August 2021 Moms
Options

Great Big Name Thread

124»

Re: Great Big Name Thread

• Options
    @Clobert, I get the dilemma! With DS, DH was SUPER set on the name Beau. I love the name, but my cousin's son is named Beau. So, I wouldn't do it. This time around, DH is pushing for Beau again. I'm wavering because I do love it. And honestly, we NEVER see them.
    I think your situation is more unique. Neither one is "technically" a family member, so there isn't any certainty that they would be a permanent fixture in your life. I would be more likely to use the name of the co-worker over the potential family member. Do you see the co-worker being a part of your life in five years? In ten years? If the answer is, "probably not," then I would go for it! My two cents!
  • Options
    @Clobert - I think it's fine and not awkward. I have a fairly common name and if someone I knew used it, unless it was my own brother, I'd never assume they were naming their kid after me. And even in the case of my brother I'd only assume it's after me because I have a family name that's been passed down (my aunt and grandma both have the same first and middle name).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @clobert,  if you're not super close with them, I doubt they would think you were naming the baby after them. Particularly the co-worker. Also, I love your older two children's names! 
  • Options
    @Clobert FWIW,  some casual friends of ours recently had a baby and named it the same name as MH. It's not a super unusual name, but we obviously noticed. We just thought it was a funny coincidence that they chose the name, and didn't feel weird about it at all. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel like if anything it would just mean that the announcement/first zoom call to that side of the family or my coworkers would just be like a big happy joking focus on how we chose their name and then no one would think about it after that.  I don’t think anyone would be angry or anything.  It’s funny, I like names that aren’t totally made up, so I probably have to get over knowing someone with the name.  
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm expecting a baby girl in August. My husband and I love a first name that starts with a B. We want to use a J middle name as it is a family name. Our last name starts with a C. So her initials would be BJC. Is BJ as a first and middle a big deal? I'm trying to think of when I used only my first and middle initial and I can't think of any times!
  • Options
    @merelades I wouldn’t think too much into it :) my sons first and last name make his initials BS. If you like a name, I say go for it and don’t let the little things push you back from using it. 
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    @merelades, my sister's initials were MF growing up (MB now that she's married). And she did get made fun of for it. She also felt deprived because she could never get cute initial necklaces. :D I think having BJ as first and middle isn't as big of a deal, but I would think twice about it too. Anyways, just my two cents!
  • Options
    @merelades
    I wouldn't worry about it too much! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    Any and all ideas needed and welcomed. 
    We have 3 kids already, this is our 3rd boy. All of our kids have E names… which I totally regret now. That’s a story for another time, though. 😂

Anyway, what E names can you come up with? Middle name will be Keith after my dad. 
    6.1.10 -- Natural MC @ 6wks 3.17.11 -- BFP, born 11.8.11
  • Options
    @quitexcontrary what are your other kids names?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @quitexcontrary
    Eames, Ethan, Evan
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    I love Elijah :) my sons middle name is going to be Eli, shortened from Elijah because it just doesnt flow right with his full name lol 
  • Options
    This is so much easier for someone else, lol. 

Emmett
    Elliott or does Elliot look better? (My brain is struggling lol.)
    Embry
    Emmanuel

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 that might help lol.their names Edward and Everett.

• Options
    @claireloSC I love Ethan and Evan, my husband on the other hand is a no go. 🙄
  • Options
    @ashsowers2020 that’s on my list, and I’d probably use the nickname Eli. For some reason my husband is okay with Elijah, but not okay with just naming him Eli. 

@loloyoyo26 lol it’s so much easier to come up with names for everyone else. I mean, we even have favorite names that are not E related, but we accidentally ended up down this path. 
  • Options
    @quitexcontrary what is the other initial for the 3rd kid? Or is this kid 3? I don’t think I’m understanding the kid math here but I’ve admittedly had a rough mental day today. 😂
  • Options
    @mrspants0809 this will be #4, but 3rd boy. All E’s. Edward, Emma, Everett 

I hope your evening was better than your day!! 
  • Options
    moeraemoerae member
    @quitexcontrary how about Ewan? Like Ewan mcgregor? 

Elias, Erik, Ernie, Eugene?

Some famous last names that could work: Ellis, Edison, Emerson

i think I exhausted all the E-names I could think of 😝
  • Options
    🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️ @quitexcontrary I missed the name Emma in my reading comprehension. I was thinking that maybe your daughter had a different initial. I love all of your already used names too! 

Elliott
    Easton
    Eli

• Options
    I love Elias, Emerson, Ethan, Eric/k

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    Edwin ?