July 2019 Moms
Options

July 2019 Baby Name Thread

Re: July 2019 Baby Name Thread

• Options
    @mizzmeg love the name Emmalyn!! 
    My maternal grandma was Emma Jean & Lynn is a family name so I’ve always wanted to put them together as Emmalyn!! DH has had heart set on Bella as DD first name so we’re doing Bella Lynn if this is a DD. Want Emmalyn though for future daughter first name 💕
  • Options
    @1stbabe719 Bella is cute! It used to be on my list as a kid lol. Your headband has good taste. My niece’s name is Grace Lynn and I usually call her by both names so anything ending in or beginning Lyn/Lynn is off the table to me because I want them both to have their individuality. She’s not my kid but we have such a tight bond and they’ll grow up together so a I’ve vetoed it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @leylea89 I LOLd at a headband with good taste! Nice typo for a Friday morning!
  • Options
    @Bear14+ I work with a man named Gray and I think that's his full first name. I've only worked with him over email and phone, so I don't know what he looks like, and I always imagine he has a full head of gray hair :p 
    @nolemomma14 My MIL did monograms on my wedding favors using DH's and my first initials and our new last initial. We're in Cleveland and the monogram spelled out LBJ...as in, LeBron James. They were a hit! :D 
  • Options
    @nolemomma14 Middle name twins! IF I can get hubby on board. Our other middle name is a family name, so I may lose, but it's also one of the stereotypically common girl middle names, so I'm not 100% in love.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @hestia14 the more people I talk to, the more it's becoming acceptable! haha I love Gray so much... but I'm still trying to come around to Grayson... my H keeps saying Grayson and I'm still on the fence. 
  • Options
    @greeneyedgirl12 I love Kate! We discussed using it as a first name as well, but I’m happy with what we picked!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The only female middle name I like with our #1 first name is Jane. I don't really like that name. Every time I consider it, I think that our daughter is no Plain Jane. 
  • Options
    @cindler I think Jane is a really strong name. It's not that common so I don't think of it as "plain" the way it was a few generations ago. 
  • Options
    My son's name is Camden and I'm having twin boys this time around. We stick with names somehow related to baseball. Camden for Camden Yards in Baltimore.. not my team but a city I love ❤️
  • Options
    @cb123391 And one of the cooler parks in MLB. What are y'all thinking for these two? I think Kauffman. Not really, but it's probably my favorite park in MLB and one of the few that still isn't corporate (Wrigley, Dodger, O.Co, Yankee)...
  • Options
    @cb123391 love the baseball names! We’re big Atlanta Brave fans and I tried to get my husband on board with naming our first after Braves players. I wanted to go with John Maddox, but he never got on board 
  • Options
    @Bear14+ I like Grey as a stand alone name. And it's much less popular than Grayson. 
  • Options
    I read online that Colin comes from Cole and Cole comes from Nicolas. Does that make it too weird to use Colin as a middle name when the first name is Nicolas (Nicolas Colin)? 

• Options
    @mama_bear19 I would never have guessed those 2 names were related. I don't see any issue using them together at all!
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 I don’t think it’s weird at all. To me they’re two completely different names. They go well together!
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 I wouldn't connect the two. I like it! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    Thank you!!! @Panaceia @nopegoat @nolemomma14

I like the sound of them together.  I didn’t want to be that person that gave their kid names that were too close to each other.  My husband told me it was fine too! Thanks for your opinions. 😊
  • Options
    @cindler 😂 I didn’t even notice. My autocorrect is super not my friend. 

@Bear14+ I get wanting to come around to Grayson. But if you like just Grey, that’s ok too. I had a friend name her son Jax almost a decade ago and her husband wanted to go with Jackson to give him a ‘proper’ name but she planted her foot down and honestly it fit him better. I’d worry more about when you look in your precious babe’s eyes and what you feel when you say their name out loud (especially yelling at them to knock it off 😂) over what’s expected. I’ll also say, the longer I sit with Grey, the cuter it is to me. 😊
  • Options
    I just realized I never shared our name! We’re having a boy, so we are naming him Ethan Gregory. Ethan because I have loved the name since my teen years, DH’s middle name is Gregory, so we are keeping that tradition. 

If we were having a girl, we discussed and agreed on Lily Anne. Lily because (mostly HP) but we both think it’s gorgeous. Anne for my grandma. In her later years of dementia, she would talk about her Anne (she had 3 boys, no girls). I think she had a miscarriage between my dad and one of his brothers and she thought it was a girl and named her Anne. So it would be honoring her, and if we ever wanted a 3rd, and it’s a girl, this is most likely what we would go with. 
  • Options
    @cindler An option for a unisex name could be Tristan. Most times I see boys with the name but I have run into other girls with it on occasion.

For our name choices we went with Adrian Gray for our first. I chose the middle name and DH found the first which we both loved.
    With the second, a boy, I found a first name we both loved at first but middle is still being worked on. DH gets choice of middle name and the options are currently Max or Eugene, both for his grandpa. Eugene is also his middle name and we had agreed to use my middle name for a girl so I'm trying to work with Eugene but it has some bad history on my mother's side.
  • Options
    @key33 I love that story! We actually had a final list and were debating about what to pick. We asked ds which name he liked best. We liked what he picked so we’re going with that! 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I love the nod to your grandmother if you had a girl. My grandmother past a year ago this month and suffered from Alzheimer's as well. Horribly sad disease.
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 - That is awesome and allows him to be a part of the process too. 
  • Options
    We're considering these atm... can't think of any other names we particularly like still. I liked Oliver but apparently that's super popular right now and another friend just had a little boy named Oliver sooooo that's nixed.

Eric Naveed
    Tyler Naveed
    Alexander/Alexavier Naveed (DH doesn't like Alexavier...)

• Options
    @foodislove I like them all! 
  • Options
    @foodislove where did you get Naveed? I like it :). It’d almost Be a palindrome but what about Evan, Devan, or Evander Naveed? 
  • Options
    @Leylea I'm half Iranian, so our kids all have Persian middle names. M's means royal falcon, Naveed means good tidings. We're just so uncertain about what first name we can agree on. We're not fond of Evan or Devan, but thanks for the suggestion. :)
  • Options
    @foodislove all good. Oh! That’s such a cool way to honor your heritage. I’ve been looking at African middle names but none have felt right yet. I have both girl and boy first names though. I think it’s hard when you have one name picked to find the one that feels right going with it. 
  • Options
    LandS2016LandS2016 member
    edited February 2019
    We chose Evan as the first name for a boy and stuck with it.
  • Options
    @key33 Aralyn was my #1 name for DD. But my BFF's daughter is Ireland and they sounded too similar (we ended up naming her for FIL as he passed before she was born). This LO's middle name will be Ava. Obviously I'm a fan of your choice of names:)
  • Options
    We started talking boy names about a week ago again after picking our girl name, Sybil Lucille.

Here's our list for first and middle names. "?" are iffy 
    -Lucius (love it but not a fan of the HP reference) 
    -Henry
    -Luke
    -Bowen?
    -Beau? 
    -Lawson?
    -Hayes? 
    -Heath? 
    -Logan?

I working on H to add
    -Lincoln
    -David
    -Issac

Now that we have made it this far H is absolutely refusing to discuss names again till after the anatomy scan. Dude doesn't understand I need the distraction. 😂😂
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat We have all L names and Lawson was on our list for a boy this time.
  • Options
    @NicholeL16 H isn't sold on it and while I love it I'm not entirely sure it fits with our other boys names since they are very traditional.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    mama_bear19mama_bear19 member
    edited February 2019
    @nopegoat I don’t know if I could get over the Harry Potter reference 😬

I think Henry is such a cute name, but DH vetoed it immediately! 

Edited to add that the reference would only be a problem because of the particular character. I’d be all about a good character reference. 😁
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 I know!! 😭😭😭 And H and I both love that name too. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I don’t remember your other boys’ names, but a name I think is nice and traditional is Harrison. DH hates that name too. He’s the veto king!
  • Options
    @nopegoat Henry Bowen or Henry Lawson have a nice ring to them and leaves the first name traditional AF...