July 2019 Moms
Options

July 2019 Baby Name Thread

12345679»

Re: July 2019 Baby Name Thread

• Options
    @ashers423 I like Knox best, I think, or Lincoln. Lincoln is on my list, but we'd have to have a second boy, if this one is a boy we have a name set (team green).
    My brain is weird and went right to "Jocelyn and Tenley and Knox, oh my" (to the rhythm of lions and tigers and bears from Wizard of Oz)...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Hi ladies! My first time here. We are still trying to narrow in on a name for our first little girl. Does anyone plan to wait until birth and see what the little one looks/feels like before deciding? We may go in with two names and let her personality give us the final answer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Ashers423 That's a great list. I love Arlo and think it goes really well with your girls' names:) So do your others but I really love the name Arlo. 
  • Options
  • Options
    @Ashers423 Also another for Arlo, but I like Knox as well.
  • Options
    Me and my husband have always said I name the girls he names the boys and we are allowed to veto. We had come up names for both my pregnancies and we were fairly certain that those were what we would go with and every time at the 20 week ultrasound when we find out the gender it's like a name just pops out of the blue that we had never considered but both love. I've always wanted the name Stella Rose for a girl but the minute we saw her she became Kennedy Elizabeth. I've already made a sign for her room so it's settled for us.
  • Options
    We’re narrowing ours to two girl names and two boy names and deciding when we meet him or her. Felt right when we met our first who is most definitely a Jane :)
  • Options
    @Ashers423 Arlo is adorable! I also love Huxley because it’s so different. I was trying to see if any of your names fit together with one as a middle but they’re all pretty strong first names. Arlo Knox works though. Whatever you pick, I like them all.
  • Options
    @Niesen27 - Your story sounds like ours with our first. We had Asher Dean basically locked and loaded for a boy, but both jumped ship when we found out it was ACTUALLY a boy. On the car ride home he became Isaac Harrison!  :D
  • Options
    @nerdtoyourmother there is a name that I have ALWAYS wanted to have for my daughter. First and middle, picked out. As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I now hate the name. 
  • Options
    @ashers423 - Oh!!! I love Hendrix! I think Arlo and Huxley "go well" with your other kids' names.

I think we are finally getting close to picking a middle name, and I'm so excited! Either Genevieve Leona or Genevieve Laurel. I really like Leona, especially since it means lioness and she will be a Leo. My husband likes both, but is kind of stuck on Laurel just because of laurel wreaths. Our DD1's middle name is Rose, so he thinks this baby needs a plant middle name too. (I think we need to avoid a plant middle name, because we are boxing ourselves in if there is a number 3.)
  • Options
    @strickland8052 I'm with you on the boxed in thing, I think. Keeping initials the same are one thing, but I feel like a theme is a different level...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I don’t know. There are a lot of plants in the world. But, sell it to DH as Leona being a wilderness theme. That widens your options immensely.

my middle name is Leandra which also means lioness and I’m a Leo and have always loved that fact. 
  • Options
    I don't think we're naming this baby. We had a million ideas with our first and this one... we don't like anything, really.
  • Options
    @geoduck21 what’s your first baby’s name? Maybe some people can chime in with complimentary names that you love.
  • Options
    My husband and I haven't been able to decide, but we have a shortlist. I had twins before I met my husband and the naming rights were all mine. I took suggestions, but I got to just choose for myself. With my third my husband and I had to work out some kinks and ended up figuring it out. But this is our only girl and possibly our last kid (depends on the future), so we want to pick a name we love. Our favorites are below. :)
    • Lily
    • Nora
    • Grace
    • April
    • Charlotte
    I really love girl's names that have more masculine nicknames for some reason, so I love Charlie. I also feel like if she's gonna grow up with at least three brothers she's gonna need something not super girly. Is that weird? I like Charlotte Grace for a full name, but my husband loves the name Nora. I vetoed Rose because I felt like it was boring. He's rooting for Lily Nora right now. 

Lily Nora v. Charlotte Grace...couldn't be more different. Ugh. This is gonna take a while. 
  • Options
    I like Charlotte and Nora. Lily and Grace are super common and Grace has come up in this thread a few times. I do have a niece named Grace whom I love dearly though. 

Nora and Charlotte are also popular but probably not nearly as much as the other two. 

If you like girl names with boy nicknames There’s Regina/Reggie, Maxine/Max, Josephine/Joey, and of course Charlotte/Charlie. 

But since she is your only girl, why not let her name stand out feminine? I bet she’ll be able to hold her own just fine either way. It’s more about if she feels like a certain name than anything. 

Nora Lily seems more flowy to me than Lily Nora.

But if you like Grace, there’s Nora Grace. Charlotte Lily also works as far as compromising that one of you gets to pick first and the other middle. 
  • Options
    hakelehakele member
    We liked Eleanora. With the NN Nora.