July 2020 Moms
Options

*Symptoms Thread*

1171819202123»

Re: *Symptoms Thread*

• Options
    nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited March 2020
    I am having the worst RLP, or at least that’s what I’m assuming it is. Sharp pain on my Left side/hip area- worse with movements and certain positions(occasionally walking hunched over lol). Better/completely gone with other positions. I’ve just never had it hurt this bad. At times can almost feel like a really bad gas pain.. Took Tylenol yesterday but woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep until I found a spot to relieve the pain. My hoorah for making it to the halfway point 😂😅
  • Options
    This dry skin is getting SO bad. My face constantly feels irritated and today I even have red blotches. I can’t seem to figure out a cream or ointment that doesn’t irritate my skin. I think I’ll be putting Benadryl or cortisone cream on it today, it’s finally reached that point. Really hoping spring will bring some relief from the dryness!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kristinl492 I have this same problem too. I literally have to use moisturizer 2-3x a day for it to help. I have been using cerave regular moisturizer but my sister just got me the nighttime Cerave facial moisturizer stuff to try as well. She swore by it. 
  • Options
    @kristinl492 @nursejenn5 same here. Especially around my eyes but then also random other patches on my face. I think the change in weather isn’t helping either. I’ve used cetaphil lotion since forever but may need to upgrade to the cream.
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 I did just pick up some of the daytime Cerave with SPF but I haven’t started using it yet. I currently am laying in bed with my face spot treated with Benadryl in the super itchy, irritated spots and then a layer of thick Vaseline type ointment overtop 
  • Options
    I've had some funny vibration feeling in my vagina and booty area.  I think maybe kiddo is breech and just kicking me routinely in the cervix, which is a really neat trick. Not painful, just feels weird. I've also felt some kick/punches around my bellow button so I spend a stupid amount of time trying to picture how exactly this kid is positioned. I picture him doing some Rocky speedbag punches at my belly button while dancing on my cervix. Whatever makes you happy, kid!

I feel like I've had increased discharge recently, too.  I may just be super aware because when I went to the hospital Sunday about spotting they asked me about leakage, anything seeming like water breaking, etc. It hasn't been anything like that, but every time I feel something (often), I feel like I need to run to the bathroom to double check. It's like a return to first tri checks for spotting. Freaking anxiety just never ends!
  • Options
    @rachelredhead I bet baby is head down and getting your cervix with fists instead (hopefully that's the case, anyway)! With my last check, this LO was breech and those kicks are far from a small vibration :D The ones I feel up higher are more vibration-like.  Re: position, I always poke to see if I can tell which side he's on. Do you feel like baby is laying more on one side sometimes too?! It's so fun :smile:

Re: discharge... omg... same. I'm worried about bleeding (b/c of the vasa previa) and it freaks me out every time!
  • Options
    @kristinl492 and @nursejenn5 I have super super dry skin and the only thing that helps is bare minerals butter drench. It is the best moisturizer. I also use Lush banana serum (it’s a solid bar) at night. 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead that’s a pretty good description for something I experienced for a week.  

My complaint is spring allergies on the drugs they are letting me take plus my asthma are out of control.  And of course with Covid if you sneeze or sniffle people look at you like you have it.
  • Options
    @bluguitarhannah ugh... I'm sorry! Allergies without meds sounds awful! 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead @blaf322 i swear the other night this kid was hopped up on mini eggs and trying to kick or punch its way out of my cervix too. Was not an enjoyable feeling.
  • Options
    Cervix punches are the weirdest! And those boots you get when your bladder is full aren't the most fun experience in the world, either. I felt two simultaneous jabs on both (far) sides of my belly last night and had a visual of him doing some martial arts splits-kick or something. 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead my movements(Thuds as I describe them to H haha) are like a little above my pubic bone. So also pretty low. Babe was head down at my AS so lots of punches I’m assuming, haven’t really felt anything towards the top of my uterus yet. 
  • Options
    @lizzybean84 omg same. I can feel him kicking and bouncing off multiple walls at the same time. Like he's kicking off the top of my belly to punch me in what feels like my butthole lol
  • Options
    @meanjellybean Right? It's so weird! I can only imagine what they're actually doing in there when we feel stuff like that. Can you feel the rolls yet? Those are soooo strange. Like a huge fart bubble is migrating through your intestines but so much more girthy. I'm starting to feel hiccups now, which are also bizarre. They feel different to the regular roly polies. Who knew, every movement is a whole new experience. We'll never be bored while pregnant, that's for sure.
  • Options
    The symptom I’m hating this week while in the middle of this Coronavirus pandemic is shortness of breath. My mind likes to play a game of...do I have the virus, or is baby just crowding my lungs? My belly feels huge and up high today and it’s making me winded which is of course freaking me out 😭 I feel fine otherwise but seeing all the scary things on the news has my anxiety so high.
  • Options
    @Fullhandsfullheart YES! I hear you SO MUCH on this one! Mine has been so bad the past two weeks and there have been so many times I'm just like, "Yep, got the coroney. This is it." Then it sorts itself out. I'm finding the stress with all of this stuff definitely makes it worse too, so when you find it acting up, do something that usually helps you relax and see if that helps.

• Options
    I’m nearly 24 weeks and this evening I’ve felt the most intense pressure and pain in my lower abdomen. Sitting makes it go away, but as soon as I stand and walk it’s almost unbearable. Honestly feels like baby might fall out of my vagina. I have to walk like a 90 year old woman around my house to get anywhere. And it literally just started out of nowhere tonight. Normal??? Not normal? It’s my first pregnancy to go this far, so I’m trying not to panic. 
  • Options
    @amygray725 this sounds similar to round ligament pain that I’ve felt on and off.(especially because it gets better when kind of tucked up) And yes for me at times it seems unbearable.  Definitely bring it up to your doc though! 
  • Options
    @amygray725 very likely normal.... especially because you have no other symptoms. But I'd mention it at your next appt. :smile:

• Options
    @amygray725 I have pressure and pain in my lower abdomen at night, when I'm sleeping and I switch positions - or twist a certain way. I chatted with my Dr. about it yesterday and she said it is most likely round ligament pain (like everyone else has brought up!). She mentioned to me that most likely a support band would help, but wouldn't recommend it for me since mine is mostly at night. That might be an option for you if your Dr. OKs it?  In my case, she recommended me to try and support my belly by holding it as I re-position. I tried it last night and this morning as I was getting out of bed and it wasn't as painful!  
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your comments. The pain went away, but I’ll mention it to my dr when I see them again at the end of April. Now, every other night I’ll stand up and feel like baby girl is about to fall out of my vagina, but then she’ll shift and everything will be fine again. First pregnancies are the best...