December 2021 Moms

Introductions

Hi! Welcome to the December 2021 BMB!

Due date? 

How did you find out? 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @night_nurse and @misshelen86 I am so glad that you both are here! I am not gonna lie, I was creeping for days before I just went ahead and started this thread! I guess we can do more once we have some more ladies join? I’ve never been one of the firsts in a group before so I am not sure how this works, haha! 
  • @rgn12 same! I have been waiting for it to open. I joined my Feb18 board at about 17 weeks pregnant but am still good friends with around 20 of the ladies who started out there. Am hoping to find the same community here <3
  • @rgn12
    Haha, we both have a husband, a daughter, two dogs and a cat. My house is definitely a bit of a zoo too. 

@misshelen86
    Omg, congrats on your BFP!! Hoping for good beta numbers for you!! IF is quite the fun little journey, isn't it?  ;)  Just take it one day at a time! 

@night_nurse
    I also just completed my vaccination in early Feb (first dose in Jan). My husband gets his first shot next week and I'm so excited for him. 

@nz113
    My sister gets HG too...she usually ends up taking ondansetron/zofran and it helps a little bit...but so miserable. I hope you have an easier time of it this go-around. 

@gymkim67
    Congrats on #5!! Your house must be busy!!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @rgn12 Also a zoo here. We have just a cat and one dog, but he’s a feisty golden retriever so he is destructive enough for 5

@misshelen86 big board game fan over here! What do you play? Since it’s just me and DH during the pandemic we have done a lot of 2 player games - twilight struggle, pandemic (ha), ticket to ride

@night_nurse I feel you on not having symptoms when I recall having some last pregnancy. They do say every one is different

@nz113 ooh a farm sounds beautiful. Good luck!

@gymkim67 due date twins! I’m terrified about how to handle #2. I’m in awe of your #5

@mbradfo2 everyone talks about their kids watching frozen non stop, but my 2 year old refuses to watch it so far. Give it to me straight...is it just a matter of time?

• @mbradfo2 Congrats to you too! Your betas look great. Glad to see someone else here who went through IF..
     “I survived my 6 year journey to my daughter by always expecting the worst and then getting delighted with the better” this resonated with me so much!! It’s exactly how I felt going into this transfer. 

@blueowl08 Ticket to ride is one of my favorites! I also enjoy pandemic, pirate cove, king of tokyo, etc. and party ones like cards against humanity, what do you meme, joking hazard.. We have a few shelves of board games in DH’s office. He actually proposed to me through a board game! 
    Me: 35 DH: 35
    TTC since 9/2018
    Dx: MFI
    10/19- First RE visit
    2/20- DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles 
    7/20- IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN
    9/20- IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal
    11/20- Mock transfer/ERA
    12/20- FET #1- transferred one 4AB- BFN
    3/21- FET #2- transferred one 3AB- BFP! Due Dec 2021
    12/21- Baby girl born!

• @blueowl08
    Honestly, I'm not so sure how it happened! My daughter fell in love with Frozen a bit after she turned 2 and wanted to be magical like Elsa and brave like Anna. But she always loved anything colorful, sparkly and pretty. 

@misshelen86
    Yeah, with my daughter I joined another pregnancy birth club (What to Expect) and I just did not feel like I fit in AT ALL. There was maybe a handful of people who had even done fertility treatments who were active and I was among the oldest moms at 34 (yes. AT 34.). I don't mind young moms at all but we are often at different places in our lives. I've felt soooo much more at home on the Bump for whatever reason. It was just hard to be around all these happy pregnant people who were planning their nurseries at 10 weeks, etc -- I just had too much PTSD from infertility and loss that I didn't even want to BUY baby things before my daughter arrived. We literally only had my baby shower presents and 1 pink blanket I bought from Target when DD arrived...I was ordering a layette of baby things (bibs, clothes, blankies, swaddling cloths, baby mittens) and our car seat while I was sitting in my hospital room waiting for the nurses to begin the induction.  As a side note, I really recommend picking up one of the Gerber baby layettes they sell on Amazon! It was very good quality at a good price for so many items that we ended up needing. I didn't even realize babies needed mittens to protect their faces from getting scratched up, but the Gerber layette had them so I was prepared!

My husband is board game obsessed and I like to play many of them -- I actually have an awesome track record of winning at Cards Against Humanity when we play it with friends. I just got him a board game about the Salem Witch Trials so we'll probably try that out at some point.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Hi! Welcome to the December 2021 BMB!

Due date? December 10th

How did you find out? I’ve been testing for the past few days getting the faintest whispers of a line and then today I finally took a digital and it said pregnant!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets?Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I am 26 and have been married to my husband for almost 7 years. We have known each other since we were 7 and are high school sweethearts. I have a 6yo daughter and a 4 yo son. I had both of my babes young so I’m excited to do it again when I’m a little older although 3 kids before 30 is a little jarring to some. I currently just work retail but I am in school to be a paralegal. I will hopefully be done next spring! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. This was not a planned pregnancy, we had a condom break during my fertile week so I am feeling a little overwhelmed. We got rid of all of our baby things so it’s like we are starting over. I have felt slightly nauseous all week but that may just be from the anxiety lol. We are also very excited though so it’s just a lot of mixed emotions. I’m just hoping for a healthy pregnancy and baby. 
  • nz113nz113 member
    @mbradfo2 I love to play video games too!! 
  • @misshelen86 hi from a fellow nurse. Happy you are here! Will be thinking about you Saturday. Let us know how it goes.

@blueowl08 still no visitors allowed in at my OB offices as well. Not sure how I feel about it yet other than anxious to get the first appointment out of the way. I think we’ll pay for an elective ultrasound soon after the anatomy scan so DH can see babe.

@nz113 hello from North Ga as well!

@mbradfo2 same due date! And yay for reassuring betas. Also have every Frozen movie and short film (Oalf’s Frozen Adventure is hands down the best) memorized. Pretty much on repeat all day long over here.

@bearsandbeets7 sounds like you have a lot going on and anything you’re feeling is totally valid. Full-time mom, student and wife?! You’re superwoman
  • @night_nurse
    Here here on Olaf's Adventure! I remember how up in arms people were about it playing before Coco but it was HILARIOUS. I never understood the hate.

@nz113
    My husband got me into video games when we were first dating -- he loves RPG's and was playing Final Fantasy XI with some buddies at the time. I had the summer off between graduating college and starting grad school so I had tons of free time and decided, 'why not?'. He got me Oblivion that summer and I basically played it to death haha. Miss all of that free time!!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @dressedupinlove
    Welcome!! I am another unexplained infertility case that morphed into borderline DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) during my break between IVF cycles to have my daughter (March 2018). I did a FET on 3/19 (EDD 12/5) and I'm pretty sure we have a couple other ladies in the same boat! These early days are so difficult but hopefully we can all support each other. I have a history of miscarriage so I'm crossing my fingers that this is a sticky bean.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mooreamerican
    Welcome! I've been tired too and fortunately no nausea or food aversion yet. Mostly just sore boobs and hot flashes (I'm on supplemental progesterone since this was an embryo transfer and as a result, my progesterone levels are really high -- I think something like 45 or 54, I always mix up the numbers). 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @mbradfo2 yes it’s so nice to have some support at this time. Thinking sticky baby thoughts for you, the anxiety can be tough, I am feeling it too <3
  • @alixrosev
    Welcome and congrats! I'm a Floridian as well (South Florida - Palm Beach County). Descriptive Linguistics sounds fascinating -- I took a few linguistics classes in college as my undergrad major was French Lit. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• rgn12rgn12 member
    edited April 2021
    Welcome! @nz113 @gymkim67 @mbradfo2 @blueowl08 @bearsandbeets7 @therealfrizzle @cbd5314 @dressedupinlove @jph91 @mooreamerican @alixrosev

@jph91 and @therealfrizzle I am a little unsure about the COVID vaccine during pregnancy too. I had one scheduled like two days before ovulation, but I had so much anxiety I canceled since I knew we were actively trying. I reached out to my OB via message and they just said I could get it “if I wanted to,” but no recommendations either way. I am hoping to get a better idea when I have my in-person appt in a few weeks. Maybe they just didn’t want their recc in writing. I WFH and DH is social distancing/masking for his work, so hopefully we’ll stay healthy in the next few weeks. DH is getting his vaccine as soon as he can. Hopefully more information will keep coming out about safety and such for the vaccines. It seems like there’s been a lot more just in March, so that’s promising! 

@nz113 yay, due date twins! I felt the same way, I told my husband if I am not pregnant something is seriously wrong with my body right now, hahaha. Glad I was right! 
    @gymkim67 baby #5, so exciting!! 
    @mbradfo2 that is awesome, we have the same set-up currently! Never a dull moment!
    @blueowl08 my DD was born in 2019 too (July). I miss wine already too! 
    @bearsandbeets7 high school sweethearts, that is awesome!! 
    @cbd5314 I am pretty anxious as well, I hope we all have healthy pregnancies! My DD is almost two as well! 
    @dressedupinlove we are keeping this a secret so far too! I am hoping we can make it to our first OB before telling close family. I am extra anxious as well. 
    @mooreamerican #3, so exciting!
    @alixrosev hungover is a great way to describe it, I’m having a similar experience as well! 

ETA weird spacing
  • @rgn12
    I actually just was reading an article about whether or not covid vaccine should be recommended for pregnant patients. They basically said no one can recommend it until we have more data so until then, its "up to you" and your doctor won't make a recommendation. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @mbradfo2  I’m hopeful she’ll at least give me her medical opinion though, even if she can’t guarantee it’s safe. I totally understand that piece, there’s just not enough information to definitively answer. Which totally stinks!! Hopefully the upcoming months and further research/data will make this easier. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @blueowl08 please do! Keep us posted on your experience! Good luck today!! 
  • @blueowl08
    Nice! Happy Vaccination Day! Good luck :smile:

Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• rgn12rgn12 member
    Welcome @kaitcrystalline ! We’re due date twins, funny it does seem to be a popular one for our BMB! 

I’m with you on trying to keep busy and taking things one day at a time. **TW** My loss was right at 5 weeks a few months ago, so tomorrow being five weeks very much feels like a milestone (and also triggering at the same time). I hope we all have healthy and uneventful pregnancies this time around! ❤️

• @kaitcrystalline
    Welcome and congrats! 

TW 

I also lost my first pregnancy at about 8 weeks along so I understand the anxiety -- I am just focusing on certain milestones to keep sane but positive. Tomorrow is my 4th beta and it will hopefully be over 5000 so we can schedule the u/s. Then it will be the wait until u/s and hoping to see that heartbeat. I'm trying my best to reassure myself that this time we used genetically tested embryos and my previous losses were most likely genetically abnormal. Hopefully it will be an uneventful first few months and then the ride until due date!
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @dressedupinlove
    @blueowl08
    I think my insomnia, at least, is mostly related to anxiety! DH was awesome this morning -- I had gotten up early since my daughter woke up at 4 am and she fell asleep in her bed after a bit as I was sitting with her (and dozing myself) so I got up and went back to bed at around 6 am. DH let me sleep in until almost noon!! I was shocked when I woke up and I was alone in the bed -- I'm so used to getting up before everyone. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• mbradfo2 said:
    @dressedupinlove
    @blueowl08
    I think my insomnia, at least, is mostly related to anxiety! DH was awesome this morning -- I had gotten up early since my daughter woke up at 4 am and she fell asleep in her bed after a bit as I was sitting with her (and dozing myself) so I got up and went back to bed at around 6 am. DH let me sleep in until almost noon!! I was shocked when I woke up and I was alone in the bed -- I'm so used to getting up before everyone. 
    Being a mom is really tough job. I feel your pain.