July 2019 Moms

July 2019 Baby Name Thread

Re: July 2019 Baby Name Thread

• @scp2585 if you have Luciano, you can give him Lucky as a nickname :D
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Luciano
  • @hakele DH already suggested that too lol
  • Loading the player...
  • We haven’t discussed names at all but we always have a hard time agreeing so this baby probably won’t have a name til he/she is born. We haven’t found out the sex with either of our previous and we’ve used both our girl names, the boy names we’ve had chosen in the past I can’t stand anymore and wonder how I’d ever consIderd them

we have a Jocelyn  Ann and Tenley Rey, dh made a comment we should have a Y in a girl name? (We’ll see) 
    our boy names in the past have been Logan and  Lionel or just flat out Leo. 

Im mostly following to see all your wonderful names and ideas :-)
  • I love the name Lionel. I'm actually going to run than by hubs lol
    @Ashers423
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited January 2019
    @lunardaydreaming my middle daughter is named Vera! And my husband is a huge PF fan which is a part of how we chose her name :-)

It's such a beautiful name and we rarely hear it!
  • We're having a girl, but our top choices for a boy were Shamus and Samuel.

Hubs likes Cassidy for a girl, I'm not 100% sold. I'd always thought I'd name a daughter after my grandmother or great grandmother, but both Evelyn and Lillian are so popular now that I'm unsure.
  • @bellerine30, what about Eve (like Adam and Eve)? That was on our list. I don't hear it often and it's so classic. That would be a good nod to your grandmother. 

Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • @Cbeanz and @lunardaydreaming, Vera is my all time favorite girl name ever and DH totally vetoed it. I have been begging for years if we had another girl, and now that I am, I am just so so so sad she won't be Vera. 

Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Any classic, uncommon boy names that would go well with Naveed? Super disappointed to not use the girls name we picked out (we loved it so so so much). Naveed is the chosen middle name for Boy #2.

So far our list is:
    Eric

Help us. D: It took us forever to pick M's name, and that was literally the ONLY name we could agree on.
  • Any classic, uncommon boy names that would go well with Naveed? Super disappointed to not use the girls name we picked out (we loved it so so so much). Naveed is the chosen middle name for Boy #2.

So far our list is:
    Eric

Help us. D: It took us forever to pick M's name, and that was literally the ONLY name we could agree on.
    I'm currently reading some classic but unusual baby name lists myself... How about:

Cassius, Lorenzo, Lucius, Micah, Matthias, or Silas

I think all of those sound nice with Naveed! 
  • acgxacgx member
    edited January 2019
    We don't know our baby's gender yet... we have our boy's full name and our girl's first name. But... we cannot decide on a middle name for the girl! I'm thinking more of an "American" sounding name for the middle name. 

Potential baby girl's first name is Huma. Our last name is long and Middle Eastern/Eastern European sounding. 

Any suggestions for a middle name would be greatly appreciated! 

So far our list is:
    Eric

How about:

Edgar/Edward
    Patrick
    Roger
    Marshall
    Wesley
    Maxwell
  • @foodislove My boy name was Caius but since we're having another girl I can't use it. (My nephew is Ajax so I wanted something classic that could compete with that). 
  • foodislovefoodislove member
    edited January 2019
    @acgx I love Matthias and wanted it for our first, but DH put his foot down (thus Matthew which is DS1's name). Are you another Middle Eastern momma? Our girls name was Nasreen, which means wild rose, and I'm so sad we aren't using it. "American" names I love are Amrit, Vivian, and Quinlan. Though I think Eliana has a really nice ring with Huma.

Thanks all for the boy names everyone, but I think again, it's gonna be such an issue. I absolutely hate most boy names... UGH. DH is worse... he wants super flowery names like Vladmir (WTF, he's like as Scandinavian white as they come).  What do people think of 'Briar' for a boy? Also adding Tyler to our list, I think it's less popular these days? Tyler Naveed has a nice ring to it.
  • @foodislove Tyler Naveed sounds good, but is sort of a mouthful, especially considering how relatively short it is. I also don't know about it being unpopular.
    My first thoughts is (B)Ryan, plus I like Eric and @acgx's suggestion of Micah.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Found out the sex after receiving the results of our NIPT last week, and it’s a boy! DH & I were having trouble picking out boy names beforehand so it made it more ‘real’ for us.

As of now, I think we’re settled on Archer Jeffrey (Jeffrey is my FIL’s name & hubs is set on using it, which is fine by me!). We also really like Cillian Michael, but perhaps if we have another boy in the future...like I said, hubs REALLY wants to use Jeffrey, and it doesn’t sound as nice with Cillian. 
  • We have two “C” names(Chloe and Cora Lee) already, so I think we are going to keep that tradition alive.  

Here are are the names we are currently pondering (would love feedback😊):

boy:
    Cooper 
    Colton 
    ***not sure on middle names considering Champion (my maiden name) or Thomas***

girl:
    Camryn Sue
    Carsyn Maye
    Cecilia Jane
  • @angelkat79 I have a Cooper, so I’m partial to that name! Ours is Cooper James. I think Cooper Thomas goes well together. Colton is also a great choice! My other son is Cole. 

I love Camryn for a girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • angelkat79angelkat79 member
    edited January 2019
    @nolemomma14 cooper James sounds awesome together!  I’m leaning toward camryn but my hubby is leaning toward Cecilia:)
  • @angelkat79I love that you're considering Sue, not Susan/Suzanne, etc.
    One of the names I like is Genevieve Kate, but DH thinks the fact I like Kate, not Kathryn/Kathleen/Kaitlin is weird...
    We have another middle name we agree on, but I can't get that combo out of my head...

• We thought we had names but now that we know we’re hqving a girl we are second guessing. This is too hard lol
  • We thought we had names but now that we know we’re hqving a girl we are second guessing. This is too hard lol
  • I'm having a problem because I love the nn Gray/Grey, but I really am not a fan of Grayson/Greyson. I feel funny naming my kid just Grey. I'm hoping it starts to grow more on me because I want to call my kid Grey! 
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited January 2019
    Bear14+ said:
    I'm having a problem because I love the nn Gray/Grey, but I really am not a fan of Grayson/Greyson. I feel funny naming my kid just Grey. I'm hoping it starts to grow more on me because I want to call my kid Grey! 
    How about:
    Grady
    Graydon
    Graham
    Graylee (I've seen this spelled multiple ways)
  • @catebn824 I think Archer Jeffrey is super cute.
    @angelkat79Have you thought of using Camden for a boy? I know it's super popular, but it's a nice strong C name.
    @greeneyedgirl12 Genevieve is super gorgeous! And I like the suggestion of Ryan. I wouldn't do Brian because I already have a cousin with that name, and DH and I are super against naming our kids after folks close to us (fam and friends).
  • @foodislove Thanks! It's my middle name, so I have to give partial credit to my mom.

We have the boy name decided, but the girl name is still in pieces, largely because of the abovementioned Kate argument. We have a middle name for Genevieve we agree on, but I can't get Genevieve Kate out of my head.

Our last name is short, so that's not a big issue.
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I find it funny that your hubby thinks the fact you like Kate is weird! That's a super popular middle name right now (I really like it too!) I love it especially with longer first names like you said!

@angelkat79 we have C names too and are debating if we are going to stick with it or not. I like Camden a lot like someone else suggested!! Also you could do Carson for a boy since you mentioned it for a girl.
  • Southern mama problems. I was messing with monograms today, because can’t pick a name without seeing the monogram 😆. Our boy name is Owen, and the O looks so bad in a monogram. I know it’s silly, but now I can’t stop thinking about it! 
  • @nolemomma14 I don't get monograms. What is it about? 
  • @hakele it’s basically just initials typically in first name, last name and middle name order. It’s often put on bags, lunch boxes, clothes, etc. I’m not really sure why it’s a thing lol
  • @nolemomma14 I know what they are, I just don’t get it. 
  • @hakele haha got ya! Honestly I have no idea where they came from or why they are such a big deal. I’ve lived in FL my whole life, and never really knew they were a thing until I got married, and we were gifted quite a few things with our monogram on it. When I was pregnant with my first we got quite a bit of gifts for him that were monogrammed. 

I think its cute on some things, but I have friends who put it in everything of their kids and it’s definitelt overkill
  • I love monograms. This baby’s monogram is my favorite and I’m going to put it on all the things. 
  • DH vetoes all my picks. Right now the only girl names in the running are Grace and Emmaline.  For boys we have Henry and Charles (Charlie). I like really classic names, but I’m not in love with any of those. Any suggestions? Can’t be an A name, we already have two and I refuse to have a third:) 
    Some classical names for boys:

William
    Jonathan
    Richard
    Oliver
    Stefan
    Walter

but I really like Henry. It’s so cute and when I was in high school learning about Henry David Thoreaux, I really liked Henry David as a name. I just don’t want to go with classical names because I don’t want my kid to run into too many of the same name as him. My name’s unique and I like it that way. 
  • @cindler lol my sister is actually named after my dad. It’s never been a problem but my mom did feminize it. His name is Terence and my sister is Terean (Taren). She misspelled it because the pain meds she was on after delivery (didn’t have an epidural, just Demerol after 😂).

i will say I do know one woman named Tyler and she’s not the brightest crayon in the box. But she didn’t grow up with a supportive family. I also used to call my best friend Taylor Tyler as a nickname. She also intentionally called me the wrong name so it was all good fun.
  • @leylea89 it's funny that you mention the name Terance. We told my parents the kid's initials this weekend, but not our names. My mom started looking at T names and mentioned the name Terance as least 60 times! 
  • @cindler funny. There are a lot of ways to spell it, so there are options if you did like it. But Tyla or Tylia might be cute spinoffs of Tyler for a girl.