Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
Started TTC August 2016
BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
BFP: 2/27/20

Re: Introductions!

• Loading the player...
  • @aliciaftw FX for this to be your rainbow baby! What are you studying?
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started TTC August 2016

• @aliciaftw Scotland, wow!! I’d love to visit there one day. 
  • @mimser I'm hoping that this is your rainbow baby!
    @kitkatz1990 That's sweet that your kids are so excited! When will you tell them?
    @aliciaftw That's a cool story for how you met YH. Do you think you two will live in Scotland or the States long term?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @BumpAdmin Can we get this stickied?
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig The states, just because my PhD is coming to an end and I have a bigger support network there for raising a baby. However, we were originally planning to go back in November so our timeline is going to need adjusted... if I have the baby here, it would be completely free.. but a 17h trip home with a newborn sounds impossible and awful for the baby and other travellers. I don't know what we're going to do yet! 
  • @hedgepig well, it’s kind of complicated. I’d like to be into the 2nd trimester before we tell them. The thing that makes it complicated is that my daughter goes to preschool at my school, and my son attends the after school program there and I am so terrified that if my coworkers find out that I’m pregnant, something might be accidentally said to my kids and that would just be HORRIBLE if they didn’t hear it from us. So we want to tell them first before anyone else, to make sure that doesn’t happen. Which means I have to hide this pregnancy from all of my coworkers until we are ready to tell the kids. I just hope this third baby belly doesn’t decide to pop out early, I am normally a slim person and if I start having a bump, people are definitely going to notice! I’m stressed about it, lol. 
  • @laurenmicheley We got the Peloton this week, so I don’t think I’m that good of a judge at the moment. I pulled a muscle in my back the day we got it delivered so I got to use it for the first time yesterday. I’m aiming to use it again today but the nausea is not super motivating to work out. Lol 

I do love the ease of the bike and the screen. It comes with a TON of classes. I have a few friends that have one and they seriously love it and use it constantly, so that’s what motivated me to get it. Plus we have a smart tv so I can use the app on there to do yoga and strength if I feel like it. Which is a bonus. 
  • @aliciaftw I’ve only traveled 13 hours with littles. Each kid travels differently. Kids 1 and 3 were AMAZING. Some airlines have bassinets for babies...that’s been pretty amazing. 
  • Congratulations everyone! Should we do daily ticker change (see October board) or weekly Monday check-ins for each week of the birth month (see September board) threads?
  • @mimser I think at this early phase just a general check in would be good (since we're all provably the beginning of Nov) then as the group grows switch over to a daily or weekly

@aliciaftw I visited Glasgow and Edinburgh during college, it was amazing! 

@mrswashbuckle we're also Team Green! Were you with your first too?
  • @mimser Great question! I'm good with either way and would love to hear what everyone says. I'm going to start a Randoms thread and we can move this convo there before it gets lost among the intros? 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• Sure! I started a general check-in for now but we can choose what we would rather do moving forward.
  • Wish I could edit but I’m 26 and live in south Louisiana. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • I like monthly check ins based on part of month that you are due and then weekly randoms and check in for the whole group. 
  • @potofgolden my first two are 13 months and 11 days apart. It’s a lot of work, honestly the newborn / toddler stage was pretty easy. As they were both toddlers it became a little more of a challenge but they played so well together and they entertained each other for as long as toddlers can be entertained (granted, sometimes it was doing things they shouldn’t have been, like climbing on counters to get to the chocolate syrup on top the fridge! Lol). And now that they’re school aged, they’re best friends and it makes my heart so happy. They fight and bicker like siblings but they don’t let anyone else pick on the other one. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • @potofgolden south Texas here too! My DD was born 1/18/19 so close to same age difference. I am nervous but I think they will play great together in the long run