December 2021 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @PYLWhammy thanks! I initially thought we'd have more of a 4-5 year gap, so 7 seems like a lot, but I know DS will be an awesome and helpful big bro. I'm nervous about starting over, now that I've gotten a taste of more independence. It will definitely be a pro financially. I can't imagine having 2 in full time daycare!  

This was our make it or break it year for adding to our family, and I'm so excited. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @threes_companypu Welcome! We are in Pittsburgh, too!!!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @brookert615 what part?! I’m in the south hills. I have heard great things about you from my Sept19 friends!
  • @threes_companypu Awww! I'm in the South Hills, too! How cool!!! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • bumphibumphi member
    @savedby congratulations! You are truly blessed and am so happy for you. Welcome
  • @pharmfam3 @vjc1594 welcome to the group, and welcome to the incredible journey of parenthood! 💕 
  • Hi Everyone! 

My due date is 12/28/21.  Will be little sibling to a 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. 

I am 31 and work full time and my free time is spent with my little love bugs

i have been so sick. Have a nurse coming to give iv fluids at home and if that doesn’t work in 4 days I have to stay at hospital for 3 days to get sickness and fluid intake under control.  

Looking forward to taking this journey with all you lovely ladies! 
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @j-to-the-amie - same when I became pregnant. My partner knew before I did lol. We had also been planning to have kids some time but never really figured the details out, so I was both excited and caught off-guard when I ended up pregnant. 
  • @knottie59790a493f54f0ea first of all, you may want to change your nickname - was difficult to "tag" you.  Second, glad you have joined!  I definitely creeped at first too not sure if a forum was going to be "my thing" or not as I usually keep stuff to myself at times.. but then I realized it was nice reading other people were also very worried about things and could relate to symptoms that I realized is probably a great thing when going through something that others (except people currently pregnant) can fully understand.  I can imagine after a loss it was also more scary to "jump in".  Anyways welcome! 

@bkjade haha sounds exactly like us... we were "planning" for next year... and I was going to be mom-of-the-year with prenatals and not drinkin while trying to conceive... oops...maybe second child??   :neutral:  I think we needed this to be honest... cause we would have always found a reason why we should wait...and I am not getting any younger :flushed:
  • Thank you, @j-to-the-amie! Just updated my username. Thanks for the tip. I also question if the amount of the symptoms I’m feeling is normal, especially as a first timer. Totally agree with you that it’s great to be part of a community with others going through the same thing!
  • Hello! 

Due date: Dec 3rd

How'd you find out?
    We'd been trying since August 2020; I have a super irregular period so I was avoiding testing until I was really late. I was super nauseous and fatigued but was still delaying taking a test since I was afraid to see a negative result. Finally took a test after period was 2 weeks late and voila!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    1st pregnancy but we have two fantastic cats already.
    I'm a librarian and my husband is a financial advisor.
    We are very low key and major introverts. We prefer spending our free time at home, reading, gaming, and snuggling the aforementioned cats. We also love hiking and camping.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    Now that the 2nd trimester has hit I'm feeling a bit better, but still adjusting to all the physical changes. First midwife visit a couple weeks ago and it was amazing to hear the heartbeat. I can't wait for my next appointment because that first one gave me such positivity about this scary endeavour. 

Weird symptom I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing- no nausea, but randomly gagging the last couple weeks... no clue what is triggering it.
  • @littleschmidts our interests are very similar to ours.  In a lot of ways I was grateful for the pandemic because I didn't need to makeup excuses to not see people.   I did have nausea first trimester, but also gag randomly and sometimes it turns into puking, like this morning.  I think the gagging is 2 fold: increased mucus production and increased gag reflex sensitivity. 
  • edited June 2021
    @scaredunprepared That was my guess. It doesn't help that I'm allergic to my cats so there is ALL the mucous. 
  • @littleschmidts Welcome :smile: that is very exciting news especially after trying for so long.    Awww I love when cats are snuggly.  I think some people have had bad experience with cats before and assume they all "keep to their self" or "bossy" or "grumpy"  but they really arent - they can have such personalities.    Are you a librarian in a school or in a city library?  I can't  (luckily) relate to the random gagging though I definitely have read it often on different forum chats on here.  I am starting to get dizzy sometimes when I first stand up...hope that is normal.. 
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @j-to-the-amie ugh the dizziness, I have had it with all four of my pregnancies. I'd ask your doc to make sure, but I have *really* low blood pressure that causes me in normal times to black-out/get dizzy/nearly pass out when I stand up and it gets worse during pregnancy for me. My doc recommended drinking LOTS of water, drinking tomato juice for the high sodium content, and being careful when I stand up. I cannot do the tomato juice but drinking a ton of water helps me a lot!
  • @welawn welcome and congrats! Whereabouts in Michigan are you? I grew up in the Detroit area. We also have no family where we are now (MD)  so I can relate to that.
  • @j-to-the-amie public library in a 14 branch semi-urban/ rural district. So I work out of a larger urban centre but most of our locations are in rural areas. 
    Cats are so unique - one of ours is just constantly running around crazy and destroying the house and the other mostly sleeps and demands snuggles.
  • welawnwelawn member
    @PYLWhammy Thank you!  We're in Wyandotte, not too far from Detroit :) It's definitely tough without family around. 
  • @littleschmidts wow 14 branches in a district...do you need to travel to the rural places or do you stay at the large urban centre? 

Can I guess that the white one is the crazy one?  
  • Haha yes the white one is the crazy one!

Occasionally I travel to the other locations, but rarely thankfully. I'm able to do most of my work with them remotely.
  • @littleschmidts your cats are gorgeous!
  • A little late to the party, but here goes nothing :smile:

Due date? Dec 17th

How did you find out?  Tested on the same day as our oldest DS got his driver's license!  

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    Married with 3 kids- DS (16), DS (14), DD (7)
    We have a dog, cats and chickens
    I am a nurse as well!  Glad to see some others on here too.
    Been married to my best friend for 18 years

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    Hello insomnia!  Anxiously awaiting our 20 week US.  I turn 40 a few months before the baby is due so trying not to stress about AMA.
  • Is it cool if I just jump in here? TB has been hateful since Feb and I just haven't had the energy to fight it. I'm a recurring member, was in A15, O19 and did a 19m stint in TTGP before O19. (Made appearances on 4 other BMBs but those didn't work out). But in all seriousness, if I'm barging in late and it's weird, I'll bow out peacefully. 

Due date? Dec 4

How did you find out? Well when your seeing an RE Took a test on 10dpo to brace myself for the impeding BFN that I'd get on 14dpo to stop progesterone. Boy was I surprised. None of my other pregncies happened so quickly (this was 3rd cycle)

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Full time working mama here. I love my job, office manager at our local dealership. DH and I have been together for 18yrs, married for 7. We have 2 kids, our son is my A15 and daughter my O19

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I feel great, second tri and all. 1st tri was exhausting but not bad by any means.

• @prpl11butterfly Welcome! I don't think it's too late to jump in now. It's pretty quiet around here. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited July 2021
    @prpl11butterfly welcome! Not too late, and like @melbel0824 said it’s been a bit quiet around here lately! Glad you’re here!