April 2022 Moms

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome everyone!! So excited to see so many new joiners!! I am also very close with my last BMB group so hoping for the same here!!

@dinomeetsjedi I am also located in Utah!
  • @Blondesweety444 I knew there had to be at least one haha
  • @queenklau TOTALLY feel you on the jinxing it thing- that’s why I felt scared to post here too. And it’s also why we haven’t really told anyone except those who may be affected by it immediately (coworkers etc). My husband and I work together.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Hey! I’m Jess, we’re due April 23 so far of all goes well, I’m only 6 weeks but I’m Extremely anxious over losing the baby but trying to stay positive! I haven’t had my first appointment yet but I will on the 25th and I’m very excited :) 

My partner and I found out when I came home one day and felt dizzy and nauseous and my sister who is very pregnant said “me too” and that was the day I was supposed to have started my period. My partner and I have been trying for a baby and I was super excited but nervous because we’ve only been trying for 2 months. We went to the store bought 5 tests and all five came back positive! 

A little bit about me - I’m currently a sophomore in college working at The sonic near my school and I enjoy reading and binge watching Chicago med! We have no other human babies but my partner and I have a very sweet neighborhood special we named Kash who is a little under two years

so far I am very super tired and emotional and have recently started getting nauseous and throwing up which I take is a good sign. Twins run in our family so I’m very nervous but excited about the possibility of twins. 

A superstition I believe Is splitting poles brings bad luck, I never let my partner split a pole with me 😂
  • @legallullabies welcome! Super impressive you’re picking your moment to share with your husband. (weeks!) :D power to you! 
  • @morganw320 congrats! First I'd like to say, I aspire to be as relaxed as you. Second of all, I will now start a new tradition of checking behind shower curtains :) 
  • Due date? 8/19

How did you find out? I took a test a day after my TWW.

Tell us about yourself - Chicago native living in Pasadena with my husband. I work in production.

How are you feeling? I've been mostly tired and hopeful. We've been trying for so long and already experienced a loss. I'm so excited. I'm going allow myself to enjoy every minute.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us about a superstition you have or used to have - I used to believe if I used a brand new pencil on a test, I was sure to pass.
  • @joms2526 haha thank you! Rest assured that I was a basket case the first time around :) I am still nervous this time, but I know what to expect and the timeline of things, which helps my inner control freak. Also you’re welcome for the new shower curtain trick-ha! 
  • edited August 2021
    @atuffaha Welcome, glad you're here! I am also a 29 year old midwest attorney. Kind of jealous you're working from home, my secretaries have been watching me like a hawk for 6 months now waiting for a baby announcement. Before I knew I was pregnant, I had a sick day with lots of nausea and worked from home. The comment at work was I hope she's pregnant 🤦‍♀️

Hope to get to know you better over the next few months!! 
  • Good morning,

My name is Melissa. I am 39 and pregnant with our second. I have my fist appt on Monday with my OB but all my tracking apps show a 04/01 due date.

My first was a full surprise since I had an IUD and this second one happen in our second cycle of trying after a chemical pregnancy.

i don’t remember feeling this awful with my first- the round the clock nausea, exhaustion and foot aversions are next level. I am hoping this just means a girl this time and not just because I am of “advanced maternal age” haha.

I never tell a birthday wish in case it makes it not come true ;) 
  • @doula-mama hey lady! So happy to have you here!!!

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @legallullabies I definitely feel so lucky to be able to WFH!! Looking forward to getting to know you too 😊
  • Hi ladies! I’m Maggie and I am joining in early with caution and optimism. I enjoyed the BMB so much with both my babies. So nice to have support from other women going through the same things! 

Due date? April 28

How did you find out? My husband decided mid-cycle this month, on our 11th wedding anniversary, that he was ready to try for #3. We only DTD one time in the fertile window, I have been repairing my hormones for months after a bout of over exercising and macro tracking which caused me to stop ovulating, and we are not young, so I wasn’t sure it would even be possible. I had terrible AF cramps on Thursday and assumed I was out. Yesterday I was grocery shopping and I got this feeling like I would punch a nun for a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios and it hit me like a lightening bolt. I bought a test and it turned + before I put all the groceries away. I really can’t believe it, but it also feels very meant to be that we made our 3rd and last baby on our anniversary. 

Tell us about yourself: I am 38, as is my husband. We’ve been together nearly 20 years, married 11. We have a 5 year old girl and 2 year old boy. I recently quit my full time job at a medical communications agency to start my own freelance business and it’s going great so far! I love to garden, cook, eat, and work out.

How are you feeling? Emotionally I am overwhelmed. I wanted this baby very much, but I honestly wasn’t sure if my husband would ever get on board, or if my hormones were healthy enough to make another. Still very early and I’m nervous. For symptoms, my stomach is already getting iffy, I am absolutely burning up, and the exhaustion is real. I have also dropped everything I’ve touched in the last 24 hours. My husband is laughing at me because we have a joke in our house about when I drop things I must be pregnant.

GTKY Fun fact: It’s not exactly a superstition, but I have a pair of hot pink heels that I wear into high pressure situations for luck. I passed my thesis defense and have secured more than one job wearing them 👠
  • ***lurking****
    Congrats @maggiemadeit!!