July 2020 Moms

*Symptoms Thread*

Re: *Symptoms Thread*

• @bambiedee same - I'm ready for bed plenty early but have been struggling to sleep through the night, which has never been an issue for me before!

My main thing otherwise is I'm peeing a ton and not, ahem, doing much of the other stuff. Yesterday I started to feel crappy if I waited too long between eating and it happened again today so that seems like it's here to stay, cool.
  • Good morning ladies! I am pregnant with my first baby and I am seeking some advice about symptoms coming and going. I had moderate nausea the last couple weeks (I’m six weeks as of Saturday the 9th) but have noticed my symptoms have shifted. My nausea has lessened and I only have slight mild bouts throughout the day. My breasts have become more tender, though. I guess with this being my first pregnancy, I’m just wondering if it’s normal for symptoms to change or come and go? I still definitely have some symptoms of pregnancy and don’t want to work myself up for nothing. I also know it’s still pretty early. Thanks in advance for your help :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @mehugg STTN is always an issue for me. I started taking Unisom (doxylamine, not diphenhydramine) to head off the nausea and it's helped tremendously with STTN. Try it if you haven't!
  • Good morning ladies! I am pregnant with my first baby and I am seeking some advice about symptoms coming and going. I had moderate nausea the last couple weeks (I’m six weeks as of Saturday the 9th) but have noticed my symptoms have shifted. My nausea has lessened and I only have slight mild bouts throughout the day. My breasts have become more tender, though. I guess with this being my first pregnancy, I’m just wondering if it’s normal for symptoms to change or come and go? I still definitely have some symptoms of pregnancy and don’t want to work myself up for nothing. I also know it’s still pretty early. Thanks in advance for your help :) 
    Hi and welcome!
    Please take a moment to head over to this thread and introduce yourself:  Introduce yourself here! (I don't think you introduced yourself but I'm not 100% sure because of the knottie username)

Also, this thread *READ FIRST* Board Organization will help you with changing your name to something more recognizable so that we can get to know you.

Re: your question...it's normal for symptoms to come and go but if you're truly concerned, I'd recommend reaching out to your physician since they're the medical professional most closely involved with your care. 
  • @coffeeandcookies84 whomp whomp... I'm sorry! Bagels and cream cheese does sound delicious though. I might have that for lunch lol
  • @blaf322 I know right? At least this time I won’t get the side eye for eating all the cheesy comfort foods and soups. With DS I was in 1st tri during July/August. Got a little awkward eating baked pastas at my desk 😀
  • @coffeeandcookies84 What are you talking about?!  No time is a bad time for eating baked pastas :D 
  • ~*~ dreaming of an after-work snack and nap ~*~

(Though it's very dreary in Boston today so I'm sure that isn't helping)
  • @b_1029 yes.... it's definitely work that's the problem. They should probably just start paying you to chill at home from now on. Seems legit  :D
  • @b_1029 work is DEFINITELY the culprit.

My friend just sent me a link to an appetizer she plans to make for Thanksgiving, and just looking at a photo of it (cranberry and brie pull apart bread... something I would normally find appealing) made me gag, soooo that's fun. I didn't have any of this with DD, and I'm going to be very upset if I can't enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas foods!
  • @mehugg . Im in Boston too!  Its so crappy out today.  Its definitely not helping the tired! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @stlbuckeye132 same! The food aversions are starting. I was was watching one of those tasty recipe videos and I started to gag at the food. Last night I made pasta, and added Romano cheese to it. The minute I get the bowl to my face it smelled awful, and I had to give it to my husband to eat and make a new plate. 🤢
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still no real symptoms so I asked for a blood test. They won’t do the repeat so it’s pretty useless info. We shall see.
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • I’m ready to go back to bed now... So exhausted and all I want to eat are McDonald’s hash browns
  • @coffeeandcookies84 I could go for some hash browns! All I've been wanting lately is anything salty and crunchy. 
  • Cheese Whisps from Costco are my new BFF. Good protein and low carb.  Salty and crunchy.
  • I could also go for a cucumber sandwich 🤷‍♀️ 
  • I want a tuna melt really bad. 
  • @rachelredhead I'm already starting with the meat aversions. I can't even think of a tuna melt right now

• Hi ladies,
    Looking for a bit of reassurance here. 
    I have my first scan on Tuesday but the wait is killing me. I keep thinking I should have more symptoms or that something is wrong. 
    We've been trying for so long and after an early Mc in the summer I'm super paranoid. 
    To start with I had really sore boobs and lots of gas/burping that almost went to nausea. But now all I really have is gas, which is worst at night (I can't lay on my back without pain). I don't "feel pregnant" and to make matters worse my resting heart rate on my Fitbit is starting to drop. Pre pregnancy I would be around 56 before ovulation and then up over 60 in the luteal phase and a drop just before af arrived. I went up to 68 initially but have been dropping down to 65 today. I am just worried it's a loss and my body is taking its time processing it. 
    I also feel really sad/angry today which is another PMS sign for me.  😕
  • @Skk1977 glad to hear you’re getting a bit of reassurance 😂
  • Anyone else experiencing CM that alternates between watery and creamy all in the same day?
  • @bambiedee I completely lost my symptoms for almost a week and then they came back. I’ve had two kids and some losses and it was hard for me to feel reassured with all that experience. The symptoms can come back out of nowhere. Best wishes for you and I hope you have a great U/S.
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • @mimser yes and it makes me paranoid 😂
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16

• @coffeeandcookies84 I’m not at cheerleader status yet but I did feel pretty good about repeatedly retching by the yogurt in front of several people this am. How are you doing?
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
  • @Skk1977 I’m feeling okay overall, although I spend most of my day feeling hungover. Once I eat something fast food like, I feel better for a bit. Ah well, I’ll make it up to baby in 2nd tri!
  • @coffeeandcookies84 cucumber sandwiches were my jam during my last pregnancy. DS loves cucumbers now.

@mimser my cervical fluid has been watery and creamy. It was like that with my last pregnancy. This is pretty common.

My she-wolf sense of smell has started. I can smell anything and everything from a mile away. Also, has anyone else had water start to taste weird? I didn't have this with DS, and I want to be able to stay hydrated.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My boobs are so incredibly sore. They also do not fit into my newest bras. Today I wore a heavy sweatshirt to avoid putting on a bra. I will be bra shopping this weekend. Even when nursing they were never this huge. 😳
  • I bit into an apple today and hated my life. It may have been a touch mealy but I'm certain my pre-pregnancy self would not hate reacted so dramatically 🤢
  • Just started getting a migraine aura. I used to get them all the time in like 4th grade and the doctors assumed they were hormone related so I guess that’s what’s going on? I get them sporadically, maybe once a year. Blah. 
  • Hot flashes! I’m very early( I think approximately 3w5d) so I’m surprised that I’m actually feeling a bit queasy too. 
  • @b_1029 ugggggh, migraines are the worst! Hope it passes quickly and you’ve got a a quiet, dark spot to relax. 
  • @rachelredhead thank you! I’m just glad it’s night time and I can just go to bed since I know I can’t take exedrin 
  • @b_1029 ugh I hope you’re feeling better this morning! I normally get a migraine once a month. It wasn’t until I started charting that I realized it was due to hormones/shifts in hormones on like CD3 (was pretty consistent). I tried cleaning up my diet more and that helped. Yay charting!
  • @coffeeandcookies84 I vividly remember eating a bagel for every single meal a couple of days with my last pregnancy. The carb craving is REAL in the first trimester! 
  • So freaking cold. Last night, I wore 2 pairs of pants, a long sleeved shirt, a sweatshirt, had a fleece blanket on, sat in front of the fireplace and still wished I could crawl into the dryer lol 

Tons of nausea. For the past 4 or 5 days, it’s been in the afternoons/evenings, which is the opposite of my last pregnancy. Today it started strong the second I woke up though. I have to travel for work today so I’m sitting at the airport clutching a sleeve of saltines and a bottle of ginger ale. Pray for me lol 

Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10.13.18
    baby #2 due: 7.14.20