June 2023 Moms
Options

January Randoms

1235»

Re: January Randoms

• Options
    thescarletmomthescarletmom member
    edited January 2023
    @hitcj4687 thank you 🩶 it's a relief to finally know and be able to settle in knowing we have a healthy babe and can start picturing our family in a little more specifics.

@kalesix3 you know, I don't feel anything too strongly? I don't feel disappointed, which I was worried I would. I feel a twinge of bummed that everybody who said we "had" to have a girl since we have two boys "wins" now, but I know I would have felt bummed to hear the disappointment in people's voices if baby had been a boy, too. DH and I talked about this feeling and I dont want anybody's elses opinions to have power over my joy for my baby, and its already fading a lot. But most of all, I feel relief! I kept having this terrible intrusive thought that they would put the wand on my belly and just nothing would be in there? No baby, no anything. And to see a healthy, growing baby overshadowed anything else. I may have some waves of feelings in the next few days, but I'm happy and content right now for sure. It does feel kind of weird to not be a "boy mom" (not that I ever really referred to myself that way?) anymore!

• Options
    @thescarletmom congratulations on your scan and finding out your having a sweet baby girl!! 💕
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sunny_native14 thank you! Thinking of you and baby boy, hope your scan is perfect 🩶
  • Options
    @thescarletmom thank you!

I think the anatomy scan went well, my midwife won't get the official results until tomorrow...but nothing seemed off. We got some sweet picture and it was just such a relief to see and hear the heartbeat again. 
  • Options
    @thescarletmom that's how I feel too so I understand. I think a lot of triggers will come up with in laws if this baby is a girl like I currently think but it takes up way less of my time and thoughts than it once did. Other people's shitty opinions don't matter in the grand scheme of things, as long as you're happy with all your children then that's really all that matters, like you said they don't get to steal your joy, you were going to be an amazing parent to this baby no matter what genitals it was born with and I hope setting boundaries with family members who trigger you will go smoothly and be respected. I'm happy and excited for you! 

@sunny_native14 omg that's awesome news! I'm so glad everything went well and hopefully the results are clear tomorrow! 
  • Options
    Congratulations @thescarletmom!! So happy for you. And so thrilled both you and @sunny_native14 had great scans today. I’m getting so freaking antsy about mine and it’s still so far haha.
    my oldest daughter asked tonight is she could hear the baby since we have a Doppler at home. This was her first time hearing this baby and I wish I could go back to take a picture of her face when she heard it. Ohhh man. My heart exploded. I explained to her that we get to see the baby soon (both the girls are coming to that appt) and she is SO excited. Watching her go through these emotions has been so incredible. It definitely makes me excited!
  • Options
    @kalesix3 I am so triggered by any remotely negative thing people say about boys anymore after everything. It's absolutely exhausting, and I know isn't over just because we have both now. I'm going to work really hard to not get ahead of myself on the anger and stress of "will they treat the baby differently/better than the boys and will I have to kill them?" before the baby is even here. But we ended up seeing both sides of our family tonight because DS1 had a spaghetti dinner fundraiser for scouts, and they all knew we knew and didn't make much of a fuss at all! Only my mom kept trying to "guess" 🙄 which was irritating but only lasted like a minute. So boundaries did well! However it did irritate DS1 that we wouldn't tell him yet haha. I feel bad, the intention was not for him to know that we were keeping a secret from him, but it was brought up in front of him so now he knows. 
  • Options
    @thescarletmom oof that's rough but I am glad the boundaries mostly worked and almost everyone was respectful. I'm sorry ds1 is feeling bad right now because he found out he wasn't allowed to know in such a roundabout way but it's only temporary so I hope he can come to an understanding ❤️ 

• Options
    They finally decided to stop waffling about it and actually do a cerclage today. Even though there wasn’t much change from last week to this week, hopefully this will keep me from constantly worrying about it and from ending up on strict bedrest. So now I’m just waiting at the hospital watching all the new moms and babies going home.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pttomato hopefully it feels good to have a definitive prevention plan in place! Does this mean anything for your plans with camping, or are you still on the fence/not wanting to go?
  • Options
    @thescarletmom I’m definitely not going this weekend, I won’t even be out of the hospital until this evening. I may still be able to go to the one in March, depending on how things go. We’ll see, I’ll still be on pelvic rest and taking it easy.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @pttomato I'm sorry that's so rough. I hope it helps though! I also hope you can get some rest 
  • Options
    @pttomato I hope it's a massive relief to have it done and not have to worry so much 🤞🏻
  • Options
    I had a dream last night I got stretch marks on my earlobes and woke up irritated 😂 I don't even have new stretch marks this time lol 
  • Options
    @kalesix3 lol I love it when dreams are just irritating 😂 like what was the purpose of me having this dream? Why? Like my brain didn't make up enough irritating things for me to worry about for no reason during the daytime
  • Options
    @kalesix3 @thescarletmom I had a sex dream about a guy from high school who was a few grades above me that I legit never spoke to, never knew aside from his name. Never talked to him after high school either 😂 pregnancy does weird things! 
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 hate that! My sister confided in me once that during her pregnancies she kept having sex dreams about her FIL (who she was certifiably NOT in to) and I remember being horrified 😂 I think I would die if that happened to me.
  • Options
    Realized we gave away basically all of our summer baby clothes from DS1 (July) since DS2 was a winter/spring baby (March). Been prowling kidizen for things and pulled the trigger on a bunch of small shop items for great prices. If you love the look/quality of Jamie Kay, Simple Folk Co., etc. but the price feels steep, kidizen is really awesome! I probably paid 50% of retail for very well taken care of items. If anybody's interested (@kalesix3 👀😂) I would totally post a "haul" photo when it all arrives! 
  • Options
    @thescarletmom it's horrible! I don't want to have these dreams 😂 I would love it if you posted a haul photo!!!
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 I would have been so pissed if I kept having sex dreams about my FIL (or anybody random) the last 4 months when all I wanted was a dream about the baby!! 😂 and of course my sister told me about her dreams when I was newly pregnant with DS1, so I was 19 and waiting in sheer terror for it to happen to me too lol.

I will definitely post them then! Heads up, I'm a biiig neutrals gal (colors are great, but I'm super easily overwhelmed visually so I tend to go more soft and muted for clothes/home). So if ivory and olive green aren't your scene I may disappoint lol
  • Options
    @thescarletmom that is right up my alley! I love neutral. I love dark colors as well. My house is pretty neutral with lots of dark pieces 😂
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 if only my husband didn't look at me sideways for it 😂 if he could he would live in a damn rainbow and my eyes just can't take all that in comfortably haha.
  • Options
    @thescarletmom absolutely not. My wardrobe has very little color too. Our furniture, paint choice, vehicles, all dark or neutral lmfao. I like earthy colors and black. A lot of greys or earthy greens for me. My mom has an orange kitchen. She is a bright color person and I am not 😂luckily my husband is on board with my boring color choices 
  • Options
    @thescarletmom oh my gosh I'm a neutrals lover all the way and I've gotten so many amazing bargains from kidizen, it's how I'm primarily building my stash of summer baby clothes because I didn't have any in small sizes either! I'd absolutely love to see what you got! I'll post some bonnets I just got in! I'm so far down the children's bonnets rabbithole it's not even funny. Bonnets on boys may not be everyone's cup of tea but I grew up Amish so it's extremely normal to me to put babies and toddlers of either gender in bonnets and my son really loves his, he won't leave the house without one on! 
    Re irritating dreams it's exactly that, I have enough irritating thoughts when I'm awake I don't need my brain to casually suggest I'll get stretch marks on my ears. Lmao. 
    I've been lucky because while I'll have sex dreams with literally anyone in them that I've met before, my in laws/ any family member has never shown up in my dreams thank God because I would be pissed 🤣 anyone else is unfortunately fair game though, as awkward as it is. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
  • Options
    Also I just got a $9 muslin snuggle me cover brand new that was retailing for $85 elsewhere. I'm so happy 😁
  • Options
    Y’all would hate me! I’m a rainbow color freak through and through. And growing up, as long as I was dressed appropriately for the season and the occasion, I got to wear whatever so I suspect my child will be the same way! Red and orange and green in one outfit, why not? Haha
  • Options
    @monkey_mcfee I also trend towards color! You might like Primary- it's one of my fav baby/kiddo clothes brands. Everything is completely gender neutral with primary colors, patterns, and fun prints!
  • Options
    @monkey_mcfee no hate!! Lol I am just drawn to dark and moody colors! Or nice neutrals! Right now, reese still wants me to pick his outfits. On the day that changes, he's certainly entitled to wear anything of his choosing so long as it's weather appropriate!! Lol 
  • Options
    @peyts228 I’m so excited about Primary! Can’t wait to buy almost everything lol
  • Options
    @hitcj4687 omg you just reminded me of my mom's bright red and yellowy ivory chicken-themed kitchen growing up 😂 literally chickens everywhere. And the giant decorative bottles filled with sliced vegetables floating in some sort of liquid? Like you'd see at a mediocre Italian restaurant haha. All very bright and eclectic. 

@monkey_mcfee my kids do pick their clothes! DS1 currently prefers that I pick for him, but he has not always. DS2 has strong opinions on clothes and is a rainbow boy like his daddy (his favorite shirt just has a massive rainbow on it), so he prefers to pick his own! I follow their lead, but when they're tiny I definitely pick things that I like until they're ready to.

@kalesix3 omg I love the Briar bandits!! They're so cute but my husband always makes fun of the pointy pixie shape. My boys both wore bonnets in the wintertime. Neither liked hats at all, but would let me put a bonnet on them once we walked out the door and they realized it was cold 😂

• Options
    @monkey_mcfee my son has a healthy amount of color in his wardrobe. I like neutrals and calm earthy colors but I don't force him to only wear 50 shades of beige and I myself wear colors and muted prints 😅
     I don't buy a lot of blue for him because I hate the social construct and we steer clear of neon colors, anything with words on it and pop culture because those things just feel icky to me on children's clothes but the shops I buy from have plenty of colorful options! Baby things I have far and away more beige and white colored things but my baby carriers are primarily pastel rainbows lol, balance in all things 😅 
    @thescarletmom my son is in a matching phase so if he wears green he finds a green dress for me, it's so cute! My partner doesn't get pointed bandit caps either but he doesn't hate on them thank goodness 😂 he also doesn't have anything to do with dressing our kiddos, that's all me so I get what I want lol. I think children in bonnets is one of the most adorable things on earth lol. Beanies just don't hit the same 😅
  • Options
    @kalesix3 DS1 loves matching with DS2 right now! I have always bought them a few pieces of matching clothes for each size/season and frequently with pjs just because I think it's sweet. DS1 always wants DS2 to be wearing the matching set with him now! It's one of my biggest small joys in motherhood, that they like their matching outfits as much as I do 🩶 DS1 is also currently in a stage where he prefers that I pick his outfits most days and will ask me sometimes if I can pick a fancy outfit for him (like when he went to a birthday party), or some other specific request and its so sweet to me. I love him. I would say my husband and I are 60/40 as far as the kids clothes (more so now that he's been a SAHD and gets the kids dressed 4/7 days of the week, than in the past when I'd say 80/20). So his bright colors, graphic tees with sayings, etc. influence definitely gets a spot in their wardrobe! We both mostly avoid character clothes and the like, but the kids have a few of characters they love that they've picked out. DS2 went hard in his sesame street phase last year so he has a very cute vintagey sweatshirt with the characters on it that has grown on me.