July 2019 Moms
Options

July 2019 Baby Name Thread

Re: July 2019 Baby Name Thread

• Options
    @mama_bear19 other boys are

-James Mathieu (pronounced and goes by Matthew )
    -Everett William
    -Charles Gregory 
    -Russell Albert 

@greeneyedgirl12 I actually suggested Henry Bowen to H last night. He didn't so no but he did say he wanted to wait till we find out the sex on Friday before we discuss any further... 😑🙄
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @nopegoat I’m partial to Bowen for your boy name... my 2 yo is Boden Gray and we use Bo as a NN. Fits him really well and it’s different enough we haven’t heard it around here (except for the one coworker who stole it!) 
    I think Henry Bowen or Bowen Henry are both adorable. 

<3 Boden Gray 8-13-16
    <3 BB Girl Expected 7-10-19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Okay... so... yesterday was the third year of my FIL's passing. I loved him, DH loved him, he was amazing (and our fave parent) and the loss was sudden and hard. We briefly considered giving his name as a middle name to M but went with the cultural middle name instead.

Well, we're having such a hard time with a first name for this little guy, I'm wondering if it's time to consider it. FIL was Charles, but preferred Charlie. We're not really fond of those, but we know there are also nicknames like Chase or Chaz. What other nicknames can come from Charles? 
  • Options
    @foodislove
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Chuck is another nn for Charles.  I am personally a big fan of Chaz.  There are also other variants like Carlo, Carlos, Carl.  And the alternative spelling of Charley which I also really like.
  • Options
    @nopegoat I pick Beau! Only because I have a Beau and he's awesome! 

I love the name Cade for a boy... I would never be able to use it because nephew's name is too close to it... but it's always made me sad that it's off limits. 
  • Options
    @foodislove Chip is another nn 
  • Options
    @Cbeanz Thank you. I'm not fond of Chuck - I loved the television show, but saying the name outloud, I just think Beaver. Chaz isn't so bad, but FIL hated Chaz so I feel like picking that wouldn't really add to the tribute.

@mama_bear19 I hadn't thought of Chip, but don't think I like that either. 

How do people feel about the name Calvin?
  • Options
    @foodislove You could do what my mom did. She wanted to name me after her aunt (? I think, pregnancy brain is not helping my memory), but thought Mary was entirely too boring so she stuck with the M and used a variant.
    You could always just name him Chase and know who it's after. Carl is also a regional variant (the name has a wikipedia page :phttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles#Regional_forms_of_the_name)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @foodislove I love the name Calvin... My cousin just named his son that I think it's the most adorable name ever!!
  • Options
    It looks like Henry Luke is the front runner for us right now. Still not entirely sure though. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @foodislove I love the name Calvin too!! Too bad my husband has a friend named Calvin because it’s one of my favorites
  • Options
    So Eugene is off the list for us which leaves us stuck. We're looking at some options but can't quite get one that flows right for me. Both of the middle names come from DH's grandpa's.

-Corbin Max
    -Corbin Jack
    -Corbin Maximus (which DH doesn't like cause his grandpa was just Max and he doesn't want to expand it)
  • Options
    We weren’t going to find out the sex again.... but we did and found out baby #3 is a boy

We have a difficult time with boy names...
    our girls are 
    Jocelyn ann &
    Tenley rey 

so far for boys we’re on 
    Bronson
    Arlo
    Lincoln 

middle name will most likely be Jeffrey or Edward (which are family names)
  • Options
    @Ashers423 I love all your names. I think Arlo is my favourite from your boy list.
  • Options
    @Ashers423 I really like Arlo!! 
  • Options
    I’m having second thoughts about Nicolas Colin. 😬
    We’re considering 
    Nicolas Aiden 
    Nicolas Beau
    Nicolas Ethan
    Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • Options
    I like Nicolas aiden
  • Options
    We're having a girl and are having a hard time agreeing on a name. I'm hoping to come across something that strikes us both soon.
  • Options
    @Tippy05 do you have initials? Or a letter you like? Are you into traditional, hipster, biblical, creative, etc.?
  • Options
    @mama_bear19 I love Nicolas Beau:) Unless your last name is 1 syllable...then I'd go with one of the longer middle names. But I really love Nicolas Beau!
  • Options
    @foodislove, we have friends whose son is Charles and they call him Cal. I hadn’t heard that nickname before for Charles, but I think Cal is adorable! 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited February 2019
    @foodislove I have a Charles and we were totally set on calling him Charlie. Yea.. That didn't happen. He's totally a Charles. Or Garles according to his brothers ha!

I love Cal. 

@mama_bear19 another vote for Nicolas Beau! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 Oh, I love the thought of using Cal for Charles! I don't know if I could get DH to go for it though, he hates Calvin apparently. :(
  • Options
    @foodislove, that's when you just agree to Charles, and slowly start calling him Cal  :D
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    We don't know the gender of our little one yet but we are having fun deciding on names! We are completely agreed on Isaac Stephen for a boy (hubby's first name is Stephen).  We are NOT agreed on a girl name. Hubby really wants Selah Joy but I'm not sold on it. I'm really liking Annalise Joy but its runner up for hubby. Which girl name do you girls like more??
  • Options
    @firsttimemommy0719 I have never heard of the name Selah, so I'm intrigued!
  • Options
    @cindler My hubby is very musical and in Hebrew Selah means "to pause and reflect" especially in music. I think my reservation is that it is maybe too unique? I tend to be attracted to classic names but ones that aren't overdone. Which is probably why I like Annalise lol
  • Options
    @firsttimemommy0719 I love Selah! I think it's so pretty (I kind of want to add it to my list lol!). I have heard it a few times, mostly those who are looking for a somewhat religious girl name without using the super common ones. Just a thought if you aren't religious to look into because I would automatically assume it was a name chosen with religion in mind (I'm from a very religious area though). I also love the name Anna/Annalise. I don't think you guys can go wrong with either of those names!
  • Options
    @ccmama3 we are actually religious I just didn't bring that up! It's a word used in the Psalms in the Bible. Which is where my husband found it. I love that he loves it so much so I'm hoping maybe itll grow on me. You should add it to your list!! But I'm loving Annalise too. I kind of like this spelling of it too - Annaliese. 
  • Options
    @mizzmeg love the name Emmalyn!! 
    My maternal grandma was Emma Jean & Lynn is a family name so I’ve always wanted to put them together as Emmalyn!! DH has had heart set on Bella as DD first name so we’re doing Bella Lynn if this is a DD. Want Emmalyn though for future daughter first name 💕
    Your post gave me a great name idea: Evelyn! My mom used to call me Eve, and my husband's middle name is Lynn. When I mentioned it to my husband I learned that was his grandmother's name. 💕 Which gave me a great play for my grandma's name as a middle name. If it's a girl, her name is Evelyn Frances. 💕 Thank you! 
  • Options
    @1stbabe719, ours will be Emmeline Jane, and we will call her Emma Jane:)
  • Options
    @firsttimemommy0719 I had a family friend who named their daughter Selah. They called her Se “‘say” for short and she was adorable. 

I get that Joy’s the agreed on middle name but I like the flow of Selah Annalise or even Selah Analise Joy. Either name you go with is equally cute though.
  • Options
    Our daughter is Norah Lynn we both have southern roots and is just sounds southern. Norah we both just liked after a few of our first picks got shot down. Lynn was his grandmas first name and both of our moms middle names. 

We just found out we are having a boy this time. We have had our boy name picked out since our first pregnancy.

Wyatt James

Wyatt is my great grandmas maiden name.
    James was my grandfather's name who died before I was born. And my SOs uncle was James who died in a helicopter crash coming in from an offshore rig. His dad thought very highly if his brother James and we've always wanted to honor his name. 
  • Options
    @NicholeL16 What about Layla or Laycee? Or since he likes Lilliana why not Lila? Lily (which 9/10 times she’ll end up being called) is common but Lila is a lot less so but still traditional and similar to what he wants. 

I like Blake for all of the middle names. What does your husband like for B names? 
  • Options
    @leylea89 ooo that is pretty! We agreed upon Joy because that's my middle name. I do like Selah Annalise though! 
  • Options
    @fromcatstokids - My daughter is Evelyn. We absolutely love it. <3 My MIL's name was Lynda, but everyone called her Lyn. In a way, we named Evelyn after her (she was terminally ill when Evelyn was born and died soon after).

@Nicholel16 - What about Lavinia? It is unique and old school like Lorelai, and Lavinia Blake has a nice ring to it. :) I really love the name, but unfortunately DH and I knew a really annoying person with that name and we can't get past it.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    We are in a name dilemma. We both LOVE the name Genevieve, but hate the nicknames Jenna and Jenny. Every time we mention the name Genevieve, people ask "Oh, will you call her Jenna/Jenny?" And that alone is making me not like the name as much. :( We also are both super passive aggressive people, so I'm primarily scared that we wouldn't put our feet down and insist she be called Genevieve. I was thinking maybe a solution would be going ahead and giving her the nickname of Gigi or Vivi so we can redirect people to the nickname that we like? Or should we pass up the name all together because of this?

We already have an Evelyn. The only other name we like is Vivian, but we feel like maybe that is too similar to Evelyn? 

People do call our Evelyn - Ev and Evie sometimes and - while we cringefully bear it - we don't hate the nn Ev and Evie as much as we dislike Jenna/Jenny. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @strickland8052 We’re using Genevieve if it’s a girl (team green), and I’m either going to insist she be called Genevieve, or if we use Grace as a middle name (it’s 1/2 in contention), we’ll probably do/allow Gigi. I also don't hate Vi(e)ve as a nickname.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We're team green...
    Settled on Annie Wren for a girl.
    Walter (Blake, Robert) for a boy I think.
    Opinions?
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers