April 2020 Moms
Options

The Baby Name Thread

Re: The Baby Name Thread

• Options
    The 3 year old is so set on us naming the baby Emily that we might use it for the middle since we haven't come up with anything better.  We're trying to decide if it's crazy to let her pick.  
  • Options
    @KFrob if it's a name you like- Go for it. Our baby nickname is Peanut and I am pretty sure DD thinks that is the babies name-and when we ask about other names shes scrunches her face and yells 'Nooo- Peanut Brother' so she will not have a say.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think we have a name! 

Jack Alexander

DH was set on Jack and I at least wanted a family middle name. So Alexander is my Grandfather’s name and Dad’s middle name.

*TW Alexander was our son’s name that we lost, so a nice way of honoring him too* 
  • Options
    mercury94mercury94 member
    edited November 2019
    @smallbutmighty77 Peanut Brother is kind of an adorable nickname that she can use for him. Our nickname was Poppy, because she was the size of a poppyseed when we found out she existed. DH swears that he will use Poppy as a special nickname for her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    @KFrob I was so convinced my sister’s name was Elizabeth when my mom was pregnant with her that my parents gave that as her middle name, I was 3.5 at the time. It’s a special story and thing between us now. I say go for it!

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Options
    @sweetpea1359 I really like Alexander Myles! It has a nice ring. Mason Alexander does too so I’m sure it will be hard to pick!
  • Options
    @coaster102516 That is super sweet and cute!
  • Options
    @kfrob It's not like she picked the name Booger or anything! If you like it and you think it goes, go for it! :-)

@smallbutmighty77 I think Peanut Brother might be the cutest nickname I've ever heard. <3
  • Options
    Stupid app had me stuck on page 2 so I just got to see all these wonderful posts!

@KFrob if you like the name Emily I say go for it. My brother was adamant that my name was going to be “Hilda Carla” so my parents put it to a vote to appease him (he was 8). Mom has always told me my name wouldn’t have been that even if he won the vote. 

@smallbutmighty77 It must be so cute when she says “Peanut Brother”!! I hope you get it on video for when she’s older. 

@doraleigh35 Jack Alexander is a great name! And how special that you get to honor your other son. 

DH and I have started to talk names, but the only one that has really stood out to either of us so far is “Mae”. We’re kind of waiting until after we know what we are having before jumping into the name discussion. 1 week until anatomy scan!!

• Options
    We don't know gender yet (6 more days!) but I have had the most perfect girls name picked out (sort of a family heirloom name - both of our grandmother's names) since before I even thought/knew I could even get pregnant. and since hubs and I absolutely cannot agree on a boy name (I'm open to suggestions!) I have a feeling this baby will probably be a boy.
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth That definitely happened to SIL. They agreed on a boy name. Had no idea for a girl. Had a baby girl. So, I totally assumed this was a boy as I have wanted to name a girl after my grandma since she passed 8 years ago. I was shocked that this is a girl. Point is, could go either way. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    We’re team Green...and struggling on names! Our current kids names are Charles (Charlie) Richard, John David and Clara Margaret

boy:
    Caleb or Luke (middle name Robert for both)

girl:
    Sadie or Caroline (middle name Mae for both)
  • Options
    @masters1010 I really like your name choices, but I would go with Luke and Sadie to avoid another “C” name. I feel like if three of them have names that start with a C, then your son that doesn’t might feel left out. But, I have a personal idiosyncrasy in choosing names where I don’t want to repeat initials, so take that with a grain of salt. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    anyone else have only one boy's name picked out that they really love, but husband vetoed? I'm trying to get him to come around ;)
  • Options
    @masters1010 I once had a hedgehog named Sadie Mae so I am biased towards it, but I love that name! Luke Robert seems more in line with the other names of your kiddos, but Caleb is a great name too!
  • Options
    Right now I’m in love with Emerson for our little girl. Although Freya I saw also on our definite maybe list. 
  • Options
    @Sailing_Mama I love love love the name Emerson! It was at the top of my girl list, but we just found out baby is a boy. 
  • Options
    babybisonbabybison member
    edited November 2019
    Emerson is a great boy's name too. I didn't even know it was considered a girl's name. Reminds me of Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    @babybison We thought of it because of RWE! my husband liked the name Emery, but I proposed Emerson and Emery as a nickname. Since then, I’ve seen it on baby name lists, but originally I thought I was really clever for coming up with it!
  • Options
    We are having the hardest time finding a name for little boy.  Girls names are so easy for us but boys names are difficult. We both have ultimate veto power which makes it so tough finding the name but worth it in the end when we have a name we both like. 

So.... boy name suggestions?? We both like something common but not too common and goes well with the G last name. 
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I am having the same problem!!! Husband and I generally have similar taste but he loves the name Hugh and I absolutely hate it lol If you're looking for inspo... Boys names on our list right now are Aaron, Cade, Dean, Luke, and Zane.
  • Options
    @phinzlabyrinth thank you! I’m glad I’m not alone.   Right now the only name we agree on is Flynn but no middle name to go with that yet.   I like Kieran a lot but hubs vetoed that, he was wanting his dad’s name and I vetoed that (it is also my brother’s name and I want our kids to have their “own” name).   Your list is great!  I like to have a list of names and then narrow down as we get closer.  

We’re team purple (boy/girl twins) and right now our top name for little girl is Ainsley Mae (we’ve both loved the name Ainsley for years and Mae is my grandma’s middle name and his great grandma’s name so it covers both families).  Other girl name options:

Elyse (no middle name decided)
    Clara Grace
    Hazel

• Options
    @mandarenee898 Based on your style for boy names, here are a few you may also like: Ronan, Archer, Everett, Ryder, Declan. Seems like you have a decent list of girl names forming. 

@phinzlabyrinth What is the name you wanted that your H vetoed? On the list you posted above, I like Dean and Aaron best. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 H vetoed Cade, which I think is a super cool name! I'm holding out for Dean though, that's probably my top favorite. I think if I say it enough he'll come around haha
  • Options
    @mercury94 thank you! They are in our wheelhouse that’s for sure. I really liked Ronan.... hubs vetoed!  

@phinzlabyrinth I may need to take your approach of just saying it enough!  Knowing my DH he’d catch on and start doing the same back to me. 😂
  • Options
    Now that we know we're having a girl, pretty sure she's going to be Abigail. Now to find a middle name we can agree on...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I love the name Abigail. How many syllables is your last name? 
  • Options
    I think we’ve finally 100% agreed on Maisie Eloise. He resisted for awhile but has come around. 
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 Maybe a nice one syllable middle then? Grace, Eve, something classic would be beautiful with Abigail

@literatureandink I love Maisie so much I put it on our list for middles. DH vetoed, but I'm glad you're using it!
  • Options
    My husband's name is William Allan 
  • Options
    mercury94mercury94 member
    edited December 2019
    @literatureandink I’m glad you were able to wear him down. That’s a cute name. 

ETA: @Kathryn0903 I love Abigail and I second a classic one syllable middle name. I like Abigail June a lot for some reason. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • Options
    @mercury94 Love Abigail June! June is such a sweet and classic name, plus I knew a very warm and empowered woman named June growing up
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 I love the name Abigail!  I agree with the others that a 1 syllable middle name goes well with it.  My niece is Abigail Joy and they have a 3 syllable last name but it just seems to roll off the tongue.

We’re settled on Ainsley Mae for little girl.  Little boy we’re all over the place! Flynn, Nolan, Joshua, Walter are currently on the list but we’re adding / vetoing all the time 
  • Options
    @mandarenee898 I love the names Ainsley and Norman! And I'm with you on the name thing - I don't think I want to tell people her name until she's born. We'll see if my husband can keep it to himself; he's a bit of a blabber mouth. lol. If not, it's not the end of the world, but people like to make comments about those kinds of things. :P 
  • Options
    @sbalding88 Those are both great names. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017