June 2020 Moms
Options

Introductions! *Introduce yourself here first!*

Re: Introductions! *Introduce yourself here first!*

• Options
    @skiwithalex congrats! I was in a wedding last summer at like 25 weeks and had ordered the dress 2 days before I found out I was pregnant and couldn’t return it. A seamstress worked magic. Do you have a certain style of dress you have to have, or will the bride let you order a specific maternity dress?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    skiwithalexskiwithalex member
    edited October 2019
    @chaos-and-coffee I just have to order a certain color from Azazie and they have three maternity styles. I ordered one size up and two sizes up to try on, and they should arrive tonight! I am short (5'3") and more of an athletic/stocky build. My ribcage has always been big (I am a band size 38 now) so I am not sure how much to expect to grow and how to size up!

My boyfriend and I keep laughing about how big and round I'll be as the bridesmaids are planning a wild night out Thursday including a bar crawl ending at a crazy club! I think hitting the town Thursday, a rehearsal Friday, and a full wedding day Saturday may put me down and out! lol The wedding is like 5 hours from where we live, so luckily it won't be a crazy long road trip to get there. 
  • Options
    skiwithalexskiwithalex member
    edited October 2019

@chaos-and-coffee This is the one I am planning to get! It is the least "maternity" looking and should allow for a regular bra to be worn!
  • Options
    runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited October 2019
    @skiwithalex that style should work well for a big bump. Your boobs will definitely be much larger so keep that in mind when trying them on. I'd say it's easier to take in than find fabric to let it out. 
  • Options
    Agree with @runwmusic that it’ll be easier to take fabric in then let it out. That dress is similar to what I had and it’s very bump friendly!
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee @runwmusic Thanks so much! My boobs don't need to be any bigger, lol, but I will order accordingly! I am thinking two sizes up will be the best option. I guess my fear will always be not ordering big enough until its the month of, but I can't order 4 sizes up lol I have to pick something!

• Options
    @skiwithalex One of my bridesmaids was trying to get pregnant at the time, and the other was a new mother. Talk to a seamstress/tailor and they can give you good recommendations (ours were also a bunch of mothers themselves and were great at telling them what to expect). Overall the recommendation was what others have said: size up (both for belly and bust) and hold off for fittings until a bit later so they can take into account how your body has changed.
  • Options
    @kyrwyn aww yay! We’re EDD twins ❤️ Same day as me. 😁 
  • Options
    @skiwithalex I had a pregnant bridesmaid in my wedding.  She was due in august and the wedding was mid-July so i think she was about 36 weeks at the time.  She had her measurements taken in January and I want to say we ordered the dress 3 sizes larger and with extra length for in case extra fabric was needed for the bump.  
  • Options
    @skiwithalex I am so glad that your IUD was far enough away from the embryo. What a relief! Not to be the mood killer but I know those dresses are expensive... if you can wait to order, do.

Buzzkill Betty Business:
    Give it some time for a second scan and to consider everything for a bit. Five hours away is not that far now. I took a 13-hour each way road trip and I flew all over the place throughout my last pregnancy. But 5 hours away at that gestation is far. My OB told me at 38 weeks that she wouldn’t recommend I go even two and a half hours away even with decent size cities (and hospitals with L&D wards) along the route (so consider that part, too). She said she has had too many patients at that gestation end up delivering out of town when she told them they could go to x,y,z there. It happens. I had a great pregnancy, no complications, was fully convinced I’d go late, felt good, wasn’t really dilated or effaced, water broke at 38+4, had a baby in arms in 12 hours. I hope your EDD gets pushed just enough that you can go. But do take it really easy. That’s a marathon weekend!

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    Totally missed the part about it being 5 hours away!  I don’t think I’d feel comfortable being that far away at 38.5 weeks. 😕
  • Options
    My personal orders are no travel more than an hour after about 32 weeks, for myself. Babies delivered at 35+4 and 38+6. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Totally blanked on 38.5 weeks being only 1 1/2 weeks before 40 weeks. You do whatever you're comfortable with. However, might be a good idea to speak with the bride, as there is a chance that you won't be able to make the wedding if the baby comes early. Not to mention that it might be difficult for you to do some traditional bridesmaid duties even if you are there, depending on what she's asking you all to do. Also wouldn't hurt to look into what hospitals are nearby and if they're covered by your health plan, in case of an emergency.

One of our guests was 38 weeks at our wedding and came (2 hours from home), but I made it clear to her that the decision was totally up to her and she could back out at any time for any reason if she needed to (even day of, I didn't want her to feel "obligated" beyond the standard RSVP window). She was fine, had a good time (at least, as good as you can while that pregnant), and delivered her son while we were on our honeymoon.
  • Options
    We had two 36w pregnant guests at our wedding. One was a bridesmaid, the other my sil. We were an hour away from home / big cities so they didn't stay the night. 5 hours at 38.5 is a lot to ask in my book. 
  • Options
    My first spontaneously came at 34+3, literally the day after my shower. I had no symptoms whatsoever to lead us to thinking he'd come early. I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and such.

I personally would not be involved to that degree in a wedding at that gestation, 5 hours away, unless I was perfectly comfortable giving birth out of town.  Just the activities leading up to the day could be enough to set you into labor if they're more rigorous than what you are used to.

OT: What is the spoiler thing in a response? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @diagonalley Spoiler is just a way of hiding words or a photo. I try to use them with stories that might be super triggering or photos that could be gross. I'll post a warning about what's in it, and then people can choose to click and see/read it, or not, and won't accidentally see it just be scrolling.
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ^^WSS. I didn’t want her to put down the cash but I’m sure it’s been an emotional roller coaster week & wasn’t sure if she would be quite ready for the possibility of missing it altogether. You just highlight the text you want and then select “spoiler” from the paragraph drop-down. It can be a real PITA on mobile. 

And for stuff like this:

😆

TTC since Feb 2016
  • Options
    Hello! I'll be a second time mom, with a 1.5 year old son who is the light of my world. We were part of the March '18 boards, but I hadn't been active since. Figured I'd dust off my keyboard since finding out we're expecting  :)

- Estimated Due Date: June 11th

- How we found out: DH and I were having a on/off again discussion on whether to have another child. DH was in charge of B/C as the pill wasn't agreeing with me, and we didn't want the IUD with how spontaneously we were changing our minds. I tested, as I've been doing every cycle just to make sure, and - well, it was positive. Despite our fickle attitudes on the matter originally, we are both absolutely over the moon.  <3

- I'm also in a wedding coming up - this one in May. As much as it's four hours away, and I'll be around 36 weeks - I really can't miss it if at all possible. I'm holding off telling her until my doctor appointment next month.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• Options
    June 24th, 2020
    - How you found out: 
    We had been trying and I just prayed really hard!
    - Hobbies, Job, Etc. 
    Teacher and Photographer! I also love OTF
    - Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies 
    Amazing hubs, a sweet little three year old boy, and two Labrador Retrievers 
  • Options
    horsesmeetbaby I rode Jumpers on the A-Circuit. I could never really afford it but worked my butt off in exchange for lease fees and training. It was really the only way I was able to compete at that level. After my heart horse was leased to someone else, I took a break from showing and rode CANTER horses. Then I got pregnant with my first baby and was too nervous to ride greenies. Now I mostly bum rides on my friend's new dressage horse.
    That's cool you do dressage! I'm slowly learning to love it but it is so much more difficult than I would have thought. I am so impressed by dressage riders. They make everything look easy but there is so many things going on below the surface. 
  • Options
    @lilaros That's awesome! I've never really loved to jump so that's how I found my way to dressage. My paint is still green for the work, but he's 11 and a total sweetheart just came from doing ranch work.  So I will keep riding as long as I have balance and can get on/off easy enough. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    @lilaros That's awesome! I've never really loved to jump so that's how I found my way to dressage. My paint is still green for the work, but he's 11 and a total sweetheart just came from doing ranch work.  So I will keep riding as long as I have balance and can get on/off easy enough. 
    Been in saddle for 24 years now, but never really could get into showing. I had to work every available hour just to be able to ride once a week. Leasing was far beyond our options, but that's OK with me. I've done dressage, jumping both indoor and outdoor, done some light reining work, extensive trails (not those silly walking only things, but with rocks and hills and water crossings and jumping logs!), western dressage, and beginning barrel work. I took two horses from just barely green broke to kid safe and show ready when I was finally able to own a horse. I think that's my favorite, get a green broke horse cheap and do my own finishing for myself or others.

Unfortunately we had a huge financial set back right before our first was born, and I had to find a great family for my then just finished 6 year old paint. Hoping to be able to grab a foal out of her in another 6 ish years. I rode her up through about 7 months with my first, but with consequences. 

I had decided to ride until it hurt or I didn't feel like I had safe balance. I normally side bare back or with a saddle but no stirrups, but for pregnancy put the stirrups on. It got painful at 28 weeks, so I stopped. But, I had SPD that pregnancy, and I think riding made it worse. It's a separation of your pelvic bones, you can see how riding could make that worse? Mine didn't heal up fully after my first. I couldn't ride a serious training ride with a learning horse, and couldn't ride more than twice per week or for more than about 30 min, or I wouldn't be able to walk for days.

Luckily, after my second, and some PT, and a non-traumatic birth, my pelvis got back to much closer to normal. I could have been riding before my current pregnancy, if I still had my sweet mare, but maybe not quite to my previous level. Probably still a more normal schedule, but not sure about the very green horses. Hoping that financially things will turn around for us soon, and that I heal up well again after baby 3, so I can help my friend with her green broke horse that needs someone my size for training. (I'm petite and can still safely ride ponies down to about 12.2/3 hh if they're sturdy built). 

All that to say YAY HORSES! and protect your pelvis while pregnant, do PT after birth if necessary.

Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @babygjune2020 Hi from a fellow Minnesotan! 😊
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail Great to have another rider!  Interesting about the pelvis.  I probably won't be working him intensely since it will be winter anyway.  I have a really good pt person from breaking my leg about 18 months ago so maybe I'll just plan on checking in with her occasionally. 
    Me 29 DH 33
    Married 10/2016
    TTC since 04/2019
    BFP 10/12/2019, estimated 6 weeks
    EDD 06/07/2020
  • Options
    @horsesmeetbaby Good luck! I needed a pelvic PT to help my pelvis, but it can't hurt to check in!
    Team green turned BLUE!
    Team green turned PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lurkingggg from march @hanshotfirst77 <3<3<3 girllll. just realized you were over here. so many congrats & well wishes.
  • Options
    @kagesstarshroom Thank you so much! I've missed you, hope you are doing well!

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Hi!  

I had some issues getting into the board, so I have been watching and sending love to many of your stories for a month now!

EDD June 11, but that’ll probably change

husband is currently away for military, this is our first and hoping for everything to go smoothly!  

...and working on getting the username changed as well 😘
  • Options
    EDD: 6/17/20 

- How you found out- Hubby and I had to go through the IUI process. So, we found out through blood work. I had a feeling 4 days prior to the blood work when we were at his co-workers wedding reception and they were doing all the first dances....I couldn't stop crying & considering I didn't know any of them that well it wasn't like me. It was then that I handed my adult beverage over to my husband and just told him "it's not agreeing with me". The night before blood work (10/9) I was curious and had read that Ovulation Test Strips had a chance of also detecting pregnancy, so I took one and it came back positive. I told my husband that night and he just rolled his eyes and said "let's wait to celebrate until the Doctor says it's true." So, on 10/10 at 11am they called me and confirmed the pregnancy. I went back 2 days later to make sure levels were increasing & the rest has been history. First ultrasound is scheduled for next Thursday and I can't wait!

- Hobbies, Job, Etc.: I do Administrative work. Nothing too exciting. I enjoy doing arts and crafts and simply anything relaxing!

- Spouse, Partner, Kids, or Furbabies: Husband, Adam. No furbabies or kids. This is the first little peanut! So much love and excitement already. 

- Anything you’d like us to know: I'm just ready for this adventure to begin. Once we hear that little heartbeat I'll feel much better about life. I'm keeping my mind occupied as I don't want negative energy to affect growth/development. 

I'm excited to have a supportive group of women surrounding me during this time!
  • Options
    @cindymarie87 Congrats! Keep your mind occupied because it's good for you but I promise, unless there is something truly very far, far off of norm, your mental state will have no affect on the embryo at this point. 

TTC since Feb 2016