January 2019 Moms

Say what????

Re: Say what????

• Recently it's been a toss up from you don't look that big, to are you sure you're not having twins? Otherwise, no one pays attention to me when I go out, which I like a lot. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @rooonilwaazlib I get that alll the time. What the hell does that even mean?? Baby isn't hanging off my spine...
  • @rooonilwaazlib Ugh, that one annoys me. I think I mentioned it on this board before. I don't think anyone looks pregnant from behind!!! I get it every pregnancy.
  • @wnn1992 not gonna lie, I laughed really really hard at that Grinch comment. But if my DH had said it to me I probably would have felt differently about it lol. 
    married 7.11.09
    Me: 31 DH: 36
    DD (14) and DS (11) adopted from US Foster care December 2016
    BFP April 24, 2018 | EDD December 29, 2018
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @DLpanda08 oh it cracked me up!! But it could have easily upset me at any other given moment haha. My emotions have been all over the place from one minute to the next. He got lucky. Haha
  • My in-laws are bicoastal (FIL is doing a 2 year job on the west coast but they still have their MA house where MIL spends the majority of her time). He is coming home to MA for Christmas for a few weeks and scheduled to go back to CA on 1/6. My due date is 1/5. Every time I see them they like to remind me that I have to have the baby before the 6th and it's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue...
  • kaf1788 said:
    My in-laws are bicoastal (FIL is doing a 2 year job on the west coast but they still have their MA house where MIL spends the majority of her time). He is coming home to MA for Christmas for a few weeks and scheduled to go back to CA on 1/6. My due date is 1/5. Every time I see them they like to remind me that I have to have the baby before the 6th and it's getting harder and harder to bite my tongue...
    This would make me so angry.
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• oye @kaf1788 that is ridiculous and I'd certainly be annoyed too! My mom just had hip surgery in the beginning of November and has put down her date to return to work as sometime mid-January -- she has sooooo much time accrued she could stay out of work fully paid until June...AND my inlaws have a trip planned to go to Jamaica for the third weekend in January.  I'm so confused...aren't you people excited to have your first grandchild?!?!? JEEZ!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

IUI #1, #2, and #3: Dec 2017, Jan 2018, and Feb 2018 - all BFN
    HSG Test: April 2018 - all clear!
    IUI #4: April 15/16, 2018 - BFP!! EDD: Jan 7, 2019 

• @rooonilwaazlib SMH that's too bad. I bet they will end up disappointed when they haven't planned well.

A lady at the mall food court said she could tell I'm having a girl because I'm bigger around the sides and with a boy you are bigger only in your bump. Except that's not true- I've actually been super pleased I haven't gained more weight anywhere but my bump and upper back because I was already overweight.  I just nodded.

• @kaf1788 I’m not sure how you hold yourself back from saying something snarky. That would annoy the hell out of me. 

@rooonilwaazlib Your mom and ILs are going to be really bummed when they realize they screwed  themselves out of extra baby snuggles. 

I had several people at work today act ridiculously surprised that I was there. Even my boss said “I thought for sure you would have had that baby by now”. Umm... thanks guys. Still not due until after Christmas, but thanks for reminding me how huge I am. 
    married 7.11.09
  • I keep having people say how big I'm getting and must be due soon. Also that I'm carrying 'such a boy' due to the shape of my bumb, but I've looked the same for all 3 pregnancies. All belly. I'm starting to just slightly smile and roll my eyes. 
  • @kaf1788 because you can really control it. *eyeroll* my due date is on mlk and my fil said I should make sure I have her on that day because he doesn't work that day. Yeah ill get right on that. ;( 

A month ago I walked up behind my coworker and he was startled because he didn't hear me coming. He said I should be wearing a cowbell. All I said was I'd rather have a jingle bell, and walked away. And then all I could think was thanks? I'm that big I need a cowbell? A few days later he asked how long yet, I replied with 3 months and he said oh I thought you had less time left. I told a couple of my coworkers and they laughed and asked what was wrong with him. I don't need someone to point out how big I look, I can look in the mirror and do that to myself thanks.
  • I feel everyone's "oh you must be having x" comments. Some old ladies at church were like "Yep, it's definitely a boy since you're carrying so low." They have no idea that I just have a short torso and that he has been perched ridiculously high for weeks now and I am constantly out of breathe. It's so annoying
    Me: 23 DH: 24
    Married since 8/2017
    This is our first and we are so excited! 
  • My sister informed me that she and her husband are planning to come “visit” us for New Year’s and stay for at least TWO WEEKS so they can basically camp out and wait for baby snuggles 🙅🏻‍♀️ I told her there’s no way I want company in my house the day I’m coming home with an early newborn during flu season (scheduled c/s at 36-37 weeks because of previa) and she will not drop it and has thrown a fit at me multiple times about how “hurtful and insensitive” I’m being.
  • @kianarain right??! She legitimately rolled her eyes when I pointed out that I was only going to get 1-2 nights with just this baby before older siblings are back at the house too. Obviously her time with my newborn is just as important as mine is 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • kaf1788 said:
    @kmvisioli She's made some very important points:
    1. Auntie time is very important. 
    2. You are an actual witch if you don't allow family to stay with you for weeks at a time no matter what is going on in your life.

Therefore, you should compromise by shipping your other 3 children to her house for 2 weeks while you have some quiet time with the newborn. No need to ask if she's okay with it. So much auntie/nephew bonding time!
    Bahahaha I love this idea! If only she could be trusted with them.
  • @kaf1788 That is hilarious. Totally keeping that idea in my back pocket!
  • I’ve reached point where strangers out and about are just randomly giving me pep talks. *scratches head and wonders how awful she looks*

Mot going to lie though... some days they help! :lol:

• I'm training a new cashier at work who is older than me, and the other day she kept making comments about how I'm going to have such a big baby. At one point, a customer was asking me about if it was a boy or a girl, and when I said boy the customer was like "aww a little boy!". So this new cashier cuts in and says "a BIG boy!". 

I've also had several customers this week comment and say that I look small/its going to be a small baby, though, so that makes me feel a little better lol.
  • @MrsDho11 haha what do they say?!

@sarahsaurus-2 Isn't it funny how everyone views the baby bellies differently!

I get a lot of people asking if I'm sick of being pregnant yet, or do I want it out of me? I get where this is coming from but I half want to retort "IDK, are you sick of your kids yet?!" It helps to know that if the baby was born now (35 weeks today) he'd be healthy barring any unforeseen complications, but I'd still like him too cook in this oven for as long as possible!

My wife and I have conceived a babe with my body and frozen donor sperm through IUI, with medication support (clomid, ovidrel, and injections of progesterone)

• @rooonilwaazlib lol totally depends. There was one weirdly supportive and encouraging dude working at Target who told me all about how he remembers how difficult the last couple months of pregnancy were for his wife, but she made it through because she’s strong and so will I. Or something to that effect. I felt bad for being so mentally pessimistic when the conversation started because I thought it would go in a different direction!

• Several!

”How are you feeling?”—if I wasn’t feeling well I wouldn’t be at work, ok?

”How much weight have you gained?”

”You don’t look too pudgy”
  • Lately DH has taken to making comments about how I look like I’m about to explode. Between that and the “you’re getting so big!” Comments from coworkers, I might punch someone. 
    married 7.11.09
  • @leighbrek now I want an orange!  :p

• 21 y/o male coworker: Do you feel an instant bond with other pregnant people? Because I just saw one walk by.

ummmm, no?
  • Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016

• Not pregnancy related, but yesterday I was at my job as a cashier, when a customer said Happy Hannukah to me. I thought this was a nice change from the thousands of "merry christmas"es I hear, and asked her if she celebrated Hannukah. She replied that no she doesnt, she just thought I "looked" Jewish. So I politely said that I'm not Jewish, because I'm not...and she responds by telling me "it's okay if you are, I wont tell anyone". Like....what? 
  • @sarahsaurus-2 WTAF?!? What is wrong with people? So offensive. 
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @sarahsaurus-2 wow. Some people. Worst part about is that you can't respond the way you want to. They're allowed to be rude but you're not. People especially suck in retail this time of year.