Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - Page 2 — The Bump
July 2019 Moms

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

2»

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying

• So, earlier in the week I had my first true pregnancy hormonal cry fest which looking back on it is kind of funny (and still makes me tear up a little). My partner and I were walking around an antique shop when I saw a vintage baby portrait from the 1930s or 40s in a pretty silver frame. All of the sudden I just had a rush of emotions along the lines of: 'Everyone was once somebody's tiny vulnerable baby just like the baby in this photo who is probably someone's grandpa now and his parents who loved him are probably gone. We're all connected and we should just be kind and lovely to one another etc. etc.' and boy did the tears flow then. 

My poor partner was so baffled why I just picked up a random picture frame and then started bawling. 
    tsa208
  • So, earlier in the week I had my first true pregnancy hormonal cry fest which looking back on it is kind of funny (and still makes me tear up a little). My partner and I were walking around an antique shop when I saw a vintage baby portrait from the 1930s or 40s in a pretty silver frame. All of the sudden I just had a rush of emotions along the lines of: 'Everyone was once somebody's tiny vulnerable baby just like the baby in this photo who is probably someone's grandpa now and his parents who loved him are probably gone. We're all connected and we should just be kind and lovely to one another etc. etc.' and boy did the tears flow then. 

My poor partner was so baffled why I just picked up a random picture frame and then started bawling. 
    "Everybody is somebody's baby" was a really strong realization for me after I became a mom. It really colored my outlook on everything. I think this is one reason why women are typically more empathetic. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    ordinaryunicorn
  • Because a beautifully sprawling tree, once planted decades ago with the help of children at my son's school, is dying and has to be removed. I admire it almost daily while I wait in the garden for school to be dismissed.  :'(
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I cried last night because this girl won wheel of fortune and she looked so happy

I also teared up at my desk last week because a coworker said, 'you never stop worrying about your kids no matter how old they get'. She definitely took a long glance down at my stomach after the tears started coming
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I'm a very emotional Prego lady! I cry for literally no reason all the time. Thanks hormones 😒 but today I had PBS on and Daniel Tigers Neighborhood was on for my 2yo son. I cried through pretty much 2 whole episodes as Daniel becomes a big brother. Now I'm crying just thinking about it, seriously it was so sweet! But wow these hormones are crazy
  • @rgn12 in my experience it only gets worse as pregnancy goes on.

With my first son when I was in my 3rd Tri my husband came home one day to find me bawling uncontrollably on our bed. When he asked what was I wrong I sobbed "I don't know" which only made me cry harder because I felt crazy to be hysterically crying for no reason at all. Just got hit by a tseunomi of hormones
  • I have not been emotional this pregnancy, mostly bitchy.  Our Elf on the Shelf just put me on the naughty list for that reason.  Although last night I did cry at the end of Elf.  
  • I teared up today because I was tired of feeling nauseous. :(
    rgn12
  • Sick again, I can't swallow. Kiddo cried through all of this morning, was extra clingy, screamed all the way to daycare and cried at drop off, refusing to let me go. I cried from sheer exhaustion and feeling like worst mom ever. Luckily his new preschool teachers are awesome and told me to go home and just rest - I still cried all the way home.
    BFP ♡ Jan 2016 - M born Oct 2016
    PPD for 1yr+ post-pregnancy
    BFP ♡ Sept 2018 - CP @ 5 weeks
    BFP ♡ Nov 2018 - Due Jul 2019

• I've seen this before, but it got me again this morning!

"Your normal is their magic"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhLVja2e-EA
    Pregnancy Ticker
2»