February 2020 Moms

The Great Question Thread

Re: The Great Question Thread

• NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited June 2019
    @noxacanthus Babies are really attached to their mothers, so it probably had more to do with that than you. Babies can smell their mothers and yours will know who you are. A lot of them do go through separation anxiety. Mine never has because we have big families that he was exposed to repeatedly as well as being in public a lot and at daycare. They do pick up vibes and body language though, so try to stay calm and relaxed.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Thanks so much for all of the responses! These first weeks are so nerve wracking. I just want ALL the assurances that this one will be sticky! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Swiftlet you're a vet??? Me too! Congrats! With my first I obviously didn't help with x-rays at all. You should be fine to do surgery as long as you use iso at your clinic- the big problems were with the older gasses, but iso and sevo are considered safe. I actually stopped doing surgery when pregnant because ' didn't wanna risk it' aka I effing HATE surgery, so that was great. I maintained lifting and all that until I got to like 7 months pregnant because my belly was big at that point, and I made sure to sit down a lot more
  • @kiwi2628 Whoa, that’s awesome! Mostly my techs do the rads but occasionally at our smaller clinic I get asked to help so I’ve had one or two slightly awkward moments of uhh, can someone else help?  :D Good to know about the iso- I worry most about my exotic patients where I do a lot of masking down. I like surgery and we do a ton of dentistry so glad to know I can continue! I’ll take your surgeries if you’ll take my medical disasters ;)
  • @malloryfrommn I am 5+3 and feel surprisingly normal.  Not pregnant, not like AF is coming, just normal, just like any other day of my life.  It does make me feel a bit nervous as well, because we spend all this time symptom spotting while trying it's hard to believe I could really be pregnant with no symptoms at all.
  • @malloryfrommn When is your next appointment?  Mine is not until July 1 which feels sooooo far away.
  • Swiftlet said:
    @kiwi2628 Whoa, that’s awesome! Mostly my techs do the rads but occasionally at our smaller clinic I get asked to help so I’ve had one or two slightly awkward moments of uhh, can someone else help?  :D Good to know about the iso- I worry most about my exotic patients where I do a lot of masking down. I like surgery and we do a ton of dentistry so glad to know I can continue! I’ll take your surgeries if you’ll take my medical disasters ;)

Yea, I think they recommend being around masking or chambers since there is a much higher exposure. I would ask your OB though since I kind of basically just gave up on surgery the moment I could so I didn’t look into the specifics too much. And I will take alllll medical cases. Chronic itcher? Mine. Possible cancer? On it. Long term soft stool?  That’s my jam. 
  • For those who are further along or have had children before, when was the first time you could see a heartbeat on ultrasound?
  • @pirateduck It supposedly starts beating around 6 weeks. We saw a heartbeat at 6w1d this Wednesday. 
  • @pirateduck It supposedly starts beating around 6 weeks. We saw a heartbeat at 6w1d this Wednesday. 
    Thanks!  I have an appointment at 6w+6 but I don't want to get my hopes up if seeing something isn't realistic.
  • For those who are further along or have had children before, when was the first time you could see a heartbeat on ultrasound?
    If you actually know the day you ovulated based on ultrasound or maybe temping, then you expect to see one around 5 weeks and 6 days to 6 weeks. However a lot of women won’t see one until ‘7’ weeks because when they think they ovulated was not when they actually ovulated. So the range for normal is 5.5-7 weeks. 
  • kiwi2628 said:
    For those who are further along or have had children before, when was the first time you could see a heartbeat on ultrasound?
    If you actually know the day you ovulated based on ultrasound or maybe temping, then you expect to see one around 5 weeks and 6 days to 6 weeks. However a lot of women won’t see one until ‘7’ weeks because when they think they ovulated was not when they actually ovulated. So the range for normal is 5.5-7 weeks. 
    Thanks!  I had IUI so we know the exact day :) I'm sure my RE knew what he was talking about when he told me what day to come in for the first ultrasound, but I'm still very nervous.  I waited so long for a BFP and feel I need to see the scan for proof that I'm really pregnant.
  • @pirateduck I feel ya sister. My first is scheduled for 6w5d and until then I think part of my brain just thinks maybe the lab mixed up the blood work and it wasn’t really me or something.... (Also, we were IUI too!) 
  • Swiftlet said:
    @pirateduck I feel ya sister. My first is scheduled for 6w5d and until then I think part of my brain just thinks maybe the lab mixed up the blood work and it wasn’t really me or something.... (Also, we were IUI too!) 
    After so many failures its really hard to believe we were successful.  I would say my husband and I are both cautiously optimistic.  We haven't really celebrated yet or told anyone other than the few people that knew we went for IUI.  We have started talking about plans for when the baby comes though.

The lab couldn't have mixed up the bloodwork from 2 different HCG tests though!  Right?
  • @pirateduck I’m sure not - they doubled checked my info like five times each draw haha! But yes, after so many months of nothing, it’s hard to be too excited just yet. Just my sister knows so far.
  • @pirateduck We saw a heartbeat before 6 weeks with DS. My husband noticed it before the tech did. When they switch the US from B&W to rainbow color, you’re seeing blood flow and hopefully a white flicker of a heartbeat.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • kiwi2628 said:
    For those who are further along or have had children before, when was the first time you could see a heartbeat on ultrasound?
    Thanks!  I had IUI so we know the exact day :) I'm sure my RE knew what he was talking about when he told me what day to come in for the first ultrasound, but I'm still very nervous.  I waited so long for a BFP and feel I need to see the scan for proof that I'm really pregnant.
    Ah. I feel you on that. My first was IVF. I didn’t have a scheduled u/s until 6 weeks and 2 days and I was dyyyyyying
  • @pirateduck my 1st appointment is 6/26, but it's with a nurse for labs and an overview of 'what to expect.' My doctor won't see me until I'm 8 to 10 weeks, so no ultrasound until 7/30! Best of luck on 7/1 - I'll be anxious to hear how it goes!
  •  @DDRRT1982 and @ibabyloveb87 just wanted to say a special thank you for validating me and suggesting I get another option. Turns out my pregnancy was ectopic after all. Thanks for your support ❤️

• I’m so so sorry @sayrian

Hugs to you 💜
  • I’m so sorry, @sayrian
  • @sayrian I am so very sorry. Hugs and love to you and your husband ❤
  • @sayrian oh, I'm so sorry hun.  Sending all the love and healing thoughts your way ❤
  • @sayrian deepest condolences. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
  • @sayrian I'm so sorry to hear that! Glad you advocated for yourself and got it checked out... Hopefully you will be on another bmb soon. 
  • @malloryfrommn Hey I'm from MN too! I'm 7 weeks now and I started getting morning sickness over these last few days like really really bad, but not much before that! I can relate as I had a MMC with my first pregnancy so I am a worry wart! 
  • @foreveronyourside glad to see another MN Mama on here! Ugh, it's so hard not to worry. I'm exactly 6 weeks today and just started feeling some queasiness/mild nausea. Hoping you find some relief!
  • This is my first pregnancy. I've been very sick since week three, it reached it's peak in week six, and although it's better now, at week seven, it's still around. I've also already started to expand in my midsection. My fiance thinks this is a sign of twins. I think it's a sign that I'm farther along than we think, but that's only possible if a condom failed which seems unlikely, though not impossible. Does anyone know if early morning sickness and early showing are signs of twins? My first ob appointment isn't until July 22, which seems like a long time to wait. So I was hoping someone had some experience I could draw from?
  • @peggle1 I’m not sure about signs and symptoms of carrying twins, but I can tell you that pregnancy bloat is real! There are quite a few twin mamas on this board so maybe someone can share their early symptoms. 
  • @peggle1 you’re bigger because you’re bloated. Your uterus is still behind your pelvic bone, so you are not “showing.”
  • @peggle1 i'm having twins but didn't get my morning sickness until week 6.  I do feel like I'm more bloated/showing (currently starting week 7).  And they do say symptoms with twins are usually much stronger and earlier than symptoms with singulars. But at the same time, everyone's symptoms are different, so it's hard to tell by just those.  I hope your wait goes by fast for you!  It will be exciting to find out when you do!  <3
  • SwiftletSwiftlet member
    edited June 2019
    Guys...I’ve gained 3lbs in a week :( I’m not eating any more than I did pre-pregnancy, my macros are the same, I eat pretty cleanly and am still getting my daily exercise. I’m freaking out a little as everything I’ve read says up to 5lbs for the first trimester...which isn’t even half over! Do I try to cut back my calories a little or what? Help!
  • @kiwi2628 ugh, thank you so much for that! I feel better. I’ve been reading about eating during first tri and how if you gain too much you’ll get GD and a giant baby, etc  :D
  • @Swiftlet I’ve gained about 10 so far and I had a little meltdown over it at the doctors office. The nurse scolded me and said to not talk about my weight in a negative way and the top concern is healthy baby. Granted it was will all my clothes and shoes on but I was shocked by it! 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @Swiftlet I ate all the things while pregnant with my first. Gained 39 lbs total. I just stopped looking at the scale at the doctor and told them to let me know if things were concerning. I am trying to be more conscious this time, but don’t stress. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • TTM+..... how do you mom when you feel like crap with MS? I’m letting my mom and DH handle things this morning because I just feel like crap. I feel like I’m being a terrible mom though! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @Swiftlet I’m echoing others in saying not to worry, you are likely retaining more water right now! 💜