Infertility

July 2018 IVF

Re: July 2018 IVF

• that is so frustrating @anared Looks like the clinic is being careless in their attitude, making the patient suffer. Did the RE say failure might be because of their Mishap?
  • Are you serious @anared ! how did that happen! we put our lives and hope in their hands and here it what we're getting... I am so sorry!!!! stupid mistake like that that cost you a whole lot, very sorry girl. sending you hugs and positive vibes and hope that the next transfer will be the one
  • Loading the player...
  • @bkatp @babydust2507 thank you ladies! I haven’t spoken to my RE since Friday when he said my first beta was low. He asked me what medications I was taking, which I thought was odd. So when I told my husband, he said the RE told him that someone didn’t put my correct meds/dose in my file but that was before my transfer. However, even the day of my transfer they were telling me about crinone and I had to keep reminding them I’m on PIO- and one nurse said they didn’t see PIO anywhere in my file. I don’t know if that influenced my outcome. We are just waiting to get an appointment to talk to my RE- which I thought was common practice after a cycle that wasn’t successful. I don’t know, this was my first IVF so not sure what is normal. 
  • @anared if I read your post correctly, you have to wait until January to have any conversations on next steps with the RE? Quite frankly that is shocking and upsetting that these docs don’t keep spaces for existing and ongoing patients, I’m so sorry. Up until all of this, how did you feel about your clinic? You mentioned having to be in a “start over” mode, maybe worth a second opinion if you have other options? Hoping you get to have some conversations soon.
  • Again I'm sorry @anared, but let's not focus on the past and things we can't change but I wish you the best on your next cycle and hope you'll get to see your RE soon to have your next plan. sending you positive vibes!  <3
  • @anared How frustrating.  As @mackorori was saying, how did you feel about your clinic up until this point?  It sounds like there is definitely some room for improvement at your current clinic, but maybe it was just a bad streak?  Do you have other options in your area?  Thinking of you and hoping you are able to get in soon!
  • @anared yes I was also meaning to tell you the same thing as other ladies, but I stopped myself from commenting without knowing much. Maybe you should think of atleast second opinion

@katie35 Good luck on your transfer. I know u said it is around 15th. Not sure when it is so wishing you earlier

• @babydust2507 thank you!

@mackorori @katie35 @bkatp my only complaint outside of this was just communication during stims and no follow up about my embryos (grading and progress). It could have been a bad streak. My husband thinks the problems came from my nurse since she handles my chart. Anyway, we are looking into other options, but for now we got the appointment moved up to November after a lot of back and forth.  Thanks again ladies!

• @anared glad to hear that they are getting you in earlier so you can get your questions answered!!

Thanks @bkatp!  Transfer is definitely scheduled for the 15th.  They are supposed to call me today with the time and details.  It is hard to believe it is so close.  I was having a hard time getting excited for this round.  I kind of feel like I was already grieving it not working.  Maybe just my head's way of protecting my heart?  I feel like I am finally getting a little excited though and my outlook is feeling more positive.  Luckily we only need to wait one week for beta.  I decided to take the week off to take care of myself and try to avoid work stress.  I don't know if it will help but figured it can't hurt?

How is everyone feeling??  @kbenner2 @bkatp @mackorori??  @mackorori have you had your first US yet??

@babydust2507 I am excited for your transfer to be coming up too!!
  • @anared glad to hear that they are getting you in earlier so you can get your questions answered!!

Thanks @bkatp!  Transfer is definitely scheduled for the 15th.  They are supposed to call me today with the time and details.  It is hard to believe it is so close.  I was having a hard time getting excited for this round.  I kind of feel like I was already grieving it not working.  Maybe just my head's way of protecting my heart?  I feel like I am finally getting a little excited though and my outlook is feeling more positive.  Luckily we only need to wait one week for beta.  I decided to take the week off to take care of myself and try to avoid work stress.  I don't know if it will help but figured it can't hurt?

How is everyone feeling??  @kbenner2 @bkatp @mackorori??  
  • @katie35 What you have said is true your brain tries to protect your heart as much as it can, I am sure everyone who went through this process might have done the same. I worked from home for 1 week after the transfer just to make sure. Good that your wait is shorter so your clinic takes beta on 7 dpt ?

I am doing OK so far 18th is my 8 week ultrasound. Hopefully it goes OK and I get transferred to OB/GYN.
  • @anared glad to know you appointment moved ahead and you will get answers soon
  • @anared glad to know that you have an appointment scheduled now and you get to see your RE earlier and talk about next plan and and get some answers. how are you feeling ?
    @katie35 yay! for the 15, i got my fingers crossed for you mine is the 24th. my last appt went well, lining was at 8.5 mm and I will be starting PIO on the 19
    @bkatp you are so close!!!! I'm very happy and excited for you! that's so awesome! and time flies, can't believe you'll be 8 weeks already! but I'm pretty sure that was a long wait for you hahaha
  • Completely agree with the comments about how when you have lived with this disappointment it can be stressful and you try not to focus on the negative but it’s hard not to protect yourself.

@anared glad they moved your appointment up, you deserve to have these conversations in a timely manner. I think it’s a good idea to look at options, even if to be more comfortable with your current clinic. Knowledge is power.

@katie35 good luck with your transfer tomorrow, we will be rooting for you! Hopefully the 15th brings all good vibes since I have my first US. I know the drill of how this can go, but hoping for the best!

• @babydust2507 I guess this whole process is a long wait. Tell me what you think about it when your transfer is done. 

@mackorori good luck with your ultrasound. Will this be your 7 week U/S?
  • Sounds like a busy week!!  I will be thinking of you tomorrow @mackorori and thinking of you @bkatp on the 18th!  Sending lots of prayers for good news all around!!
  • GL @katie35 and @mackorori! i got fingers crossed for you too!
    @bkatp, you're sooooooo right! hahaha I can just now see myself stressing during the 2WW. Happy you're done with all of that!  have a healthy pregnancy and enjoy! 
  • @katie35 Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you!

@babydust2507 your transfer is coming up! how are you feeling?

@mackorori @bkatp good luck with your ultrasounds this week! I hope you are both feeling well! 
  • I'm excited and stressed at the same time @anared, keep me in your prayers! started having nightmare about it  :#
  • @katie35 hope your transfer went well Monday and you have been able to relax the past couple of days. Keep us posted how things go!!

@bkatp good luck tomorrow!

Hopefully vibes are good this week as we had a positive first US. Measured 6+3 and HB 114. I know the next few weeks are a long road, but today it is good and they will do weekly scans to keep tabs on progress, which helps with the stress.
  • very good and great news @mackorori! i'm so happy for you! congratulations again ! and trying to stay busy to help with the stress! but everything seems pretty promising,don't worry you'll be bringing you little one home this time!
  • Congratulations @mackorori on hearing the heartbeat. When is your next appointment? 

My appointment went well HB 169 & measuring 8 Weeks, I might get transferred tomorrow to OB/GYN. I am little apprehensive about the transfer
  • @katie35 how are you feeling ?
  • That is such great news @mackorori and @bkatp!!  It makes me so happy to see the good appointment news :smile:@bkatp will you be going back to your Gyn you had  prior?  Good luck with the transition! @mackorori That is great they do weekly scans.  I agree, that would be reassuring!

For us, the transfer on Monday went really well as far as I can tell!  The picture they showed us of the embryo they transferred was in the process of hatching but the embryologist said it was fully hatched by transfer time . The RE who did the transfer seemed pleased with that.  Now we wait.  I have had the week off but have been staying some what busy in a good way.   Doing some shopping, a girlfriend spent the day with me yesterday binge watching TV, movies tonight.  Hopefully Tuesday gets here quick!!  Thanks you guys for checking in on me!!

@babydust2507 you are up next!!  It sounds like you are getting a little anxious.  Hang in there, I know that feeling!  Transfer day will be here before you know it!!
  • Congrats again @bkatp awesome news !
    @katie35 yes I'm getting anxious and can't wait to be done with, tired of the med already... congrats on being PUPO! when is your next beta? any plans on how to stay busy during your 2WW?
  • @katie35
    I am little confused on that. For now I gave them the same OB details. She wasnt really bad or anything but I had 3 miscarriage when she was seeing me and she never recommended baby asprin and we got to know later that I have factor 8 1 copy positive, one of my pregnancy may have survived if I was given asprin. It is just the feeling that she couldn't diagnose me properly. Later I read at lot of places, they try baby asprin with people who has history of miscarriages. 

It is just this feeling that is making me think of alternatives, I might be unnecessarily blaming it on her when I was destined to go this way. I am really not sure
  • I understand how you feel @bkatp but DH feels the same way about my obgyn, like he doesn't want me to go back there because we had a miscarriage under her care, but I just think it was predestined to end up as a m/c. And maybe she didn't recommend it because it's not FDA approved for infertility/natural pregnancy so a lot of obgyn don't believe in it. they feel like if the pregnancy survived it's not because of the baby aspirin it was just meant to be. but just go with whatever gives you peace, you don't need additional stress during the next 9 months, wondering if you're in good hand 
  • @bkatp so exciting to see the progress!! I can understand the apprehension about going to an OB after the RE does so much for us on this journey. I also get wanting to change OBs, I changed mine. In my case, he made a few comments after my 2nd MC that showed he was pretty clueless. I asked about fertility clinics and he said "well you could, but they are really expensive and well, they often don't take women over 35".  Are you living in the stone age buddy? He also was going to give me Clomid what seemed like blindly (e.g., all I've read it should be monitored carefully), so I just had enough. Even without that I probably would have switched because there are a lot of dark memories from that office space. Hopefully I get to find out how the graduation process goes, next US is 10/24, one step at a time.

@katie35 happy to hear things went well, looking forward to hearing your happy news!

@babydust2507 when is your transfer?
  • my transfer is on you US day @mackorori! 10/24!
  • @katie35 so happy to hear the transfer went well! I have the same picture of the embryo 1/2 way hatching, by the time I was in the OR they showed me the live camera of it actually moving out of the shell. It was really awesome to see. Fingers crossed for Tuesday!

@mackorori thats great! how are you feeling?

@bkatp congrats on graduating to ob/gyn! I'm sorry you had bad experiences in your ob/gyn's care, is there anyone your RE can refer you to, that they know well or work closely with? 

@babydust2507 I will be thinking of you this week! Only a few days to go!
  • @babydust2507 so the 24th will be a good day then!
  • @mackorori @babydust2507 & @anared thank you for understanding my concerns, I need to discuss with my husband tonight and come to a decision. Ill then ask my RE for referral but when I first visited him he said he liked my OB/GYN. Once he sends me a msg for transfer/graduation ill check with him about the GYN

• @anared that's awesome that you're able to see that! I will love to watch that for mine!  ;)
    @mackorori yup 10/24 will be a good day!
    @bkatp you have passed the hardest part and I know you'll make the right decision! sending you positive vibes!
  • kbenner2kbenner2 member
    edited October 2018
    Wow!!! So much has happened to catch up on!!!

@mackorori your US sounds wonderful!! What a great heartbeat!!! ❤️ So glad things are going so well!! Hopefully the next few weeks fly by so you can feel more peace!!

@bkatp I totally get the whole OB thing... I actually loved my previous OB but after a few failed cycles with her prior to moving on to my RE, that I also thought were poorly managed... I decided to start fresh with a new OB in an entirely new clinic. We just wanted a fresh start with all happy memories. So far it’s been amazing!!

@katie35 such happy news about your transfer!!! When will your beta be? So glad you have some time off to relax and enjoy friends.. I think that’s so important during this stressful time!!

@babydust2507 I’ll be thinking about you as you approach your transfer date! Fingers crossed for the 24th!!!

AFM... We just had our 16 week appt. Sweet baby had a heartbeat of 150 bpm and baby is quite active! I’ve been feeling baby move a lot lately... which just makes my heart jump every time. ❤️ We have our 20 week anatomy scan the day before thanksgiving... but we won’t be finding out gender... going for the surprise!! Thinking about you ladies always!!
    Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• @kbenner2 thanks for the update, so happy to see things are going well for you!! 
  • @kbenner2 good to know things are going well for you. I just can’t wait to the know the gender, I wish gender prediction by blood work is covered for me. 

@katie35 good luck with your beta, hoping to hear the good news :) 
  • @bkatp Understandable that you might want to look at other options.  One thing I have learned through out this process is the importance of being your own best advocate.   It is important for you to feel comfortable with the care you are receiving!  Did you get your graduation message yet? 

@anared that is crazy that you were able to see it live!!

@kbenner2 Congrats on another good US!!  And I love that you can feel them move now :smile: And love that you are waiting to find out gender!  The ultimate surprise.

@babydust2507 good luck on Wednesday!  I will be thinking of you!!!  Any plans for the 2WW??

@mackorori will be thinking of you too this week for your next us!

AFM, beta is tomorrow.  I honestly don't have a great feeling at this point, but trying to stay positive until the results are in.  I am hoping to get in early so should know by early afternoon!
  • @katie35 I got my graduation message and my RE referred to me to a different doctor in the same hospital not sure how that works out.

I think your previous experiences are making you feel that way. I have a feeling it will be good news. Good luck with your Beta today. 
  • Hey All.  Beta results came in.  Unfortunately result was negative.  We have a follow up with the RE in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully they can give us some new insights or thoughts on next steps.
  • @katie35 sorry to hear that, please stay strong and let us know what your RE says