July 2019 Moms

July 2019 Baby Name Thread

Re: July 2019 Baby Name Thread

• K. I’m ready for opinions now. I have my first name but I’m stumbling between Quincy or Walter for my boy’s middle name. I’m a W and I want to carry that on but his first initial is A. But Quincy Jones is an inspiration. I also love old names that aren’t popular anymore.
  • I am the complete opposite! Had 4 possible boy names picked out and we are having a girl! No clue for a girl's name! Lol

• Loading the player...
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited March 2019
    @leylea89 what's the first name that you picked? I think both Quincy and Walter are great middle names but it's hard to say without knowing what you picked for a first name. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • So we have completely nixed Emmeline. As hard as I try, I just can't make it feel like her name.  We are keeping Betty Grace on the table for now, but I would love something not quite so popular (she'd go by Grace). I suggested Ivy and Eden to DH and he likes both. I think they sound good with Amelia and Austin as well. Thoughts on those two names?
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I LOVE Eden I suggested it for our girl but my husband said no (mostly bc he didn’t want all of our kids to have E names) I also love ivy but Eden sings to me more 
  • @bartonolivia, I love it too! I told DH I was going to get something monogrammed so we can't change our mind, lol.  My problem is that I already have two "A's" and all my first choices we A names, and we also didn't want to do all the same letter. I feel like going with another vowel other than A, keeps the sibling set sounding similar, without being too matchy. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I agree! We have an Ezra & Elias and our baby girl is going to be Lola. They don’t necessarily go together but I feel like since it’s a soft sounding letter it goes better than a lot of other names would if it started with a “c” or “r” etc. 
  • @bartonolivia LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Ezra!!! 
  • @Cbeanz thank you! Everyone thought it was a “weird” “made up” name at first... probably because I was 18 and they just expected that but now everyone seems more familiar with it and we get so many compliments on his name! 
  • @nopegoat sorry. Thought Imd put it in there. His name is Amadeus. That’s 100% solid because I decided it before knowing his gender and the more I say it and talk to him, the more I know it’s his name. I’m leaning towards Amadeus Walter because Amadeus Quincy doesn’t have quite the same ring. However, Quinn is my Donor’s name so I also like kind of honoring the gift he’s given me a little bit without making it a Jr. situation. 
  • @ameliabedelia-2 LOVE Eden and Ivy but of the 2 I agree that I LOVE LOVE Eden. My friend's daughter is named this and I've loved the name since I heard it for the first time.

@bartonolivia Love all of your names! 
  • @leylea89 I was actually going to say I love Quincey, and I personally like it better with Amadeus than Walter. 

@ameliabedelia-2 Also another for Eden!
  • +1 for Quincy!
  • Having a tough time narrowing down a boy's name! Girl's names come much easier for some reason! So far my favorites are Isaiah Elliot, Kayden Elliot, or Emmitt Hosea.
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I love Eden! @leylea89 Quincy gets my vote!
    @kingdommom I love Isaiah Elliot! Isaiah was on our list this go around but H nixed it. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @kingdommomIsaiah Elliot has a really nice ring to it. I also personally like Emmitt because it's a family name, but I'm not sure how to pronounce the middle name you posted with it.
  • @kingdommom +1 for Isaiah and Emmitt. I don't think you can go wrong with either!
  • @kingdommom I love Emmett Hosea! Hosea 6:1-3 is my favorite scripture. My family’s hated on the name so it dropped from my list years ago but this little doesn’t feel like a Hosea anyway. 
  • Thanks everyone! I really do feel the most attachment to Quincy so the validation helps despite me being like “I’m a strong independent woman!” Lol. I should’ve probably known I’d waiver since I still have a hard time deciding basic things like what to eat and aside from my Praying Matthew doll none of my dolls ever kept the same name for more than a week. 😂
  • @kingdommom, I love Isaiah Elliot.  It's classic. I also love the name Isaac which has the same sound and is also biblical. Kayden (and all the other names that rhyme with Aiden), seem overly used IMO, but from 10 years ago. Emmitt would be my second choice, but still a name I like a lot. 
  • husband and I are not agreeing on names at all LOL!! I just ordered two names books off amazon, hopefully we can agree on a few.. otherwise our little girl will be nameless HAHA! 
  • @foodislove Hosea is pronounced like José but with an "ah" sound at the end. It's a biblical name. One of the reasons I like it is because it means deliverance. I'm hoping for a vbac this time. But I also really like Isaiah! It has been our boy name, either as a middle name or first name, since our oldest was on the way (we have 2 girls). I'm just not sure DH is completely loving it!
  • @kingdommom I like both Isaiah and Hosea! You hear a lot of Isaac's lately but Isaiah has a nice spin of originality to it. And I never hear Hosea for kids but it's a great strong name.
  • @leylea89 I love that you're honouring someone with the name and that it will always hold special meaning for you. Your choice of first and middle name are beautiful.
  • @Panaceia thank you! That is so sweet!

• @kingdommom Isaiah is a beautiful name, however I will say that in all of my 7 year old foster son’s classes there was always at least one or two Isaiahs. Same with Elijah. I think it depends where you’re from but in AZ, it’s super common. It was #47 on the top popularity list in 2017, 46 in 2018 and currently stands at 42 in 2019 so it doesn’t seem to be fizzling out yet. If anything it’s catching fire. 
  • @jennm0724 we arent agreeing on names either lol!
  • @leylea89 I never knew it was so popular! I've never met an Isaiah in my kids classes but good to know!!
  • @ameliabedelia-2 I think the name Betty is adorable. It’s only a matter of time before it becomes popular, so you can be a few years ahead of the curve! Also, have you considered the name Isla? It sounds like it goes with the names you already considered/have. 

@bartonolivia I love the name Lola! So sweet and original. 

Now that we know we’re having a girl, we were thinking Claire for her name (we have both loved this name for years). We might spell it Clare because of our Irish background. My problem is middle name! I really want her middle name to be after my mother. My moms name is Rebecca but she has always gone by Ruby. Rebecca sounds better with Clare but isn’t as sentimental to us. 

• @realhousewife519, yes! Isla was the runner up to Amelia when we named our daughter. But since then someone I really dislike had an Isla and now it’s who I think of when I hear them name. 
  • @realhousewife519 what about Ruby Claire? It actually sounds really cute that way. Or Clara Ruby? Both names are beautiful! 

@ameliabedelia-2 I fully get nixing a name because someone you know. And now that I’m having a boy, I’m just glad the only ex that ever scarred me was Andrew 😂. It’s not Betty, but have you thought about Bethany Grace? 
  • We are naming our princess Gemini Rose. At first I chose this because it was different. Then my brother did our family ancestry.com report and found out we had a gggggg grandmother named Gemini.
  • @bailey84 Gemini is beautiful!
  • @bailey84 that’s cute. 
  • I dont think I've circled back to this thread once we found out we are team PINK! I honestly thought it was for sure a boy so I was so excited when the ultrasound tech said girl! I think we have 98% sure picked our little girl's name. Grace Caroline! We had originally wanted Joy as the middle name because that's my middle name but it doesnt go with Grace. My husband great grandmas middle name was Caroline so it's kind of a family name and, bonus, we found out it means Joy! So exciting!!
  • Adorable. She will be very loved. Congrats!
  • @strickland8052 I know your post is older, so maybe you've decided on a nn already, but DH and I were considering Genevieve, and were going to use Ginny (pronounced Jinny) as a nn. Might be a little too close to Jenny for your liking though.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @firsttimemommy0719 My daughter's name is Annalise, and we call her Allie as a nn. We didn't like Anna/Annie, either, DH liked the name Allie, but we didn't like the usual names that go with Allie, so we just decided to use the two names we love. It confuses people, but I don't care. She goes by both and both suit her, so it was a win.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Was just circling back through and reading for other ideas 😊
    we are not set on any names yet but know this baby is a boy... DD1 is Jocelyn and DD2 isn’t Tenley... our short boy name list is currently 

Arlo

Lincoln 

Knox 

Huxley

Hendrix