1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• @amks18 I’m sorry you’re going through this at this time. Probably the best you can do is to just give it a couple days and test again. There are a lot of possible factors like different dye lots, production mistakes, digitals require a higher HCG level, etc. Without being able to do betas (which I would pass on right now too), all you can do is to give it a few more days. 

That said, if this isn’t it and you’re still TTC, I’d hold off on the Clomid until you can be properly monitored on it. They need to be doing ultrasounds to make sure you don’t have too many mature follicles and are risking high order multiples, watching for things like it thinning your lining, etc. FX for you. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • I literally got the cheapest one possible, and it came out really fade, almost cannot detect by the first time.  But if you can see 2 lines, u r def. positive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Spoke with the doctor and she said it was a chemical 😔. She told me not to try this month but next month is is a go. I am going to hold off on the clomid for a few months, because I was able to get pregnant on my own. Thanks for the advice. 
  • cradlefoxcradlefox Just Joined
    Hey ladies! I don’t know where else to post this and I want some feedback/opinions. Please read all, thank you!!
    I have been pregnant twice before. I lost both, but I know what early pregnancy feels like and especially how you feel before you think to take a test (never have been TTC). 
    I’ve been feeling those same symptoms again this month and took a test yesterday. I felt like I saw something, but it was sooo faint and minuscule that I took it as negative because I didn’t want to give myself line eye. Today, I looked at it again and see an obvious line. I KNOW you’re not supposed to look after the time the box says, I know the basics of evap vs. positive lines. 
    However, this line has color and is thick and doesn’t look like any evap line I’ve seen with this test brand before, and to me it doesn’t look similar to qualities that define an evap line. 

Is it possible at all for a line to pop up after recommended time and be an accurate positive? Or am I seeing color in the line where there isn’t any and it’s totally just evap?

I’ll post a pic, the test has “diluted” written on it bc I just used the pee in the toilet, maybe that also might have something to do with it? I’m unsure, that’s why I’m posting here for clarification. 
  • @cradlefox, in my experience, those tests almost always look positive after a few hours.
  • Hi all! 

I woke up this AM got super nauseated and actually vomited. I am 11DPO then I was late so ran to work but got home at 7pm and took a EasyHome pregnancy test because I’m psycho and couldn’t wait until the morning. Do you guys see a faint line? I know I’m only 11DPO and it was evening urine and I’ll probably find out tomorrow BUT I SEE A LINE and I’ve never seen a line before 

• @tryingktogku I definitely see something! Test again in the morning or wait until Saturday
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Congratulations! @tryingktogku

That is pretty much what you can expect those tests to look like this early, and they notoriously can take a V long time to darken.  Feel free to keep peeing on things, but the digi was always the clincher for me.
  • edited April 2020
    So it’s definitely a little bit darker this am than yesterday but still faint but I am only 12DPO! And I had to pee real bad at 3am then tested at 5am when I got up lol so not sure if that was FMU or if I should have peed on the stick at 3am? 

So also where does everyone go from here? Are there dailies here like in TTGP? I just don’t see a lot of activity! 
  • You may have to just poke around a bit to find the December 2020 board... @tryingktogku
  • babyodobabyodo member
    edited April 2020
    @tryingtogku Yaaaaaaasssss!!!! The December 2020 BMB hasn't been opened yet, but it should be soon.

ETA: it's not on the main Community page, but it's open here: https://forums.thebump.com/categories/december-2020-moms

Me: 37 / DH: 41
    Due with baby #2: Feb 2022

• Dirty lurker***
     @tryingtogku the december board is open. congrats. The 5am urine is plenty early enough, that is great darkening from yesterday to today. Try not to stress it too much. a line is a line. Congrats!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• I ii used the Walmart equate early results 2 pack tests, a clear blue rapid results and 2 clear blue digital-the ones that say pregnant or not pregnant the digital ones both said not pregnant so I may have tested to early for those 
  • @bristolmomma I see a line in all congrats!
  • With my first I didn’t get a clear positive HPT once. All faint and even at Urgent Care (10 days passed my expected period) was told negative. I knew I was and requested to have a blood test. Had blood drawn, positive and my levels should have easily detected on HPT! Just tested positive recently for my second child, on a HPT 3 days before missed period. Photo attached. Very clearly positive. Had bloods drawn today. If you get a faint I suggest having bloods drawn to be 100%! It really depends on so many factors. 
  • Hi I missed my period, and potential symptoms of pregnancy. This is my first time ever trying to be pregnant, tracked my ovulation and I have 32 day cycle. After one week of missed period, I have a pinkish spotting while I planned to do the pregnancy test. So thought I would wait and see and then today being the 11th day passed my period, it increased, changed color to light red and I had a tiny blood clot in my toilet paper. Should I still do a Pregnancy test to confirm? Or consider it as an regular period and try again next time! I have PCOS and took meds to make it an regular period cycle, for nearly 7 months I have regular periods. Quiet confused please Help.
  • johaniha said:
    Hi I missed my period, and potential symptoms of pregnancy. This is my first time ever trying to be pregnant, tracked my ovulation and I have 32 day cycle. After one week of missed period, I have a pinkish spotting while I planned to do the pregnancy test. So thought I would wait and see and then today being the 11th day passed my period, it increased, changed color to light red and I had a tiny blood clot in my toilet paper. Should I still do a Pregnancy test to confirm? Or consider it as an regular period and try again next time! I have PCOS and took meds to make it an regular period cycle, for nearly 7 months I have regular periods. Quiet confused please Help.
    Just take a test, no one here can tell you.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • thank you, sure I will.
  • meggyme said:
    johaniha said:
    Hi I missed my period, and potential symptoms of pregnancy. This is my first time ever trying to be pregnant, tracked my ovulation and I have 32 day cycle. After one week of missed period, I have a pinkish spotting while I planned to do the pregnancy test. So thought I would wait and see and then today being the 11th day passed my period, it increased, changed color to light red and I had a tiny blood clot in my toilet paper. Should I still do a Pregnancy test to confirm? Or consider it as an regular period and try again next time! I have PCOS and took meds to make it an regular period cycle, for nearly 7 months I have regular periods. Quiet confused please Help.
    Just take a test, no one here can tell you.
    thank you sure I will.
  • edited April 2020
    These are my two tests taken on the same night @ 12 DPO.
    I've always heard that FR was the most accurate test for early detection.. BUT I believe differently now! Both brands, my Clear Blue "plus sign" test/Clear Blue digital and my cheapie WM ($1) tests showed up VERY quickly, and VERY dark! 
    I also took a DG cheapie ($1) that looks very similar to the W-MART cheapie, just a few hours prior and it was super dark as well. I'm now a firm believer that FR tests are not as accurate. That's my *opinion but I've always heard the opposite, always negative stuff about the "blue dye" tests being unreliable. I could barely see a faint line on my FR test but very clearly and immediately as the urine hit the test lines on my others, a positive showed up & my Clear Blue digital was relatively quick results as well. I don't personally feel I would ever trust the results from a FR ever again. ALSO, I purchased an Amazon Prime quickie/cheapie HCG packet of strips (50 cnt) they all have shown up VERY dark  testing just a couple of days after getting the first BFP's and I test pretty regularly, as I could hardly believe I conceived not trying after trying so hard with my previous pregnancy (8 months TTC). 

• A positive pregnancy test result will typically either show up as a plus sign, two double lines, or one line in a results circle or window, though there are other kinds of test results, including the digital ones that show the word "yes" or "pregnant" when they're positive. Also I read this eBook that helped me during my pregnancy and I highly recommend it. You will fell so much better if you are healthy payhip.com/b/gkSi
    Thank you for that amazing insight...
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Amazoncom ALREADY POSITIVE Prank Pregnancy Test BOX of 2 - NOLooks like this, with two lines.

• What’s with all the random “helpful” commentary from people who have just joined? 
  • condurecondure Just Joined
    edited April 2020
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
  • aleesha98aleesha98 Newbie
    edited April 2020

• aleesha98aleesha98 Newbie
    edited April 2020
  • My sister got a positive test with a FRER and she knew it right away, because she got it from her doctor.
  • edited April 2020
    Hi guys, first pregnancy...... this is my test at 5 weeks 2 days. Is it a good sign that my test line is so much darker than my control line? What did yours look like at 5 weeks? I had a miscarriage in Jan and I’m a bit nervous. 

Edit: I’m 6 weeks now and took a clear blue today (digital) and it still says positive but i know from personal experience that it takes a while for the hgc levels to go away after a miscarriage. I just want to know if the dark like is normal