Infertility

July 2018 IVF

1111213141517»

Re: July 2018 IVF

• bkatpbkatp member
    My growth scan went well, baby picked up and is measuring right on track. So there is no need of any induction
  • anaredanared member
    @bkatp glad to hear the scan went well, that is great news! 
  • Loading the player...
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @anared Thank you
    Have you entered 2nd trimester yet? How is your thyroid doing?
  • anaredanared member
    @bkatp I entered 2nd trimester this past week. Thyroid was checked at my 10 week appt when they did blood work and it was back to normal, which was a relief. I will recheck it in a few weeks. I assume it will have to be adjusted again at some point. How are you doing? You are fast approaching your due date!
  • @bkatp thanks for update, glad to hear all went well at your scan.  You are getting so close!

@anared glad to hear things are well with you and congratulations for making it to the second trimester.

AFM...my ultrasound unfortunately did not go well. I had doubling betas initially and they just take that as a good sign things look healthy and don't check again.  There was just nothing on the ultrasound and my HCG is back to 10, so that's that.  Not sure exactly what the next steps will be for us, but it's likely the end of our chapter for biological children anyway. I'm keeping tabs on the updates from everyone so excited to see the new babies!
  • anaredanared member
    @mackorori I'm so sorry, sending you much love and hugs  <3 what did your doctor say? or offer any further tests?
  • katie35katie35 member
    @mackorori I am so sorry to hear this. My heart just breaks for you.  I am sending lots love and prayers your way  <3
  • @anared @katie35 thank you both, it's definitely been a rough few days. The initial comment was either there was some other structural issue with the embryo or I got the short end of the statistical stick that the PGS testing was wrong. I'll have a follow up with the RE at some point. I've had three natural pregnancies that made it to 6+ weeks in spite of trisomies, so I am curious if there is a chance my body didn't appreciate some aspect of the medicated cycle. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited May 2019
    @mackorori sorry to hear about your update. I was hoping for good news here, I wish you the best for which ever route your family decides to take. If there is a chance for you to try another cycle, I wish you good luck for that as well. Please keep us updated. lots of prayers for you
  • @mackorori I am so sorry to hear that! i don't even know what to say because I know how tough that is and nothing can really change how you feel... sending you love and prayers your way and wish you luck and whatever decision you and your family decide to go for  <3
  • anaredanared member
    I hope everyone is doing well! Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.
  • @anared thanks for checking in!  We got our second biopsy result back.  Unfortunately they showed the same result as the first one.  So disappointing.  We have decided to move forward with the laparoscopy to see if they can find and remove the endometriosis(if there is any).  Surgery scheduled for July 2.  Fingers crossed this does the trick!

How have you been?  How far along are you now??  I hope everything is going well!
  • bkatpbkatp member
    @anared thanks for checking in. We are blessed with baby boy on 29th of May. It has been so overwhelming ever since, I didn't get a chance to update. Both of us are doing well. How are things with you. How is 2nd trimester going on for you. 

@katie35 sorry to hear that nothing new came in 2nd round of testing. What did they suggest ? Another round of testing with a different protocol? Or anything else ?
  • @anared thanks for checking in, I’ve been eyeing the boards to see if anyone had news. How are things going? Hope all smooth sailing, when are you due?

@katie35 sorry to hear the second biopsy didn’t have better results, but hopefully the laparoscopy is helpful. Will you go through the same testing again after that or just try and move forward with the FET given all the results to date? Best of luck.

@bkatp so exciting that your baby boy is here, congratulations!!

AFM...things are going OK. This recent loss seems to have brought all of the emotions of our infertility journey to a head, so I’m just trying to take a few months to get my head on straight before we take next steps. It’s likely adoption...we will not do another IVF cycle, it’s just too much physically and mentally given our bad luck with egg quality. Donor eggs seem like a lot when we would only use the embryos for one pregnancy. I suppose we could have some natural miracle by NTNP but we are not going to actively TTC. It seems crazy that our journey on this is coming to some end, but closure seems refreshing as well since we feel like our lives have been on hold for three years. You all get it, it’s such a process...
  • @anared how everything going for you?
    @bkatp congratulations again! would you share a picture of your baby boy?
    @katie35, sorry that you didn't get better news and hope that the laparoscopy will do the trick! keep us posted and I got my fingers crossed for you!
    @mackorori I totally understand the feeling and wish you the best of luck in your adoption journey! 
    As far as me, I'm 37W4D today and will have my appt tomorrow. I go weekly now and hope that everything still look ok and I'll be able to go full term. 
  • anaredanared member
    edited June 2019
    @katie35 I am sorry about second biopsy results. I hope the laparoscopy goes well and does the trick! Fingers crossed! 

@bkatp Congratulations! what great news. I hope you and baby are doing well! 

@mackorori I am so sorry, this process can be so difficult. I am glad to hear you are finding some closure and wishing you the best with your adoption journey. Sending hugs and love!

@babydust2507 wow! almost there! how are you feeling?

As for me, I am 22 weeks as of yesterday. Last day of school was yesterday as well, so I am happy to finally take it easy. I have my fetal echo tomorrow, and I am seeing a high risk doctor in late July to retest my lovenox prescription. It was suggested by one of the ob/gyns at my 16 weeks appt but its a little tough taking days off, especially since leave for teachers is based on sick days saved, so I waited. I am a little mad at myself for not just taking a day off, but hoping we will be fine. 
  • Hi ladies! So sorry went MIA on you guys busy at work and baby came early. Jesse was born on 4th of July didn't even let me the chance to eat my bbq, my water broke after I fixed my plate lol. Born at 5:46 pm 8lbs7oz and 21 inches!  I has a csection because he was still breech. Jesse and mom are healthy and I'm still trying to adjust with motherhood. Hope everything is doing well for you all! 
  • anaredanared member
    @babydust2507 congratulations!!! your baby is beautiful! I hope you are both well  <3
  • @babydust2507 Yes ofcourse here he is when he was born

• Hey All!  Sorry for the very long break.  We have still been moving forward with more testing, but for the most part I have been trying to ignore my uterus for the Summer.  Laparoscopy showed nothing abnormal.  So good news is that we aren't dealing with endometriosis.  Bad news is that the inflammation is still a mystery.  We are in the process of doing another round of testing now, completely natural, just to see what it will show.  No estrogen or progesterone.  We also have an appointment in November with a Reproductive Immunologist is Chicago.

@babydust and @bkatp CONGRATULATIONS!!  They are both absolutely beautiful!  I hope the first few months of motherhood have been going well for you guys!

@anared How are you doing?  I hope you had a good summer off and that you are feeling well!

@mackorori Still thinking about you.  I hope that you guys have been able to enjoy the Summer some.
  • @katie35 thanks for the update, I’m glad you’ve been able to rule out endometriosis, but I’m sure the other unknowns are frustrating. It’s such a process, I hope you find some answers.

Things are going OK. Going through all of the ups and downs of this process over a number of years really took a toll on me that I always just “muscled through” so now I’ve been working through the cumulative emotional and physical baggage of that. It’s a process, but getting there. We’re not preventing pregnancy, but since I’m now 43 and our history of egg quality/chromosomal issues, we are not expecting anything to happen and will move forward with the adoption route rather than continued ups and downs of IVF. There is a very small chance we will still consider donor eggs, but it’s unlikely.

I still lurk a bit to see how people are doing, it’s exciting to see the beautiful babies and my thoughts are with those that might still be struggling. Thinking of you all and hoping you are doing well.
  • @mackorori thinking of you. how have you been?

@katie35 how was the natural round of testing? Have you made any progress finding out the mysterious inflammation? 

@babydust2507 @bkatp how have you both been doing the past few months? 

AFM, it has been very busy the past few months, we moved, new house expenses, major renovations coming up and an hour added to my commute to work. Right now I am 37 weeks and most likely will be having a c-section since baby is breech, but final decisions will be made in the next week or so. 
  • @katie35 glad to know endometriosis is ruled out. I always think about positive attitude when I am low. You are such an inspiration for me. I wish you all the luck during the testing and further. Hoping the best for you. 

@anared hope your deliver went well and baby is doing well. Let us know how your experience was.

@mackorori you have been in my thoughts as well. Thanks for the update and Glad to know you are figuring out a path forward. Hoping for a sweet surprise.

AFM,

I joined work after 12 weeks. Baby and work both kept me very busy. Baby is becoming somewhat independent at least for sometime now. So I am able to check bump