April 2020 Moms

The Baby Name Thread

Re: The Baby Name Thread

• krthousekrthouse member
    edited December 2019
    @sbalding88 I love the name Rosalynn and my MIL and I had a huge chat about loving the name Ellie. It was a strong contender and versions of it still pop up on our middles pondering
    mandarenee898
  • edited December 2019
     @sbalding88 cracking up because it was my husband's idea to keep the name quiet until baby is born... then he came home from work the other day excited to tell me that his coworkers really liked the name we picked :|:D
    krthousemercury94sbalding88
  • Loading the player...
  • @phinzlabyrinth LOL. My husband and I had a talk last night about how to answer people who ask him about our daughter's name because he feels like he has to tell people if they ask. Now that people know we're having a girl, I've definitely gotten that question multiple times, and I just tell them I'm not sharing it. One or two people have made it awkward, but I am not letting it deter me from keeping it a secret at least until I'm certain which one I love more, which may not be until she's born. lol. I think we'll come up with a good nickname for her and that may help my husband out a little in holding in the secret. :D 

@korthouse My niece Everleigh will be around 8 months old when her little cousin is born, and I think it sounds sweet to have Evie and Ellie. I love the name so much. It's hard trying to name another human being though. If I didn't have my heart set on a middle name being a family name, I'd probably go for Eliana Rose or something. We'll see. 
    krthousephinzlabyrinth
  • @sbalding88 It IS hard! I love so many names and also love the idea of middle names being family names, but have struggled to find ones that pair well. I love the name Alice, for my Mum Alyson, but it just doesn't roll off the tongue with the first names we like. Tricky!
    sbalding88
  • @babybison LOVE your fake name method. I'm totally stealing it  :D 
    krthousebabybison
  • jenabaryjenabary member
    edited December 2019
    @babybison We’ve also been telling people ridiculous names when asked like Tyrannosaurus Patrick. It’s fun, and it changes the subject!
    liligirl87krthousebabybisonphinzlabyrinth
  • @babybison I'm going to have to steal the fake name idea too! Because the name asking has increased a lot since posting on here last. :P My brother-in-law keeps calling her Gertrude for some reason, so maybe I'll start saying that's our name for the baby. lol. Keep 'em guessing. 
    phinzlabyrinth
  • We've mentioned our lists to people, but are in love enough with our options to say too bad if people don't like them, but maybe we're just rebels

@jenabary In full seriousness Tyrannosaurus Patrick would be a great name for a hamster or cat
    jenabarynicoleyolee
  • I have told people the name, but it is set in stone, so I don’t care at all what they say. The worst comment I’ve gotten is “It’s not short for Lucille? Really?” Maybe I’d feel differently if I got a lot of jerky comments, though. I find that people are less likely to comment when I phrase it “Her name is Lucy” than they were when I told them boy names I was considering, but hadn’t really chosen one. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
    babybisonkrthousephinzlabyrinth
  • Our nearly 4 year old was super easy, once we found out we were having a girl. I'd had the name Gloria Antoinette picked out for a girl since I was 14 (when my mom miscarried for the last time and, if that 14 weaker had been a girl, she would have had that name, after both of my grandmothers), and my husband liked it, so it was a set-in-stone, no-brainer. We're having a boy, this time, and are 99.8% sure we're going with Finlay. I have also had Rory and Callan on my list (a bit Scottish, over here), but the middle will definitely be Robert Campbell, after my husband's grandfather and his Scottish clan (mother's side)
    krthousedoula-mamaMssyMmmy
  • We have a bit of an Irish vibe going on with the names we like.  Our kids' last name is hypenated, and four syllables, with the second and fourth syllable being the long e sound. Does that make sense? 

DS has a middle name ending in the long e sound, and I love the way it flows so I'm thinking something similar. 

We've actually agreed in the first name Teagan so that's a win.
    I'm liking Teagan Leigh or Teagan Aerie.
    mercury94krthousephinzlabyrinth
  • We're still struggling with a middle name. DH likes Abigail Jennifer. I'm not opposed, but I also like Abigail Claire and Abigail Ruth.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 They all sound nice! Abigail Claire is my fav. I think it has a nice ring to it.
  • @babybison I like Teagan Leigh best personally. 

@Kathryn0903 I like all of those, but would probably choose Abigail Ruth unless the others had a specific meaning to me. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    babybison
  • @babybison Teagan is such a pretty name! I thinking Teagan Leigh is really pretty. 

@Kathryn0903 I really like either Abigail Claire or Abigail Ruth.  Abigail Jennifer is really pretty but it is a mouthful and too many syllables for my personal taste (we have a long last name so that may be why). 

My first pregnancy we didn’t really decide on a name until the 8th or 9th month. I don’t know how we did it. It is so nice to have these two have their names. We’ve been calling them by them a lot at home this weekend but need to stop as we’ll be around family at my grandma’s funeral on Thursday and don’t want to let it slip! If so, I hope DH does it and not me!!!!
    mercury94babybison
  • @mandarenee898 we weren’t telling anyone our boy’s name and have been referring to him by his name at home, but my husband let it slip on Christmas at my parent’s house. 🤦🏼‍♀️ So we had to tell his parents to be fair. 
    babybison
  • @babyrummom  oh no! That is so nice of you to be fair. Hopefully they will keep it to themselves and let it still continue to be “your” news to share. I’d rather it slip to my mom cause if slipped to my MIL she’d be so excited she’d tell people one at a time and tell them not to tell anyone and soon the whole family knows... 😆 We’re trying to go back to the habit of calling them “little boy” and “little girl” but it’ll be hard to not let it slip the rest of the pregnancy. 
    babyrummommercury94babybison
  • We have a daughter, Hayden Marie, and a son, Micah James. We’re team green, but this baby will either be Gavin Thomas or Sadie Elizabeth.
    krthousemandarenee898babybisondanibean19
  • @overtherainbow37 We named our son Finlay and love it!
    babybisonkrthouse
  • We are looking at Finnegan Conrad or Conrad Finnegan, calling him Finn or Cord
    phinzlabyrinthmandarenee898
  • My husband and I are still deciding... Torn between: Magnolia Mae. Amelia Mae. Marci Mae.

*help*
  • @aohoy personally I like Magnolia Mae the best. I'm a big fan of alliteration names and I think Magnolia is sooo sweet!
  • @aohoy I love both Magnolia and Amelia!
  • @aohoy I love Magnolia Mae. Would you end up calling her Maggie?  Our little girl’s middle name is also going to be Mae!
  • Okay we went back to the drawing board on middle names for if we choose Beatrice. Our top contenders are Eve and Flora (my great grandmother's name). I like the flow of Beatrice Eve, but the significance of Beatrice Flora. The decisions continue. Bean could of course be a boy, in which case it won't matter!
  • @korthouse I’m a big fan of using the name that means something to you. So, I would use Flora unless your last name is really long and you’re trying to limit syllables. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    krthousephinzlabyrinth
  • @korthouse I love that Beatrice Flora Is meaningful and I also personally like the flow better.
    krthousephinzlabyrinth
  • @mercury94 We have a good ol' single syllable last name!
    mercury94
  • so...anyone else still completely at a loss as to what to name LO? I literally don’t even have a list together yet and apparently DH and I have drastically different tastes in names for boys. We’re pretty set on Daniel or James as a middle name (family names), but other than that we’re totally slacking 
  • @skc040512 I’ve had several friends who decided on a name at the hospital, so you definitely aren’t alone. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
  • @skc040512 I'm at a loss for middle name. Havea first name, but DH really wants a J for a midfle name, so she could potentially be AJ if she wants.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No clue here- I think we might have decided on a middle initial so, there's that? Otherwise I have a small list but nothing we are loving. For both kids so far we went to the hospital with Middle name decided, but a top three for first name and chose after we met them. For our son Spencer, we literally added that name to the list, the week he was due!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
    skc040512
  • @Kathryn0903 June, or maybe Joy? 
  • Kathryn0903Kathryn0903 member
    edited January 2020
    @korthouse those aren't bad. Not sure about Joy because in Hebrew, Abigail already means father's joy. DH really likes Jennifer and I may just go with it since I picked the first name. With DS, I picked the first and he picked the middle.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    krthouse
  • @Kathryn0903 Ah, yes "joy joy" would be quite the name meaning! J names are tricky for girls I think because so many of them sound like such a standalone name. 
  • @Kathryn0903 We considered a bunch of J middle names because my grandma’s middle name was a J name. My favorite was Jacqueline, but we also like Jean, June, and Josephine. 

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    krthouse