July 2019 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

• So, earlier in the week I had my first true pregnancy hormonal cry fest which looking back on it is kind of funny (and still makes me tear up a little). My partner and I were walking around an antique shop when I saw a vintage baby portrait from the 1930s or 40s in a pretty silver frame. All of the sudden I just had a rush of emotions along the lines of: 'Everyone was once somebody's tiny vulnerable baby just like the baby in this photo who is probably someone's grandpa now and his parents who loved him are probably gone. We're all connected and we should just be kind and lovely to one another etc. etc.' and boy did the tears flow then. 

My poor partner was so baffled why I just picked up a random picture frame and then started bawling. 
  • So, earlier in the week I had my first true pregnancy hormonal cry fest which looking back on it is kind of funny (and still makes me tear up a little). My partner and I were walking around an antique shop when I saw a vintage baby portrait from the 1930s or 40s in a pretty silver frame. All of the sudden I just had a rush of emotions along the lines of: 'Everyone was once somebody's tiny vulnerable baby just like the baby in this photo who is probably someone's grandpa now and his parents who loved him are probably gone. We're all connected and we should just be kind and lovely to one another etc. etc.' and boy did the tears flow then. 

My poor partner was so baffled why I just picked up a random picture frame and then started bawling. 
    "Everybody is somebody's baby" was a really strong realization for me after I became a mom. It really colored my outlook on everything. I think this is one reason why women are typically more empathetic. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Because a beautifully sprawling tree, once planted decades ago with the help of children at my son's school, is dying and has to be removed. I admire it almost daily while I wait in the garden for school to be dismissed.  :'(
  • I cried last night because this girl won wheel of fortune and she looked so happy

I also teared up at my desk last week because a coworker said, 'you never stop worrying about your kids no matter how old they get'. She definitely took a long glance down at my stomach after the tears started coming
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm a very emotional Prego lady! I cry for literally no reason all the time. Thanks hormones 😒 but today I had PBS on and Daniel Tigers Neighborhood was on for my 2yo son. I cried through pretty much 2 whole episodes as Daniel becomes a big brother. Now I'm crying just thinking about it, seriously it was so sweet! But wow these hormones are crazy
  • @rgn12 in my experience it only gets worse as pregnancy goes on.

With my first son when I was in my 3rd Tri my husband came home one day to find me bawling uncontrollably on our bed. When he asked what was I wrong I sobbed "I don't know" which only made me cry harder because I felt crazy to be hysterically crying for no reason at all. Just got hit by a tseunomi of hormones
  • I have not been emotional this pregnancy, mostly bitchy.  Our Elf on the Shelf just put me on the naughty list for that reason.  Although last night I did cry at the end of Elf.  
  • I teared up today because I was tired of feeling nauseous. :(
  • Sick again, I can't swallow. Kiddo cried through all of this morning, was extra clingy, screamed all the way to daycare and cried at drop off, refusing to let me go. I cried from sheer exhaustion and feeling like worst mom ever. Luckily his new preschool teachers are awesome and told me to go home and just rest - I still cried all the way home.
  • I've seen this before, but it got me again this morning!

"Your normal is their magic"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhLVja2e-EA
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was listening to Christmas music on the car radio yesterday, and The Little Drummer Boy came on. It was the Bob Seger version. 
  • NCIS episode last night had me bawling. DH came and sat with me through the second half of the episode and put my head on his chest and gave me tissues to get through it. He smiled at me the whole time, damn him.
  • Can we revive this thread? It's one of my favorites!

I had a bagel this morning, and at 3:30 this afternoon, realized that I have a cream cheese streak on my slight baby bump. Cue the tears. 
  • @keebler6elf I read that as "cream cheese steak" and wondered why that didn't make sense :D

I haven't cried at anything weird yet, but for some reason my Facebook keeps showing me videos of people getting pets for Christmas, animal/soldier reunions, etc. It's like they're trying...
  • @hestia14, I read it the same way! Good stuff.

I hadn't seen this thread before, so I enjoyed reading all the reasons others have bawled during their pregnancy.

Not super weird, and I'm sure I'm not telling this as great as the news did, but I cried at a story the other night about a baby born last January in Louisiana and, at the same time, a man in his 90s passing away. The man's daughter heard the delivery bells in the hospital and went to the OB unit to pass along a letter she'd written about her dad and how he was someone's angel. The newborn's parents didn't have a middle name picked out for their son, but ended up choosing the older man's first name as the middle name. The two met for the first time during the story, and then the reporter mentioned that his mom was the one who'd helped deliver the newborn. It was such a great story! Waterworks ensued.
  • Dumplin on Netflix.
  • Because I ate too much and am so uncomfortable. 
  • Saw the trailer for A Dogs Way Home... water works. An hour or two later while taking down Christmas decorations, I hear just the music and lose my mind bawling, full on ugly cry with snotty nose and all and I couldn’t even SEE the TV 😂
  • I cried multiple times watching Frozen today. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• The episode of Grey’s Anatomy in Season 14 where Dr. Bailey has to give her son Tuck ‘the talk’ about how to interact with police officers. I watched it a week ago and every time I think about it, I cry. My donor is Cuban Black and I’m half black so I’m gonna have a beautiful dark skinned baby so I can’t help but imagine telling them these things. 
  • @thebabynumberone, same.
    I cried last night because I was feeling really awful and nothing was helping and then I realized I almost wanted to puke because it was the only thing I hadn’t tried and then my body decided that was awful and I started crying harder. Not THAT silly of a reason, but I’m sure I’ll be back with something ridiculous soon.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Live like you were dying by Tim McGraw came on while I was in the shower last night. Que the water works 
  • I couldn’t stop crying on Friday. I was working and struggling because I was so tired. So I was crying. And my boss was out unexpectedly for a 3rd day in a row and it made me feel so helpless. 
  • edited January 2019
    I was watching some movie and then started crying because this baby will go off to college and grow up.  Then I cried when our underweight one week old baby puppy was going downhill and I knew he was going to pass.  I think the second one is legit.  The first is stupid. 
  • I lost it 2 days ago when I sent my husband to get lunch for us. I was really looking forward to getting a fennel tofu rice bowl or a ramen bowl if they had decent gluten free noodles. The place said the noodles were good and he came home instead with a fennel pulled pork ramen bowl made with starchy glass noodles. It was so gross. I gave the pork to DH and just tried to eat the noodles but couldn't stomach it and just threw it all out. DS started acting up and I just kind of crumpled into a pile of tears and ate an apple for lunch. 

• nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    Aww man. You don't eff with a pregnant Momma's food. Sorry @mamanbebe. That's the worst.

I cried today while watching the movie Sing.  When the momma pig broke out and did her big song and dance. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Oh man, I will have to remember that when DS inevitably requests to watch it. Have you tried to watch The Lorax lately? 
  • @mamanbebe Sing is a really cute movie! 

Oh man. Nope! Thankfully! I did get suckered into watching Coco again. Such a cute movit but 😭😭😭
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I knew I'd be back with a good/ridiculous one soon. In tears over this:

Backstory/TLDR: A KC Chiefs player got stuck in the snow before their game yesterday, a guy came along and helped him out, not knowing he was a player. Said player tweeted out that he wanted to find the guy and give him AFC Championship tickets. They found the guy, turns out he's homeless, and is getting all sorts of offers of help, plus AFC Championship experience.
  • Stupid Gillete commercial against Toxic Masculinity and stuff...

😭😭😭
  • My husband knows I don't like big chunks of carrots in salad so last night he cooked dinner and cut them julienne for me. I was overcome with how sweet it was and proceeded to sob  :D:D
  • There’s a lady on NPR who just shifted from folk to rock talking about her new album. Interviewer asked if one of the songs was written for her son (1yo) and I burst into tears and immediately bought the album #hormones
  • I'm pretty close to my Mom and we've always gotten along pretty well. Anyway,  the last two nights I've dreamed that she was really angry with me and yelling (my Mom never yells). Last night I literally woke up in tears after the dream😭
  • My fruit cup from Panera only has one piece of pineapple. Yes. It made me cry. 
  • I’m currently working nights, so the other morning I was having wonderful dreams about Korean food (the closest good restaurant is about three hours from us), and every time I would go to take a bite of the food, something in real life would wake me up before I could eat it! This must have happened about three times where I sank right back into the dream, only to be woken up before taking that blessed first bite. I got out of bed bawling and found DH (who works from home) and just sobbed into his chest, blubbering nonsensically. Once he realized why I was crying, he just could not stop laughing, and by that point I was over it and went back to bed. Oh hormones.
  • @baby-peanut-I - OMG! I just came over here to post a similar crying story. I want Korean tacos with sesame fries SO bad, but the closest restaurant is three hours from us as well (we used to live near it, but moved a year ago). I have been so happy with our move, but one night I nearly started crying and regretting the entire move because now I can't have Korean tacos anytime I want. I'm about to tear up now thinking about when I will ever get to have Korean tacos again, and if I'll get them before this baby is born.  :'(
  • My grandma-in-law just texted me outfits that she bought for the baby! Waterworks! 😭
  • I was just down in the kitchen watching you tube while heating up a snack. I thought my husband was in his office, but he was in the living room and he snuck up on me. I punched him and then immediately started crying. I mean bawling, body shaking sobs. 
    I was already in a heightened emotional state from a painful RLP sneeze that made me tear up. 
    He felt so bad. He’s promised not to do it again while I’m pregnant. 
  • I’m crying because we have had a half day of school this week and that at this rate, I’ll be working until I give birth.
  • Teared up/a few tears fell over pizza today. Yeah. Our awesome local pizzeria's ricotta and fresh mozzarella ARE pasteurized and I was SO happy. Probably would've been full on crying if I hadn't been in public.