May 2022 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Oh wow!! Yay @pajamstagrams! Thrilled for you!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi all! I'm Danielle

Due date? May 16th

How did you find out? My mil was flying out for my niece's birth, and said she kept having dreams I was pregnant. Took a test just for the heck of it

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I'm 32 with 3 boys 14,10, & 8 and this is my DH's first bio baby. We have 1 doggo and a corn snake. We're in CO so we're outdoorsy and like fishing, camping, hiking all that stuff.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Pretty excited as we've been trying for the last few months. First appointment isn't until 10/06 unfortunately. I'm having hot flashes like crazy

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! Hmm I've never been good at these questions... I'll go with the fact that i went from a size 9.5 in shoes to a size 7 when I was pregnant with my youngest.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello and welcome to the May 2022 BMB!

Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Brittany! 

Due date? May 10, 2022

How did you find out? Period was late (never happens!) so I took a test! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    Husband and I have been together for 12 years and married for 2! We have 2 golden retrievers and just bought our first home last year. He just got hired as a firefighter and I’m a wedding photographer! We love adventures and nature, travel and are major foodies!  

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) 
    Ultrasound Sept 24th. Sore boobs and nausea is just starting 

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself!

we’ve been trying for months for our first babe and I was so excited to see those two lines!!! Loving this journey so far! 
  • @leggomymeggo4115 Congratulations to you on 9 years! That is so wonderful. My brother is an active, very serious alcoholic and I love hearing from people on the other side.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi, I hope I’m posting this correctly.

Introduce yourself:
    I’m Brooke, 28

Due date?
    May 16-19 (depending on date from LMP or OPK)

How did you find out?
    Tested at 9DPO and it was clearly negative. The next day I slept for 14 hours, had a TON of discharge, and my husband commented that my boobs seemed bigger (praise!!). So the next morning, 11DPO, I tested with a cheap Amazon test and got a faint positive. (I didn’t want to waste my FRER until 12 DPO) So then I used the FRER to confirm and it was definitely positive. I went into the next room and told my husband and daughter (2 years old), then put her in a “big sis” shirt and walked her into the other room to tell her grandparents. (We happened to be visiting them in another state, so we decided to go ahead and tell them in person even though it was early)

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    My daughter is a little over 2. She loves babies and will be an amazing big sister. My husband is wonderful and super supportive. He’s been wanting this baby for a while, but I had pretty bad postpartum anxiety and it took me a while to recover. Speaking of- I work part time for a nonprofit that serves families with postpartum mood disorders. I love it!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    I’m so excited. Our first pregnancy was a surprise, so I had a totally different reaction to a BFP (mostly shock and fear). But this time, I’m mentally as prepared as I can be and I can’t wait!!! My first ultrasound is 9/21

Twins run in my family…. Both my parents are twins. So I am looking forward to the US to confirm a single pregnancy :) I’d prefer just one this time!!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi everyone!! I'm Neha. So excited to be here! :)

Due date? Best guess mid-May (May 14-18 ish); should know more with the dating ultrasound!

How did you find out? Had been ttc x5 months. Actually tested a bit too early this month and was disappointed to see the BFN. But continued to be late, and started feeling super bloated plus had minor spotting (which never happens for me). So when I tested again 5 or 6 days later, I was extremely overjoyed to see the much awaited 2nd line even if super faint!

The hubs and I have been together for 12 years, married for 6. This will be our first! I'm an occupational therapist.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    I've been really excited since I got the BFP. But yday my dr called to say my bHCG was lower than she'd expect for how far we were estimating I was. Of course despite her reassurances, I had a full meltdown. I think it's just the uncertainty around when I'd have actually ovulated/conceived since my cycles vary all the way from 30 days to 38-40 at times. Thankfully I can see the results of my BW from yday and the levels are going up as you'd expect from the previous BW!! So I think I'm back to the side of excitement for now, and praying all progresses well. I've heard from friends in Canada that of an US at 8 weeks for dating (so that will possibly be the first week of October for me), but I've gotta confirm this with my dr when I speak to her again in 2 days.

I was getting into mountain biking this summer, but will of course be placing it on hold for now! Turning to painting, experimenting with acrylics and abstract styles, which has been fun.
  • @niakins23 Hi, and congrats! :) OTA student who graduates in May, here. My due date is also in that time frame and I have my first appt at 8 weeks, the first week of October.
  • mama_niamama_nia member
    edited September 2021
    @grateful_mama thank you and congrats to you!
    I love meeting other OTs and OTAs! It sounds like May will be a super exciting time for you with graduating and welcoming the lil one :)
  • @niakins23 Right?! :# Obviously waiting to make sure everything sticks to talk to my director, but I’m hoping it won’t interfere with getting my level 2 hours. 
  • Lurking from March

ahhh @karisahamdi I am so so so happy to see you here, sending all my positive energy to you and your beautiful rainbow babe
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @karisahamdi Popping in from March to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Soooooo thrilled for you ❤❤❤
  • @gembud @Panaceia aw thank you so much!! It means so much that you popped in 💜

I hope both your pregnancies are going amazing!! Wishing you nothing but health and happiness for your remaining months!! 
  • Introduce yourself: Hello, I am hopefully as second time mom. I am 38 and the reason for my name username as 35+ is geriatric. Anyone else around my age?

Due date? 8/28

How did you find out? I found out on 9/10 and my period is not due until 9/19. I used Mira Plus wands and was in their beta testing with their pdg wands and my levels were high and a every couple of months I have a frer delivered. My friend told me to take it and there was a very faint line. I then went and bought a digital test which said I was pregnant.

Tell us about yourself: I have a 7 year old son and have been with my partner for 13 years and married for 12 years.

How are you feeling? I am hopeful but scared. I have sore boobs and nothing else.

GTKY: I have only ever been pregnant once before and we have been trying for 5 years. We were going to stop trying in Jan 2022. I have PCOS and Hashimoto's disease.
  • @geriatriclady congrats! Wishing you all the best and sending sticky baby thoughts your way. 
  • childofgod93childofgod93 member
    edited September 2021
    Hello everyone!! 
    I’m super excited to be able to post here! 
    This will hopefully be my third kid and my sixth pregnancy. I am almost 29. 

Due date: May 30th, 2022 (yes I got my BFP super early last night at 9dpo, confirmed this morning with 4 different tests of different brands. 😂)

How did you find out?:
    Well, my periods are usually irregular because I have pcos. So I decided to try and track ovulation. My husband and I agreed that we would give it until the end of the year to get pregnant, and then we would be done regardless of the outcome. I got a positive opk on the 5th and 6th; negative by morning on the 7th. I have been having symptoms and watching my RHR. I had a drop on the 6th indicating ovulation, and it went back up. Then I had a drop on the 14th, which was 7dpo, followed by a rise the next day. I thought maybe it could be implantation because I cramped for two days around that time.  Also, I am having symptoms I usually don’t get, and lack of pms symptoms that I should be having by now… such as wanting to devour all chocolate. 

Tell us about yourself:
    I have been happily married for almost 8 years. I have a beautiful almost 4 year old daughter and 19m old son. I am a medsurge RN.

How are you feeling?: Nauseous with no appetite. I am excited and hopeful, but of course nervous because I haven’t technically missed my period yet. Nervous how family will respond because they think we should just be thankful that we already have a girl and boy because they don’t see the need for another kid. I am waiting to schedule a doctors appointment until I have missed my period. 

I enjoy just about anything. I love fishing, camping, hiking, reading, and writing. I am a pretty active person. 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I am Bre. I’m 29 and have a 9 year old so feel like I am starting all over again!

Due date? According to my last period May 28th

How did you find out? I took a test and got my BFP at 9dpo

Tell us about yourself : As stated above I have a son who is 9. I also have 2 pups (one of which shares my birthday). I am a full time student.

How are you feeling? I am excited but nervous! Overall feel ok just some nausea and soreness so far but its so early

GTKY: I am a military spouse! I also love crafts :)
  • Introduce yourself: Hi my name is Addison

Due date? 5/11

How did you find out? I have a very regular cycle so when I was late I suspected something was up.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My husband and I have been together over 10 years. We have a dd who is 1.5 years old We love to be outdoors and be as active as we can.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Excited and anxious. I had a c-section for my first and am unsure if I want to attempt a vbac or not.

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! My husband and I love to travel and (pre-covid) went all over Europe and Asia.
  • @geriatriclady I'm 38 as well! I was 35 when I was pregnant with DD and my OB was really great about never once saying "geriatric pregnancy" or "advanced maternal age." I hope she'll be just as cool this time around. :-D

@kma21514 Welcome! Fellow FET'er over here! There are a lot of us that have done various IF treatments in this group, which I appreciate. Last time I was the only one!
  • @acleverusername ahhhh congratulations! Happy to see you here!
  • @acleverusername ahhhh!!! Omg! I can’t believe you are here!!! Congrats!! 
  • @acleverusername ahhh so excited for you! Welcome!!! 
  • @acleverusername awwww! Yay! Congratulations!!
  • @grateful_mama Hey! Just wanted to introduce myself because I’m also Brooke, we have the same (rough) due date, and my husband is also an electrician 🤩 Congrats on your tiny human!
  • @brookejay06 Hi! How interesting. :)  and you spell it with an e also! :)
  • @mrsmac-ustouk hi! I totally get the feeling of wanting to be hit with symptoms. It took us so long to get here, that I am still not sure it’s real! I hope that when we both get the symptoms, they won’t be of the “be careful what you ask for sort.”

@klingonpixie are you a Trekkie by any chance?

@lil_queen_trashmouth I recognize your name from the Newbie Intro thread a couple of weeks back. Glad to see that it didn’t take you long.  
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername I recognized you from the TTC board as well! (I lurked there way more than I posted.) Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
  • I’m Alyssa. I’m recently engaged, and expecting baby #4.

I found out after I was getting extra moody and hungry, and then missed my period and took a pregnancy test. We’re all extremely excited for this new addition to our family.

My due date is May 11th. Got my first ultrasound a couple days ago and got to see my very tiny baby and the heartbeat :)

I’m currently a stay at home mom and doing work online on my zazzle store to make some extra income.

Symptoms: very mild nausea here and there , heavy bloating (I look like I did at 20 weeks in my other pregnancies sometimes lol, and my appetite has increased big time. Also I’m extremely fatigued constantly.
  • OneRainDropOneRainDrop member
    edited September 2021

Introduce yourself: Hi all! I’ve been lurking for a while and wasn’t sure If I’d officially intro and join, but here we are! I’m excited to be here and can hopefully stick around. I loved my BMB with my other pregnancies and really enjoyed having a community with women going through the same things!

Due date? EDD based on my own charting is 5/14/22- first appointment (ultrasound) is this Thursday, so will confirm then. 

How did you find out? I had a gut feeling this was the month- took a test 12DPO and it was positive! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) This is pregnancy #6 but will hopefully be baby number 4 for my husband and I. We have three other kiddos and are ready for our grand finale. We also have a cat, who turns one in November. I love movies, crafts with our cricut machine, and doing hand lettering. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)  Symptoms right now are fatigue, extremely sensitive chest, and some food aversions. Overall, I am feeling really calm and excited, which is such a blessing considering what this pregnancy is coming off of!  (See spoiler for explanation)

(TW: LOSS)

We had a really traumatizing miscarriage in April- the whole pregnancy from beginning to end was a living nightmare. It’s hard to explain, but I knew something was wrong from day one but wasn’t listened to by my healthcare providers. It’s a LONG story, but after 2 “normal ultrasounds” I took myself to the hospital at 10 weeks and demanded an ultrasound (the ER doctor asked me if i had even been pregnant before and assured me i was fine, but they’d do an ultrasound to appease me.) The couldn’t find a heart beat on the ultrasound and confirmed my miscarriage. THEN after my first d&c, and being in incredible pain, they found through lab work that it was a partial molar pregnancy which led to many more complications… including another trip the the ER for terrible hemorrhaging and a second D&C. After three+ months of recovery, bloodwork and lab follow-ups, we were finally given the ok the try again in August. My husband and I have never conceived our first month trying, but this time it happened! I  feel incredibly grateful for that! I was in the October 2021 BMB and vanished into thin air because it was such a hard time I didn’t have the physical or mental capacity to explain what was going on and say goodbye. Hopefully I’ll be able to stick around with you all! 

GTKY: Tell us a fun or interesting fact about yourself! Hmmm… fun fact- I’ve been to North Korea! A family member of mine was in the army and we visited him in Seoul. We got to visit the DMZ and there is a building there that is half in North Korea, half in South Korea. We got to stand on the opposite side of the room with an armed guard, so *technically* we were standing in North Korea! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @skat0323 I ran the dopey back in 2016. Waking up that early all those days in a row was brutal. It was def a one and done event for me.