things?! Gah. Add those (minor) annoyances to the fact that DS fussed all day and when he wasn't fussing we had hospital staff coming in every 45 minutes, so I got about 10 minutes of sleep today plus 3 hours last night. I'm pretty effing delirious.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"