June 2020 Moms

Introductions! *Introduce yourself here first!*

Re: Introductions! *Introduce yourself here first!*

• - EDD (Estimated Due Date) 6/22/20
    - How you found out: I had been waiting to POAS since we has our IUI and the day before my missed period did and it was positive at 5am right before I went to wor . 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc.:  I'm a Certified Nurse Midwife which makes being pregnant a little different because my whole job is knowing about pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: Husband of 8yrs, one DS who turned 4 in August, 5 goats, and 3 dogs (all outdoors)

• @horsesmeetbaby aww there are sooo cute and tiny. ❤️❤️ Sorry the tortoise shell one passed 😢 FX for both of them. Hope their checkups today went well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there! I'm so happy to be joining this BMB with all of you. If everything goes as planned, this will be my second baby. I have a 3 year old son and was a member on the Sept 2016  BMB. I loved it though I mostly was a lurker. I'm trying to come out of the shadows this time around.

EDD - My estimated due date is June 23rd.

How you found out - My husband and I have been trying for a few months but our timing has been bad so I wasn't expecting anything. I decided to take a test early because why not. Didn't see anything the first minute and figured I test again in a few days. I left the bathroom for a few minutes then came back in to brush my teeth and there were two very visible lines. No squinting at all. I was very surprised.

Hobbies, Job, Etc - I work in marketing at a big corporation. It pays the bills but I have no work life balance so that's kind of a bummer. My hobbies are photography, being lazy/watching Netflix and hanging out with my husband and son. I was a competitive horseback rider but horses have taken a backseat since I took this job.

Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies - My husband and I have been married for a little over 5 years. He's a cop in a big city. His job scares me, but he loves it. We have a 3 year old son and a 9 year old rescue dog. 

I can't wait to get to know you all better! Congratulations everyone!

• zande2016 said:
    @MaximumEffort yeah with two we have “man to man coverage” but 3 just feels really overwhelming right now. 
    That's where a lot of my worry comes from. Like, when the 3 year old is losing his shit, he needs to be fireman carried out of somewhere, but what if he's melting down, and I have an infant in carrier, and my (then) almost 2 year old is trying to walk away???

Time for kid leashes. Lol, not kidding.

Also, we have a boy and a girl already. For the first time, I literally have zero gender preference. None at all.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • *lurking*  @mindyb2019 yayyyyyyyyyyy 

Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 awww thanks girl ❤️❤️❤️❤️Yay!! Miss you my friend. Ps. I love spongebob lol. 
  • @mindyb2019 I know you love Spongebob boo... lol.. I miss you already 😭 but couldn't be happier for you ❤❤❤
    Me: 33  DH: 36
    Dating 4/2008
    Married 6/2016
    TTC #1  9/2019
    BFP 12/13/2019!
    EDD 8/27/2020 Baby Girl  <3
  • @ziggymama06 of course you do lol ❤️ I miss you already too 😭😭 thanks hun. July is your month ❤️❤️ It’s coming boo. 
  • - EDD (Estimated Due Date) 6/26/2020
    - How you found out.  I just felt off! 
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. Makeup, Reading, Video Games and Sewing!
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies. Married since August 2nd 2019, I have a son that is 2 in November and my husband has a daughter that is 1 in November as well. No furbabies yet but we want a dog so badly! 

• @lilaros What type of riding? I evented as a kid but have since moved to dressage mostly.  I just retired my difficult guy since we were trying and he had a home to go to.  Now I just have a little paint. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • @lilaros
    I'm a September 2016 mama, too :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hello everyone! 
    Due date is 6/19/2020 based on LMP.

I was a day or two late starting my period, and I was in denial. My husband was traveling, and asked if I started yet. I took that as a sign to go to the dollar store to get my trusty $1 pee test. Bright line appeared! Husband was on a plane, so I told my sister in law first. 

My son just turned 7. Daughter will be 5 next week. I was so excited they were both going to be in school all day next year, and I could take classes for my bachelors degree. I couldnt decide between the in person at USF or online at UF. But now I'll have a baby! So I will be applying for the online degree. Lol. 

My husband and I have been together for 12 years. Married 7. He is a musician, and travels a lot. Its been tough since we moved away from my grandma, who would help watch the kids. 

I have my Biology A.A. and I am taking classes for Biotechnology A.S. I will be transferring into UF for molecular and cell biology. I love anything that has to do with reproductive science/genetics. I teach childbirth education for a local homebirth midwifery practice. I already told my midwife. :) 

I was sad at first. Changes are hard for me. I plan things out years in advance. But it is exciting. The kids are older and will be so much more helpful. I know they will love it. I want to keep this time a surprise for gender again. We didn't find out with our son. It was the greatest thing, hearing my husband say, 'its a boy! I have a son!' 

• - EDD: June 4th
    - How you found out: Went to the hospital with chest pain and anxiety. Everything turned out fine, but surprise! The nurse came back after they did blood work and asked if I was pregnant, then informed me I was. We had JUST started trying so I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon!
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I work in a university library and am in the middle of my masters degree in library and information science. I'm also a writer and I read a lot. My husband and I love to travel (just went on our last couple-only trip for awhile to England and Scotland), watch TV shows together, and play Legend of Zelda games. We live in Central Florida and spend a lot of time at the theme parks so it's killing me not being able to go on so many of the rides for the next 8 months!
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: Just me and my husband! We've been married a little over 6 years.
    Hello fellow Librarian! My husband and I just went to Scotland this summer - missing the gorgeous landscapes and wonderful people. 

Congrats!
  • @bbluemoo I live in BC Canada too. What rural part do you live in? Sorry for your previous loss in September. ❤️ Congrats on your recent BFP. 😁 
  • June 11th, 2020
    I wasn’t having any symptoms, but I was one day late on my period. I did a test and it was positive. I’ve never tried to get pregnant before and I just couldn’t believe it. Anyone else crazy enough to do five tests “just to make sure”? 

I’m a social worker on two different crisis teams. Long days, which are hitting me hard with this fatigue! 
    I have a partner of four years and we have a cat together so far. I think we are both pretty eager/anxious about this! He’s been on the fence about children and I have been as well up until a couple of years ago. 

I’m really excited! It’s hard to keep a secret. I four people in total know all together. We are going to tell our families at Christmas. Until then, I’m just trying to do everything I can to stay healthy and keep growing babe healthy too. 

I look forward to reading everyone’s posts. 
  • Absolutely! I work in mental health and always here to listen and check in!
  • @knottiec0a8a9e88dc77600 I was crazy too. 😆  I took 4 tests just to make sure they were all positive lol. I agree with you. It is very hard to keep a secret. 
  • zande2016 said:
    @MaximumEffort yeah with two we have “man to man coverage” but 3 just feels really overwhelming right now. 
    That's where a lot of my worry comes from. Like, when the 3 year old is losing his shit, he needs to be fireman carried out of somewhere, but what if he's melting down, and I have an infant in carrier, and my (then) almost 2 year old is trying to walk away???

Also, we have a boy and a girl already. For the first time, I literally have zero gender preference. None at all.
    Two words: double stroller. Strap those kiddos in, ply them with snacks as needed and it helps a ton!!! Oh, and shop at stores where they have a double seat at the top of the cart and strap the older two in. Seriously, buckles and snacks = lifesaver. Lol 
  • zande2016 said:

Two words: double stroller. Strap those kiddos in, ply them with snacks as needed and it helps a ton!!! Oh, and shop at stores where they have a double seat at the top of the cart and strap the older two in. Seriously, buckles and snacks = lifesaver. Lol 

zande2016 said:
    ***snipped***
    Yeah, that already almost doesn't work most of the time. 3 year old insists on walking so much of the time, and flips out if he gets strapped into stroller.

I *do* love that Aldi (smart local grocery store), Costco, and Home Depot have carts for 2 kids, but only Target has carts for 3. 

Might have to stop shopping at Walmart entirely, their carts only seat 1. But adding the 3 means I'm wearing baby early on, and then around 5 months if I'm ready to finally stop dealing with that for every single errand (I hate the in/out of car while baby wearing) I generally have to let big kid walk. 

Also, double stroller is something I can't lift into car myself until probably 5/6 months postpartum. It's great to use from our house, but it's a jogger and weighs 50 lbs by itself. It doesn't do errands, or shopping, or really inside anywhere. Our single has a rumble seat, so that's less of an issue and still mostly holds two kids...but again, the third kid problem. I need a trailer for our wagon!!!!
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ramzlau I'm AMA, too. It's weird. I don't think of myself of being "old" but apparently for this stage of life I am. This is my first for AMA status. I'm curious what they will say at my first appointment and if it will mean anything extra. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley For where we live I definitely don’t feel like an “older” mom, maybe slightly above average, but my obgyn has already ordered extra tests (progesterone, beta) because of it, so we will see how it goes! 
  • Team AMA here too. 
  • **lurking**

Yay @ramzlau! I was hoping you'd be here!!! Congrats girl! ❤️
  • @gingermama29 <3 thanks lady! I really hope you get your BFP sooner than later! Hope you are enjoying your weekend away! 
  • It’s validating to know I’m not the only one! so thank you for that!! Haha
  • @hayhay2501 @mindyb2019 Oops - should have clarified that I was on the 90-day fiancee visa (not show) when I came over! :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @silvergreen. HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA genuinely loling 🤣
    BabyFruit Ticker