July 2020 Moms
Options

Introduce yourself here!

Re: Introduce yourself here!

• Options
    Welcome @mztoyanna.  How scary to be on bed rest this early and with all your other children depending on you.  Do you have a lot of support at home?  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    laurad75laurad75 member
    edited December 2019
    Welcome @hjungk84.  I'm also carrying unexpected twins  - I'm excited for another multiples mom joining the board!
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    Thank you @laurad75
  • Options
    @bonniebabe Welcome! I feel like so far I might be the only other PNW girl here (Portland). Glad you joined!
  • Options
    @bonniebabe @Pascal86 I consider myself PNW, but probably am technically “inland northwest”, I’m close to Spokane! A wonderful place this corner is!
  • Options
    Welcome @Bonniebabe Australia is on my bucket list.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I’d definitely call the Spokane area as PNW! Yay, didn’t realize there were more of us!
  • Options
    @tere617 did you guys do PGS testing on your embryos? If so, I’m not sure any additional testing is needed because those genetic bloodwork panels are looking for things like trisomies, which your genetic screening already did. 
    Additionally, your NIPT shouldn’t show any surprises if you ran a PGS since it’s looking for the same things. 
  • Options
    Yes, we did and all looked good. We were told that there can still be a risk given only a sample of cells were tested and to proceed with recommended screenings. But I guess there’s still a false negative risk with NIPT, too. Thanks so much for your response - I’m thinking that if all tests come back good, I should feel pretty confident without doing CVS. 
  • Options
    welcome to the newbies!
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome @Pascal86 @nursejenn5 and @bluguitarhannah! Welcome to @borgie05 and @tere617. Good luck with your upcoming test results and scans. 
  • Options
    EDD (Estimated Due Date): July 22

- How you found out: was sick with some bug over Thanksgiving and once I was improving from that noticed some nausea and heightened sense of smell so I made my hubby pick up a pee stick on his way home from work! Completely surprised us!

- Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: hubby and 2 wonderful kiddos. 

- Anything you’d like us to know: kiddo#1 was an emergency cs.  Kiddo#2 was a VBAC with Midwife and Doula!! So planning for #3 to be another successful VBAC! Any other TOLAC/VBAC mama's here?!
  • Options
    @amj161820 I am hoping to be! There are a few others who have said they want to try for a VBAC this go round. I think we will start our own thread in a bit!
  • Options
    So glad to be here and be on this journey with all of you! 💛 

Hi all.... I'm Vee!

-EDD: July 16th 
    -How we found out: Missed lady time
    -I'm a sahm to 3 kiddos (7💗,4 💙 & 1.5💗)
    -Married to my best friend, it'll be 11 years on January 6th.
    -I'm into a lil bit of everything.. binge watching movies, shows, all types of music, hiking, spending time with my family going on new adventures and chocolate.
    I don't drink, smoke or have any tattoos!
    I hate laundry, dishes and organizing toys.. lol

Do I have any due date buddies??? 
  • Options
    Hi dolls!

I'm Liz, nice to meet you all <3 

Due July 7th, my husband's mom's birthday! 

I found out Oct 27th after taking pregnancy test after pregnancy test. I suspected it on October 17th because I felt different. I could smell so acutely, the sight of a breakfast sandwich made me want to gag, and just felt off. 

I work at a senior's care facility in admin. I love the industry; started working with seniors over three years ago and adore it to this day. I don't have a ton of hobbies to speak of right now, I'm just super majorly boring. 

Married my husband after 5 years together this past April and it's been a whirlwind ever since! We hiked across England for our honeymoon (at the time I so wished we'd picked a warm beach instead) came back, cleaned up our condo and put it on the market, then found out we were expecting in October! We have two kitties, one is a grumpy old lady and the other is a mischievous 'teen' and we're excited to see how they are with our little bubs.

I was diagnosed with a large subchorionic hematoma at 7 weeks after a couple of bleeds, which shrank to moderate within a week, and there was no sign of it at our last ultrasound at 12w4d. Phew! However, at that ultrasound we found out that I have a single artery cord and am at a higher risk for preeclampsia. That was a lot to take in at one day! Still hopeful but honestly, feeling pretty sad some days that it feels like my pregnancy so far has felt like an obstacle course, just trying to avoid one disaster at a time. I'm just hoping everything turns out ok. Hoping you're all having wonderful pregnancies!
  • Options
    Hi dolls!

I'm Liz, nice to meet you all <3 

Due July 7th, my husband's mom's birthday! 

I found out Oct 27th after taking pregnancy test after pregnancy test. I suspected it on October 17th because I felt different. I could smell so acutely, the sight of a breakfast sandwich made me want to gag, and just felt off. 

I work at a senior's care facility in admin. I love the industry; started working with seniors over three years ago and adore it to this day. I don't have a ton of hobbies to speak of right now, I'm just super majorly boring. 

Married my husband after 5 years together this past April and it's been a whirlwind ever since! We hiked across England for our honeymoon (at the time I so wished we'd picked a warm beach instead) came back, cleaned up our condo and put it on the market, then found out we were expecting in October! We have two kitties, one is a grumpy old lady and the other is a mischievous 'teen' and we're excited to see how they are with our little bubs.

I was diagnosed with a large subchorionic hematoma at 7 weeks after a couple of bleeds, which shrank to moderate within a week, and there was no sign of it at our last ultrasound at 12w4d. Phew! However, at that ultrasound we found out that I have a single artery cord and am at a higher risk for preeclampsia. That was a lot to take in at one day! Still hopeful but honestly, feeling pretty sad some days that it feels like my pregnancy so far has felt like an obstacle course, just trying to avoid one disaster at a time. I'm just hoping everything turns out ok. Hoping you're all having wonderful pregnancies!
    welcome and congrats! Please take a second to check out this thread: ***IF YOUR NAME STARTS WITH "KNOTTIE"*** The knottie names are super tough to recognize from the drive by posters and impossible to tag. :)

My bestie also dealt with SUA during her first pregnancy. It meant some extra scans for her but her DS was perfectly safe and healthy. Hopefully you have the same experience!
  • Options
    @lizzybean84 welcome! Glad to hear the hematoma is decreasing. I’ve had some suspicious bleeding that they suspect was from one as well. I know it can be hard! I’ve also seen many many babies with a “2 vessel cord” blaf is right extra scans! But a lot of the time things work out just as well as with two arteries! FX for the same for you! 
  • Options
    Thank you girls, that's so reassuring! <3
  • Options
    Hi!!! @Mamaof2beautifulgirls! I'm so happy to see you here! You were always so supportive in TTCAL and I hope you're doing well!
  • Options
    @kittenslove welcome! Just wanted to send a virtual stranger hug for your past few months. What a lot to process in a short amount of time. Hope the excitement of a baby provides some added sweetness to your 2020. 
  • Options
    @anjmomof4

Welcome!

I have a question and send you a private message!
  • Options
    @LaurenAsh23 I think I remember you from long ago - were you on TTCAL and/or PGAL previously (2013ish)? I had a different username at the time, but your name rings a bell. Either way, welcome!
    2/13 Blighted ovum, D&C -- 6/13 MC -- 8/14 DD born -- 3/17 MC -- 9/18 DD2 born
    Expecting again -- EDD 7/27/20
  • Options
    @LaurenAsh23 I think I remember you from long ago - were you on TTCAL and/or PGAL previously (2013ish)? I had a different username at the time, but your name rings a bell. Either way, welcome!
    Yes I was! :D what was your old username? I lived on ttc/ttcal/pgal for a year or two haha. 
  • Options
    @LaurenAsh23 Congratulations! How was your cerclage procedure?
  • Options
    @LaurenAsh23 I'm also due 7/2...we are due date buddies, yay!!! Glad you joined us :smile:
  • Options
    @lizzybean84 the cercalge procedure itself was fine. I was in a lot of pain when I woke up though and they gave me pain meds (which I told them prior to surgery always make me sick), so I was throwing up/not eating for nearly 2 days. Once I came out of that, the spotting/pain only lasted a few more days. 
  • Options
    @LaurenAsh23 I'm sorry it was a rough post-procedure time! I hope all is well now :smiley: