April 2014 Moms

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• snmetz7snmetz7 member
    edited February 2014
    @mamamonzo good luck!!
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Who was the mamma that made super hero capes? My 2 yr old had me turn a old pillow case into one. Think I wanna get one for her bday next month!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • natpirtnatpirt member
    edited February 2014
    KendraColeslaw.

MamaFantastic, I checked out your Etsy shop, do you make toddler capes?

ETA: Saw your message on the page thanks anyways!!!

CafeMom Tickers
  • aviola329 said:
    MRI today. I've never had one before and I am ridiculously nervous. Hoping they will give us the results right there and not make us wait for our primary to review it or anything like that. Prayers are appreciated as always. I'll keep you all updated as much as I can.
    Good luck today~fx for you.

@mamamonzo  Good luck at your appt as well.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • Annnnnd I peed my first pregnancy bed pee today.

Sat up to prepare to get up to go pee.. And while sitting I peed about a fist size amount. I got up and there it was staring me in the face, laughing and telling me I still have 2 more months left. :((
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• KatieGummowKatieGummow member
    edited February 2014
    KendraColeslaw said: deidremaria said: I'm having so much fun reading the responses on this March 14 thread.
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12256634/signs-of-labor/p1

Soon enough... soon enough.
    Thank you for this. I don't think I'll be able to open the ones that flood our board. I'll probably punch the wall too many times I just can't imagine running to a freaking forum to ask strangers on the internet if I'm in labor or not. It seems so stupid - call your damn OB or get educated on what's normal and what's not!

I completely agree!! I feel this same way with the slip, fall and hit belly questions.  Obviously if you haven't called your OB as soon as it happened you aren't
    that worried.  No offense to anyone who may have posted this...

(edit: my quotes aren't working?)
    image    image    image    image

• @aviola329 Good luck today. I've had and MRI before but on my knee...you mostly just lay there bored out of your mind...my took 30 mins. You have to stay pretty still too. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @aviola329 good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker

• thomas930, do they play music or anything?  Just curious.

@aviola329, good luck!  You'll do great.

@mamamonzo, FX! Keep us posted.  Good luck!

• @aviola329 and @mamamonzo Good luck today!! FX!
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • thomas930thomas930 member
    edited February 2014
    thomas930, do they play music or anything?  Just curious.

@aviola329, good luck!  You'll do great.

@mamamonzo, FX! Keep us posted.  Good luck!
    I think its different at each hospital. I didn't get any music but I've heard that some places give you headphones to listen to some. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
                                ~Missed MC at 8 weeks. D&C at 12 weeks on 4/17/13~ 
       Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Saw this on March14 and couldn't help laughing - oh lordy...

• Vinny424 said:
    So one of the dr said I've gained too much since my last appointment but my scale has always been different from the dr scale. Which scale should I trust?
    I would go with the doctor's - it was the same scale they used to weigh you last time and that's what led them to say you've gained too much. So your scale is kind of irrelevant to their findings.
    I tend to disagree. the time of day and what you've eaten also changes. for example if i go in to the dr to get weighed and its 8 am and they check me that same day at noon after I've eaten, their scale is going to show a gain that doesn't really exist. Now if you continually get checked at the same time with the same clothes and the same diet then you will want to go with their scale over yours.
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Guess what? I'm playing catch up!
    @Tferr02 ((hugs)) I'm glad baby is ok.

@thomas930 I hope that today is better for your BH.

@Jessieann1020 you can actually make your own nursing tanks out of regular camis Google is your friend!

GL @mamamonzo and @aviola329

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I hate you, I want to stuff that down my piehole so bad.  Stupid GD!  :((

@mamamonzo and @aviola329, good luck at your appointments today! *huggles*

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • sorry, @natpirt - i've shut down my bigger kid stuff for the time being.  soon enough i'll only be offering ready to ship items in my store because you never know when baby will arrive :)

if you wanted something generic (i.e. no initial personalization) i could probably make that work for you :)
  • MamaFantastic it being a gift I think I am leaning towards personalized but thank you. If I need one later I will keep you in mind.

CafeMom Tickers
  • That funfeti cake is haunting my thoughts.. I can literally taste it!!!!!
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Hey @Seattlemama! Where ya been girl?
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • So my SIL is giving us a bunch of her baby stuff. We have tried to go up and get it 3 seperate times but her work schedule or weather has stalled our plans. I just got a text from her that we need to come get it in the next 2 weeks or she is donating it. Really? I texted her back wondering if she can bring it down here when she comes for my shower in 2 weeks but she responded that is "inconveinient" for her. She lives 90 minutes north through downtown traffic. I have doc appts, classes or projects scheduled on my dh's days off for the next 2 weeks. I am aggravated and don't know what to do...I'm tempted to say screw it but we were kinda counting on the stuff she told us she would give us. Ugh. Inlaws!!!

• natpirt said:

MamaFantastic it being a gift I think I am leaning towards personalized but thank you. If I need one later I will keep you in mind.

I don't like taking business away from @mamafantastic, but I still have the info from the lady that did DH and LO's capes for Christmas if your interested PM me.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Miss504NOLAMiss504NOLA member
    edited February 2014
    I noticed I'm not the only one annoyed with family and friends. What is with everyone lately?
  • Does anyone have experience with a long cervix?  I have been getting the comments from my OB and MFM that I have a long cervix, and on my Friday MFM appointment the technician kept repeating how long my cervix was and even made the comment, "wow, it's like a mile long." So, I did some research and some women said they had to have a C-section because they didn't dilate fast enough.  Just curious if anyone here has experience with this because my appointment with my OB is in two Friday's so I have time before I ask her.

• Does anyone have experience with a long cervix?  I have been getting the comments from my OB and MFM that I have a long cervix, and on my Friday MFM appointment the technician kept repeating how long my cervix was and even made the comment, "wow, it's like a mile long." So, I did some research and some women said they had to have a C-section because they didn't dilate fast enough.  Just curious if anyone here has experience with this because my appointment with my OB is in two Friday's so I have time before I ask her.
    They said the same about both of my pregnancies. I was only in labor with DD for 5 hours. It's worth asking about! 
  • Little Jerk has flipped tap dancing away on my cervix. Thy said there isn't much room for him to flip back and were set to schedule a c-section. I begged and cried to give it a little more time before we set a date in stone. They have no idea if I will even make much longer. It's all so up in the air. :((

BabyFetus Ticker

The doctors have told me mine was long last pregnancy and this one too. I delivered vaginally for DD. I wouldn't stress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"