January 2019 Moms
Options

Say what????

Apparently being pregnant gives the people around us a license to verbal vom. What are some of the things you're sick of hearing or makes you scratch your head.

Re: Say what????

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't gotten the is it planned question yet. Everyone at work and in my family knows I had two losses last year so I think everyone was expecting it to happen sooner or later. But I'm sure it will come from people that weren't aware after I post on social media. Especially since I'm 37 and the gap between my kids will be a bit bigger than we would have liked. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    @ladystout08 - NO!!! Are you kidding me??? What did you say back?????
  • Options
    @galactickates I was like "yep, eating for two now." 
    TW

M/C 06/09/2011
    DS 05/29/2013
    M/C 02/14/2017 
    M/C 06/05/2017 
    C/P 03/01/2018
    BFP 05/17/2018 EDD 01/27/2019 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I haven't told my co workers yet, but when I do I will have some gems. Last time the worst comments came from them. When I told them about my 1st pregnancy, one of my female coworkers blurted out "I knew it! Your boobs got HUGE"

This same coworker (months later) asked if our work team could pick a name for the baby. Then she couldn't understand why I got so offended over the idea.
  • Options
    When I was battling all-day sickness, I was told "that's good because that means the baby is taking nourishment from you." I about jumped out of my skin. 

I've also been asked if this was planned. Even if it wasn't, is that really anyone's business? Hell no. 

@dubcompanion we've been getting the same thing. I couldn't stand when people asked us if we were going to have children after getting married. It really hit a sore spot when we were asked after one loss and two years o f trying. 
  • Options
    For the most part, the wacky comments don't bother me. BUT the "was it planned?" question from anyone, especially complete strangers or coworkers fills me with rage. With my DD, the first question out of at least 4 ppls mouths was "was it planned". First of all, it's none of your business. Second of all, the way ppl asked made me feel like an irresponsible 15 year old.. I was 26, married, had a full time, stable job... And even if I wasn't in a relatively stable spot in my life.. what difference does it make? The baby existed and I would provide for it the best I could regardless of how other things in my life were going. 
  • Options
    I worked at Subway with a lot of high school kids after I graduated from college. I was 25 when I got pregnant with DS. Once I started to get bigger, people started looking at me like they were really surprised to see a pregnant lady behind the counter. I had several people ask me "what grade are you in?" and others asked if I was going to be able to finish school. I can't blame them for thinking I was younger than I was because of where I worked, but those questions were just offensive. Even if I had been in high school, why would they feel like they could ask those questions? 
  • Options
    @sweetyjenj Ugh, carrying on the family name. My MIL had already told me that we need to have a boy so the family name doesn’t end with DH. Eyeroll. Plus, DH has one of the most common names in the country, are we really afraid of it dying out?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers