May 2022 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Hey all! I’m Shannon and am pregnant with baby #4 😳

Due date? May 7

How did you find out? Was super tired and my period was almost 2 weeks late lol. Wasnt TTC so this was a bit of a shock 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) 
    I’m a SAHM to 3 kiddos - 2 DD and 1 DS, ages 5, 3, and 1. We have a standard poodle puppy and DH works in software sales. I like to read and hang out with friends from church l

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) nauseous and exhausted 😅

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! We got our puppy the same day I found out I was pregnant this time 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • @trailkinder my honeymoon was a 3-week road trip from CT to CA and back! My DH and I normally road trip when we travel too. It started due to my insane fear of flying, but we actually really enjoy it now. 
  • @jackie_roses wow what a fun story! Congrats! This is so exciting for you and your SO. 
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi! My name is Sami.

Due date?
    May 23rd

How did you find out?
    I just knew. Picked up a test when I went to the store… and sure enough!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    My fiancé and I have 3 girls. Ages 4,3, and 1. Pretty sure we will be having another girl this time as well 😂 We also have a dog and a cat. I am a stay at home mom. I love to read and puzzle. (when I have the chance to)

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    I’m feeling pretty good. Tired, but good.

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself!
    I’m pretty obsessed with Harry Potter.
  • Welcome to the new gals! Glad to see some company at the end of the month. :smile:

• @ashr223 I agree 100% on unisom and B6 being lifesavers!!!

I also have an 8 year old girl (she will be 9 when this little girl is born). It’s nice to see some others with age gaps!  
  • @ashr223 welcome! There’s quite a few of us here with our youngest around the same age. My daughter is also 8 years old and this baby is also a surprise for us.
  • @ knottie Joanna welcome!! Make sure to change your username to something raiser to recognize 😊 you might have to log in and out again. 
  • @jackdetroit, welcome! And congratulations! Twins! 

• Introduce yourself: Hello! My name is Sydney, I am 24 and married. I currently live in central MS. :smile:

Due date? May 10, 2022

How did you find out? I was on fertility treatments, I was on my second month of letrozole after trying provera for a few months. (I don't cycle on my own so I rarely ovulated independently and my progesterone would drop to fast after conception on my own- took a while for doctors to see what they wanted to do since I am "so young") My progesterone was high on my cd 21 bloodwork, and my doctor suspected possibly successful and she was right! After nearly two years I got a positive test at 3 weeks- which I didn't even know was possible! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) This is our first baby, we are so excited! I am married, and work as a TA graduating with my teaching license May 2023. I also just recently sold my nail salon, and was a nail technician for 5 years. I ran out of time between my full-time job (which provides insurance and paid leave for baby!) and being a full time student- especially with bean otw it was time to let the salon go! Def bittersweet, but I have loved having my weekends again!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Overall- just tired and so, so nauseous. Def wasn't expecting to be so sick!

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! Not very interesting, but I am a professional student. Hence why I eventually changed my major to education so I never REALLY have to leave, lol! 

• @sydneyannette53 welcome!! I’m your neighbor down here in SE Louisiana. All my family is from central MS. 💜💜💜

• @MrsLaLaBug Small World! I'm originally from TN, but I love it down here in the 'sip. :)
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited December 2021
    @sydneyannette53 Love the ‘Sip too!! Rankin County is my other home 💜💜

• @taylorharris0522 what an amazing story you have! Welcome! 

• @taylorharris0522 welcome! How cool that you taught your dog to read! 
  • Introduce yourself: I’m Hannah. I’m 24 years old, from Arizona

Due date?: May 18

How did you find out?: My husband and I had been trying for a while for baby #2 and after a miscarriage this past June, we are now expecting a little girl 💕

Tell us about yourself: My husband and I have been together for almost 7 years, married for 2. Together we have a 3 year old son and a German Shepherd. I’m lucky enough to be a SAHM.

How are you feeling?: I’m currently 20 weeks (yay to halfway!) and I have a lot of back pain so far this time around. My morning sickness finally went away at 19 weeks. Emotionally I’m doing good.

GTKY: I paint, even though I’m not very good 😅
    I absolutely love Scooby Doo and will sit and watch it with my 3 year old like a little kid.
  • @lydiandreu welcome! I’m a NOLA girl 😉💜💚💛

• @lydiandreu welcome! I was born in San Antonio and am also mostly fluent in Spanish, although I don't use it much anymore so I'm getting rusty.  Happy to have you join the group! 
  • lydiandreulydiandreu member
    edited January 2022
    @MrsLaLaBug I miss NOLA so much! We moved at the start of the pandemic, so we didn’t get to give a proper goodbye to the city—everything was closed/on lockdown.
    Happy Mardi Gras season! ⚜️💜💚💛
  • @rockyroad333 welcome and congrats! Fellow Canadian here (I'm on the west coast in BC).
  • Canadian here too - opposite coast. I’m in NS.
  • @natkg welcome! Also on my 40’s with baby girl no name! Also a big surprise! I was also on BC and have a 7 and 9 yo! 💜😂