February 2022 Moms

Introductions :)

13»

Re: Introductions :)

• Loading the player...
  • @tessiesmom26 welcome!
    @gardenvariety88 you are definitely not alone, I started out feeling kinda detached too because of the fear of MC. now that I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow, with my first u/s scheduled for Friday and having had 2 beta tests, I'm starting to feel less afraid and more excited/attached. some fear/detachment, I think, is normal/healthy, considering how early it is. but if you feel like it's too much, I'd highly recommend therapy to help work on some of the fear/detachment stuff. my therapist has been super supportive and helpful!
  • @chgilmore thank you and I completely agree although I have yet to take your advice. Every time I syke myself up to find a therapist something falls through. I had one last year while I was pregnant because I was worried about PPD/PPA and then COVID hit and she wasn't a great fit. About 6 months postpartum I tried to get set up with a perinatal therapist but at the last minute we had to cancel because she was over state lines and wasn't able to do telehealth with her license. DH has already been encouraging me to try again to be more proactive this time, so I should probably get on that...
  • @gardenvariety88 it takes time to find someone who will be a good fit. I will say from personal experience, sometimes looking for someone who has the right credentials can make you overlook the person who will have the right personality. I'm a therapist myself and looking for mine, I said I wanted a certain kind of work but I ended up being paired with someone who's credentials were almost opposite of what I was looking for...two years later I'm still seeing him because our rapport/relationship is good. and studies show that that's what matters anyway :)
  • Welcome @saltymom21! I'm also a FTM in SLC :)
  • @saltymom21 Congrats! I play video games too! What are some of your faves?
  • @ohsunnydays2 Welcome! What grade do you teach?
  • @makingbacon Thank you!! I actually teach grades K-5 (I'm an arts teacher :) ). 
  • I somehow missed a lot of these intros 🤦🏻‍♀️ Welcome!! 
  • Hello, my name is Jenn. I'm 38 and expecting my first!! My boyfriend and I met just over 2 years ago thanks to online dating, which usually was a Hell for me. I was single (mainly by choice) for 11 years after an Awful relationship and while I've wanted children since I became 25, I never thought it would happen.
    We went through infertility testing but thankfully it wasn't an issue between us, our timing of having intercourse may have been what made it difficult. We tried from Nov 2020 to June 2021 with no success.
    I downloaded a tracker app which highlighted more fertile days and after paying more attention to that, I believe that is what did it!!
    In June, 3 days after a period that didn't appear I took the pregnancy test one morning and cried in happiness!!
    I am so terrified and happy!! Also am glad to join here as over the last 6 months or so I have been reading many stories from this website and what to expect :)
  • Congrats @nicademus20 ! Ive been popping in and out of here myself, as I get closer to my due date (feb 6), im finding more comfort in reading these stories, as its becoming more real every day. 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi 18 y/o mother with a 6m boy (Maria)

Due date was Feb 5th, he was born via PLANNED

How did you find out? I just knew from the start

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty great, was super nervous and anxious during pregnancy and during the first week of my son's life

GTKY Fun fact: What makes you feel the most beautiful (inside and out!)? Make up maybe, or just going out in sweats and feeling comfy
  • when was he/she born