April 2020 Moms

The Baby Name Thread

1235»

Re: The Baby Name Thread

• Does anyone else have finalized names (or a short list) they want to share?

We’re set on Maisie Eloise!
  • Loading the player...
  • @literatureandink I’ve already shared mine, but it’s Lucy Stephanie with a very short last name. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • I’ll share here but DH and I aren’t sharing until babies are here.  😂

Norman John
    Ainsley Mae

• I think we're pretty settled on Elliana Carmen. We've told our parents and siblings, but we're keeping it a secret from everyone else. I think some church ladies want to monogram something so I gave them initials, but that's it. I don't care how bad everyone makes me feel before she's here; I'm not going to tell. :neutral:
  • I’m loving that many of us have the same middle name for girls. Lol. Our girl name is Elizabeth Mae. 🤣 
  • @ejoseph16 I had considered Mae as a middle name as my great-grandmother was Dorothy Mae, but we had our hearts set on Elliana as a first name with a nickname of Ellie - and I didn't want her getting called Ellie Mae (like from the Beverly Hillbillies)! lol. And once I heard that my DH's great-grandmother was named Carmen, I instantly fell in love with it as a middle name and haven't changed my mind since. :) I have noticed that my sister and I have daughters with the same first initials - her daughter is Everleigh Carey! 
  • @ejoseph16 I have a friend who recently used the middle name Mae as well. It’s a great middle name.

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @mercury94 @sbalding88 Mae is a family middle name, it’s my grandma’s middle name and mine. So that’s why we picked it. Lol. I plan to call our girl Ellie if it’s a girl (short for Elizabeth), and I didn’t know about Ellie Mae until one of my coworkers told me. 🤣😂 it didn’t change anything name wise for us, but it’s still hilarious! 
  • We have a short list for our boy, and it turns out hubby and I both have one we like best. It feels so strange to have a name in mind!
  • @ejoseph16 I don't blame you - I love the name Elizabeth Mae. My middle name is Elisabeth, and it was briefly a contender for a middle name. But since me and two of my cousins have that middle name already, I wanted to pick another family name and it meant a lot to DH that I picked his great-grandmother's first name as our daughter's middle name.
  • We are leaning towards Eli James for this LO, but haven’t decided 100% yet. This is the earliest we’ve come up with a name though! DD1 has her name picked out about an hour after birth and DD2 was about a day after 😂
  • skc040512 said:
    We are leaning towards Eli James for this LO, but haven’t decided 100% yet. This is the earliest we’ve come up with a name though! DD1 has her name picked out about an hour after birth and DD2 was about a day after 😂
    **lurking here**
    I love Eli James! It was one of our options for our Eli but we went with Eli William. 
  • My husband and I can't seem to agree on any names for this lil guy. Middle name will definitely be Robert, so at least that's settled. 

My favorite is Logan Robert and my husband just came up with Ezri Robert. Ezri is sort of growing on me.

This has been way harder than with DD...AvaJane Frances, which is after my grandmother Jane Frances. I guess my husband just let me name her so there wasn't too much debate. Maybe I should let him have this one, but some of his names are so out there.

Any opinions on Ezri? I did have Ezra on my list, which is close?! 
  • @kfs2016 Personally, I think I'm a little more partial to Ezri over Logan. I've never heard of it before, and I like that it means "help." 
  • I love that there are so many “Mae” middle names too!!  It was my grandma’s middle name and DH’s family also has a “Mae” and we wanted some family name for her.  We’ve loved the name Ainsley for years but it didn’t feel right with DD1. (Who was named Stella June, with June being the family name from both sides.)

Norman is DH’s grandfather’s name and John is my grandfather’s name. 
  • We so thought we were done with names so this has been tough 
    Looking for boy names that are a bit unique, possibly start with an A. But we have an Alex, Andy and Amy in the family already. 
    We liked Asher, but if this babe holds out til his eviction date, something about naming him Asher on 4/20 makes us feel like total stoners or something. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 Maybe Archer or Arlo? 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @smallbutmighty77 August or Augustus with nickname Auggie? 
    I also like Archer/Archie as @mercury94 suggested, but I when we were picking names I was worried about it becoming super popular after Prince Harry & Meghan's baby. 
  • @smallbutmighty77 I love the name Arthur but we can't use it because our best man's baby boy is Arthur. Arlo and Archie are great
  • @smallbutmighty77 I loved Atlas and Ajax for our first kid but MH nixed them immediately. I like super uncommon names since I had a top 3 name growing up and hated it.
  • @babybison our car is an Atlas so that got ruled out.
    Arthur and Archie just feel too formal. I like August but DH is all 'he isnt born in August, his name isn't August...' 
    Archer I might add to the list. 
    Man naming a kid is hard.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!