April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    @karissamonzo, double hugs! Thinking of you.
  • Options

@thomas930  

@J&NL  
    @aronie82

do you girls need some of my fudge too???   :)
    Yes. Yes, I do. :D
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am really tempted to bake brownies, but we have so much Halloween candy in the house still, DH would get mad.

Make brownies and melt the candy inside or ontop of it. Win win

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @MamaFantastic Yes please! :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went to the store over lunch today to get the few ingredients that I need to make penne pasta with creamy tomato sauce.  It sounds amazing and I've been looking forward to it for a couple of days.  I put the groceries in the fridge at work.  One of my coworkers ended up unexpectedly quitting or getting fired (not sure which) right at the end of the day today, and I was so distracted I left my groceries at work.  We have leftovers from last nights chicken and veggies, but I want my pasta!
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options

@thomas930  

@J&NL  
    @aronie82

do you girls need some of my fudge too???   :)
    Is it just me or did this sound dirty? Maybe my mind is still stuck on the anal sex post...
    My mind went there too lol. I had to rethink my answer.

photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    @aviola329 try clearing your cookies....for whatever reason that seems to help sometimes. 
  • Options
    dirty girl, @sisimama !! 

that wouldn't work.  we have too many outlets and not enough (any) plugs on this board ;)
  • Options
    aviola329 said:
    thomas930 said:
    @aviola329 try clearing your cookies....for whatever reason that seems to help sometimes. 
    Post fail, I don't know how to clear cookies.
    Should be same area as your browser history
  • Options

I am really tempted to bake brownies, but we have so much Halloween candy in the house still, DH would get mad.

Make brownies and melt the candy inside or ontop of it. Win win
    This. No need to dismiss the idea of brownies so quickly! You could also consider eating them all before he realizes you made them. Or you could hide them if that's your style... Either way, give the brownies a chance :(
  • Options
    So I just learned picking up my two year old is out of the question from here on out... She weighs 36 lbs. Her lower body broke out in a rash and I went to pick her up and put her on the bathroom counter and now my back is screaming bloody murder!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

1 3) I hate the movement threads. I didn't feel my first until 22.5w and I wasn't freaking out. Get a grip. All I want to say is "unless you're bleeding and cramping your baby is FINE so stop freaking out for no reason. Babies don't just magically disappear from your belly and make you un-pregnant." But I refrain because there would be that person who has a late missed miscarriage or something and I would feel like a flaming asshole. 

I feel like a total asshole for freaking out last week and calling my OB, thankfully they didn't make me feel like a crazy crack head. But, I still feel dumb for freaking out I hadn't felt the baby move in a few days.
    I've been irrationally worried this pregnancy too. You're not alone!
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

DH and I just completed our tradition of going to the 200 krona store (like a dollar store) and purchasing the weirdest/worst/slightly messed up Christmas decorations they have. We got a creepy snowman, a pathetic wreath, and those weird pills you put in to water that magically give birth to random sponge shapes. The Christmas sponge pills are for our Christmas video we make every year. We make up ridiculous synthesizer songs and then make a video. Last years video was entitled "Christmas Robot."

This is so full of win. I must see the Christmas Robot video.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • Options
    I can't believe the PSA weigh thread is still going. Please just stop. I can't take 20 more weeks of this. What is the next topic everyone can freak out about?

I spent part of my night in Sams club pricing food for a fundraiser...sigh I hate fund raisers. Anywho, fun fact: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, & Mt. Dew are the best soda deals at Sams. They are $8.98 for 36ct of 12oz cans. Making them .25 per can. Unless Target is having their 4 for 12 deal on their can sodas, Sams is where it's at. Fun information for those of you hosting holiday parties.
  • Options
    i'm going to go ahead and pretend that "gluten free" = "healthy" on these cookies i just made.  i remembered i was going to make cookies for work tomorrow a little to late and all i had in pre-made mixes was a gluten free mix.  i usually bake from scratch, but i'm SO not in the mood tonight.
    anyway, cookies are pretty good, i shared 2 with DH which means i only had 1 i guess... for now...

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    @Serenla Ready to embrace the ridiculous??? hehe. (I totally know the robot is a nutcracker, but, it also totally looks like a robot.)

OMG I DIE !! This was as epic as I imagined it would be.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • Options
    I have a case of the sads tonight. DH and I haven't had sex for 3 weeks, so I finally said something to him, and I guess it freaks him out. Also his sister who is pregnant went to the er for bleeding (like 5 weeks ago??) and so that makes him nervous too. Anyway the conversation in no way made me feel any better, and I've just been ugly crying on and off. It's going to be a very long pregnancy, and this mama is feeling sad

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    poru said:
    MamaFantastic's rocking method. And it worked (sorta). #ifeelsomuchbetterafterpooping
    @poru DH had some constipation recently, and decided to google ways to relieve it. One thing he read, that we both now do regularly, was to position yourself in a sort of "squatting" position, meaning you sit on the pot, then use a step stool or something to put your feet on. We use DS's potty seat (the lid closes and it becomes a step for them to reach the sink). Your knees are in your belly (kind of) so this takes some getting used to, but I tell ya, things just kinda slide right out with little effort. Just another suggestion in case rocking (something else I've done since I was a kid) doesn't do the trick. :)
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • Options
    michaelad3michaelad3 member
    edited November 2013

poru said:

MamaFantastic's rocking method. And it worked (sorta). #ifeelsomuchbetterafterpooping

@poru DH had some constipation recently, and decided to google ways to relieve it. One thing he read, that we both now do regularly, was to position yourself in a sort of "squatting" position, meaning you sit on the pot, then use a step stool or something to put your feet on. We use DS's potty seat (the lid closes and it becomes a step for them to reach the sink). Your knees are in your belly (kind of) so this takes some getting used to, but I tell ya, things just kinda slide right out with little effort. Just another suggestion in case rocking (something else I've done since I was a kid) doesn't do the
    trick. :)

There is actually a stool just for this very thing. I remember seeing it on some daytime talk show once upon a time. It's called the Squatty Potty!

@mrscrcalli I could definitely go for some cake or pie!

ETA: link! https://www.squattypotty.com

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    Not looking forward to Black Friday unless they have our carseats and the baby jogger city select for like half off... When did my excitement of shopping sales start revolving around babies??
  • Options
    I hate all the people on the show extreme cheapskates. Idk what it is, but they just piss me off.
  • Options
    Eija3014Eija3014 member
    edited November 2013

I FELT MY BABY!!!! No idea how, since everything says I won't. I'm a FTM, overweight, and only 17 weeks. But this time I know for sure it's my baby, and it was the same feeling I thought was baby last week! Ok, I have my baby glow now. So. Amazing.

FTR: all you who said to have something sugary to get LO moving? Mine started rolling after 2oz of wine. I can't decide if it's enjoying the grape or protesting the booze. I picture it with a teeny little protest sign, going "No more wine, we feel fine! Stop with the juice, cut us loose! Heck no, more H20!"

@BiggerinRealLife Yay!!! I'm so happy for you! I told you only you know best when it really is baby ;)

I've noticed some kicks every time I eat something spicy and I told SO that baby must like it... He said, "Or you're hurting him and he's telling you to stop!" (SO says "him" for now, until we know) Lol that definitely makes me wonder now if they are kicks of joy or protest! Either way, enjoy momma :D
  • Options
    @Eija3014 You all were so right! It hard to trust "motherly instincts" when you're not used to having them. Thanks for the good advice last time!

P.S. Sounds like your kid is going to be a hot tamale and mine is going to be a wino. :D
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    @jennypenny1014 Awww, thanks. We seriously enjoy being ridiculous. :-D 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345
  • Options

"My family kept saying they couldn't buy anything if they didn't know the gender."
    I was not kind in that thread. That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard of.

*Ok, now I'm convinced that you just like to pounce and make yourself feel prideful in your hateful and ignorant comments. Take off those ugly sunglasses and fugly hat! That's right hide your face you fucking coward.
  • Options
    All the comments about brownies and cake really make me sad. I miss chocolate! I miss caffeine!! I have a heart condition and caffeine isn't allowed. Being pregnant and not allowed chocolate is just cruelty!
  • Options
    I'm in the bathroom trying to get ready for work (ok who are we kidding I'm bumping) and all I am hear is one of my asshole cats trying to claw her way into their food container... Mind you I JUST fed them. She is such a jerk. Anyone want a kitty free of charge!?!?

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"