April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• I have my a/s tomorrow and my DH was supposed to come and my sister was going to babysit. Well now they both have to fucking work so I have to take 2 toddler boys with me.alone. I seriously want to cry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @pineconey Effing Wednesday!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have my a/s tomorrow and my DH was supposed to come and my sister was going to babysit. Well now they both have to fucking work so I have to take 2 toddler boys with me.alone. I seriously want to cry.

Oh no! So disappointing. I would definitely cry. But you get to see your baby tomorrow and that is always amazing times. Hang in there.

• Question: when does the belly button become even with the belly.. Looks so weird all indented when my belly is popped out so far !

Didn't want to start a thread but I want to know :)
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• blahswife said:

My DH doesn't like my food concoctions. Tonight I threw some potatoes and chicken strips in the crockpot. Obviously I didn't let it cook long enough because the potatoes were hard.

Did you start it early in the day?? The crockpot is called a "slow cooker" for a reason. ;) If everything started together and ran an entire cycle, it should come out perfectly cooked everytime. I've never had anything come out undercooked from my crockpot, and the shortest cooking time on mine is 4 hours.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have no idea @MrscrCalli, but I'm going to go with "it's different for everyone." Because that's all I feel I hear about being pregnant. :D

I know me too!

I just want a general.. Am I the odd one out or is everyone still "innie"
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Acid reflux can suck it. 

Zantac (aka ranitidine) is approved for use in pregnancy. I took one yesterday cause my reflux has me eating Tums like candy and drinking copious amount of milk (just like last time!), and I'm *still* not Vurping this morning like I usually do. Maybe try that? :)
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • P&B715 said:

I hate you pineconey!!!!! Lol. I loved the show lamb chop growing up and that's where I heard that song and that will be in my head all day!!!

This!!!

• I have no idea @MrscrCalli, but I'm going to go with "it's different for everyone." Because that's all I feel I hear about being pregnant. :D

I know me too!

*Raises hand* Meeeeee! I was an innie my entire pregnancy w/DS, and will be the same w/this one. It just got progressively shallower as time went on for me, but never fully flattened out or popped.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla

• natpirt said:

If I really voiced a opinion I'd make a few people cry...trying to remember the saying "if you don't have nothing nice to say....."

I am so tired of people thinking that only their opinion matters!
    You mean it doesnt?! :'( *runs away sobbing loudly*
    Becoming a mother made me even MORE laid about all this crap. I like infants seats. I don't mind sleep training. I don't need a glider. Etc etc etc. But that's just ME. Unless you're spouting incorrect information, you're no more right or wrong than anyone else sharing their experiences.
    The whole "if you do it differently then you're wrong" thing just doesn't even enter my mind for the most part.

This. I have preferences and things that work for my kid and my family. That doesn't make me any more correct than anyone else who is safely and mindfully caring for their child. I get annoyed with people who try to present their preferences as superior to everyone else's. Mompetition is dumb because almost everything barring criminal abuse/neglect is apples and oranges because kids and situations are so different.

I freaking hate the mommy wars, I got into it last night with a FB friend because she posted some blanket statement about spanking and how if people did it we wouldn't have gangsters and crime.

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @jennypenny1014 I'll amend to my statement that sometimes I despise the stupid system here. You want to know what they have available OTC for acid reflux? They offered me gum.(like normal gum. Extra to be exact.) LOL. My midwife said its just part of pregnancy. In my head, I'm like "AHHHHH! GIVE ME ZANTAC." Of course, I didn't say that and I'm just here suffering. Hopefully I can figure out what foods really aggravate it so I can stop eating it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345

• natpirt said:

If I really voiced a opinion I'd make a few people cry...trying to remember the saying "if you don't have nothing nice to say....."

Becoming a mother made me even MORE laid about all this crap. I like infants seats. I don't mind sleep training. I don't need a glider. Etc etc etc. But that's just ME. Unless you're spouting incorrect information, you're no more right or wrong than anyone else sharing their experiences.
    The whole "if you do it differently then you're wrong" thing just doesn't even enter my mind for the most part.

This. I have preferences and things that work for my kid and my family. That doesn't make me any more correct than anyone else who is safely and mindfully caring for their child. I get annoyed with people who try to present their preferences as superior to everyone else's. Mompetition is dumb because almost everything barring criminal abuse/neglect is apples and oranges because kids and situations are so different.

Um...you guys know that I was kidding, right? :D

ITA with everything said above. People who actually think their opinion is the be-all-end-all make me stabby.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • @jennypenny1014 I'll amend to my statement that sometimes I despise the stupid system here. You want to know what they have available OTC for acid reflux? They offered me gum.(like normal gum. Extra to be exact.) LOL. My midwife said its just part of pregnancy. In my head, I'm like "AHHHHH! GIVE ME ZANTAC." Of course, I didn't say that and I'm just here suffering. Hopefully I can figure out what foods really aggravate it so I can stop eating it. 
  • Serenla said:

natpirt said:

I freaking hate the mommy wars, I got into it last night with a FB friend because she posted some blanket statement about spanking and how if people did it we wouldn't have gangsters and crime.

Yup. People should be violent towards their kids to prevent them from growing up to be violent. It TOTALLY works, guys. Promise.

*sarcasm*

I know me too!

I'm too fat so mine didn't pop with either of my two. It might come close with the twins though.
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited November 2013

@jennypenny1014 I'll amend to my statement that sometimes I despise the stupid system here. You want to know what they have available OTC for acid reflux? They offered me gum.(like normal gum. Extra to be exact.) LOL. My midwife said its just part of pregnancy. In my head, I'm like "AHHHHH! GIVE ME ZANTAC." Of course, I didn't say that and I'm just here suffering. Hopefully I can figure out what foods really aggravate it so can stop eating it. 

WOW Seriously?? Gum?! Holy crap. And unfortunately hun, even plain water will be the trigger eventually. It has to do with the hormones relaxing all your muscles (including your esophageal sphincter), and your stomach slowly being pushed up, shortening the distance between the acidic contents and said relaxed muscle. The only relief is milk (just to soothe the burn for a sec), Tums (but even they only work til you drink something), and/or Zantac. Oh, and trying to sleep sitting up. I'm sorry you're dealing with that! Can't you just go buy Zantac at the drug store anyway, or is it all by prescription up there still?

ETA Ignore that last question. You just said they have gum for acid reflux. I can read, I promise. :) So then - does Iceland have *anything* OTC for non-pregnant folk for acid reflux? Or is it Extra gum for all? Something like Rennie, or Pepto Bismol? FYI If it's not illegal to send, you can PM me your address and I can mail you a big bottle of Zantac. ;)
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • Also, I think it's kind of hilarious that the weight thread made to make ppl understand they shouldn't stress, has slightly turned into a debate.

LOL I was just about to go read that one. I guess I'll go grab a snack and some chocolate milk first! Thanks for the heads up!
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
  • Also, I think it's kind of hilarious that the weight thread made to make ppl understand they shouldn't stress, has slightly turned into a debate.

LOL I was just about to go read that one. I guess I'll go grab a snack and some chocolate milk first! Thanks for the heads up!
    I'm drinking chocolate milk right now. We can be twinsies! Lololol

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited November 2013
    @jennypenny1014 I'll amend to my statement that sometimes I despise the stupid system here. You want to know what they have available OTC for acid reflux? They offered me gum.(like normal gum. Extra to be exact.) LOL. My midwife said its just part of pregnancy. In my head, I'm like "AHHHHH! GIVE ME ZANTAC." Of course, I didn't say that and I'm just here suffering. Hopefully I can figure out what foods really aggravate it so can stop eating it. 
    WOW Seriously?? Gum?! Holy crap. And unfortunately hun, even plain water will be the trigger eventually. It has to do with the hormones relaxing all your muscles (including your esophageal sphincter), and your stomach slowly being pushed up, shortening the distance between the acidic contents and said relaxed muscle. The only relief is milk (just to soothe the burn for a sec), Tums (but even they only work til you drink something), and/or Zantac. Oh, and trying to sleep sitting up. I'm sorry you're dealing with that! Can't you just go buy Zantac at the drug store anyway? Or is it all prescription up there still?
    Its prescription. The pharmacist knows me, and I asked him if they have anything like Zantac OTC. He even went back to the computer to look up what medicine that is here. He said they have something similar I'd have to call my doctor if I wanted it because its prescription only. He also said they DID have something OTC but it wasn't approved for pregnancy. I should have asked him what it was a googled it, but, he's been super helpful to me all the time and really knowledgable (about all other things) so I trust him. He was slightly joking about the gum, but said it might help a little. Arrrrgh. I'll see how it is by early next week. At that point, I'll go to my regular doctor and not call midwife. :-)
    ETA for clarification
  • I need a shower but too lazy to take one. I should also do something about my hair.
  • blahswife said:

My DH doesn't like my food concoctions. Tonight I threw some potatoes and chicken strips in the crockpot. Obviously I didn't let it cook long enough because the potatoes were hard.

Did you start it early in the day?? The crockpot is called a "slow cooker" for a reason. ;) If everything started together and ran an entire cycle, it should come out perfectly cooked everytime. I've never had anything come out undercooked from my crockpot, and the shortest cooking time on mine is 4 hours.
    It cooked for 3 hours I figured since the chicken was boneless it wouldn't take as long. Better luck next time

• aronie82 said:

Can someone tell me how grown ass women at my work office manage to pee on the toilet seats? It's not like once in a while; it's all the freaking time!  I'm so annoyed every time I go to the bathroom and go often now.

They don't sit down, they squat over the toilet and aim badly. I figured out who the culprit was at my last job and tormented her until she at least wiped up after herself. It's not that gross for your skin to touch the seat if people who are so paranoid about didn't make gross messes trying not to touch the seat!

EXACTLY! The people who hover over the seat, make it necessary to hover over the seat!

I thought everybody hovered. I clean up after myself though and use seat covers whenever possible. I was raised to squat I would have to be really comfortable not to.
  • I have a box of those pink looking twinkies in my closet and I'm seriously debating eating them.....all of them!
  • Shit @kendracoleslaw I forgot I have a balance due at my OB!

• I'm totally jealous of the pants  @aronie82 is wearing.

I also had a sex dream last night @mrscrcalli !!! I haven't had that happen yet, lol... it was... epic. LOL.

I wish I could leave and just be gone for hours from work and still get paid for it. Just go shop, lol.

I wish I could go home and make cajun chicken pasta (with triple veggies!) for dinner and leave.

I'm not feeling work today. I should forum-lurk all day.

What is a snip? As in 'snips, snails, puppy dog tails'... I know its related to boys, lol... but.. I don't know what a snip is.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• @KendraColeslaw Ugh, I'm sorry. I've been having grief with my insurances too. At first my OB's office only had a record of one insurance (I'm covered under two), so I had to get them to add my correct insurances in the first place, and even after that I'm still receiving statements that say my appointments and things are only being billed through one insurance.  8-| I'm holding off on making any payments until I can be sure that they've been properly billed through both. Luckily I don't think my particular practice will get on my butt about anything unless I neglect payments for a year or something crazy like that. Still, it's a headache and a half. 
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Question: when does the belly button become even with the belly.. Looks so weird all indented when my belly is popped out so far !

Didn't want to start a thread but I want to know :)

Not gonna lie. I can handle the ms, the back aches and the larger belly. I have a total irrational issue with my belly button turning outie. I know it's going to happen and it shouldn't be a big deal but I still don't like it. Freaks me out.
  • Serenla said:
    IF ONE MORE PERSON TELLS ME "I POPPED" THIS MORNING I WILL GO BALLISTIC!  No, baby did not get huge all of a sudden.  I am constipated and haven't had a poop in 5 days.  This is not baby, this is constipation bloat.  Leave me alone.  It's not comfortable or cute. /rant
    Time to get a poo'ula poru. You should ask everyone if they know of a good one.
    A POOULA! I died. =))
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"