November 2020 Moms
Options

Introductions!

Re: Introductions!

• Options
    Hi govanalyst86! I was wondering if anyone else from the March 2019 group would end up over here. Congrats to you, too, and I'm excited to share another pregnancy journey with you!

antsangel1118 I'm a librarian by training too! I was an academic librarian for 4 years before deciding to stay home with DS when he was born last March. I definitely miss the job though!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 nice! What area do you live in? I have been with the library since 2008. We did move away for a few years, but when we moved back I went right back! I'd been just circulation staff/floater for wherever they needed me, but about a month and a half ago I was promoted to Reference! I don't have an MLS, so my technical title is Paraprofessional Reference Librarian, but I'm just gonna stick with librarian... lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    brittanie1110brittanie1110 member
    edited March 2020
    Hi Alicia! We have a lot in common! My EDD is November 6th as well, and I'm into gaming and art! I do not read that much though... I want to read more and it love reading! Just lazy lol
  • Options
    @sjomomma - glad to have you! It's all estimates anyway, right? :)
  • Options
    @sjomomma yesss!! I thought that was you! I just ran over to fb to see if I missed your post! Sure enough, I did! Congrats! Happy to be here with you!! :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bserena omg!!!! I am so so glad to see you over here!!! Congratulations!! 
  • Options
    @antsangel1118 yay!! I saw your post and was excited that you were going to have another November baby!! 
  • Options
    antsangel1118 I'm in Minneapolis and worked at two local university libraries. While I do value my MLIS, I have to say, there were so many fantastic librarians I worked with who didn't have the degree that in the end it always felt kind of secondary to the amazing passion and knowledge that those dedicated to the field had! I'll try not to too obviously live vicariously through you! ;)
  • Options
    @kitkatz1990 thank you!! So glad to see you over here too 😁🥳

@krystrist2014 yay yay!! So glad a couple of us are here from TTGP! Congratulations!!! 
  • Options
    @krystrist2014 yaayyy welcome to Nov!! 
  • Options
    @bserena and @kitkatz1990 thank you ladies!! So excited to be here with you! 
  • Options
    @auburnvelvet86 haha don't be too jealous at the moment. While I normally love my job, as of Friday the PA Governor mandated all schools, libraries, and museums to be shut down for 2 weeks. Today, added to that was all non essential stores, such as liquor stores and shopping malls, and dining rooms in restaurants. Basically everything is shut down except hospitals, grocery stores, and gas stations, and some restaurants as long as it is carryout/delivery service only. So I still get to go to work for now, but without having the public to serve, it is much more boring trying to find work to do! I'm not sure if we will continue to go in these for this full time we are closed to the public, but regardless it sounds like we will be paid because the president of the board voiced his desire that we are paid regardless of whether we are allowed to work or not. 
  • Options
    @glenncoco20 I’m in Iowa too! 😊
  • Options
    @knottie2e412539dbb162bd Wow! That's a lot at once! Best of luck with everything and don't hesitate to lean on family, friends, and this group.
  • Options
    @tmclaughlin87 I’m an ex McLaughlin! My XH is a McLaughlin and my first two babes are too. 
    ECat504
    SO
    SD (11/2010)
    DD1 (09/2014)
    DD2 (10/2015)
    Baby Girl #4 (11/2020)
  • Options
    kelk5kelk5 member
    @babywiik We were just in Norway a few weeks ago,i rbefore the lockdown. I have a friend who lives there currently and we were visiting her. Had a lot of fun. We were traveling with a 2 year old and 10 month old so we stayed around Oslo but got in some great hikes and some snow.