June 2019 Moms

The craving thread

Re: The craving thread

• @luckystar28 hope you start feeling better soon! I'm slightly better off--it's still apples and smoothies for me!
  • Still really struggling with the cheese/dairy aversion but I’m really craving Subway.
  • Loading the player...
  • @carleym93 I had Subway today, no regrets!
  • @carleym93 if you toast it, its cooked deli meat 😂
  • Tacos. I had them for lunch 3 times this week (left overs from dinner on Sunday night). I seriously feel like I could eat them daily right now. Maybe even 2x a day. 
  • Todays craving is salami and cream cheese. And chinese food. And that's all my body will accept.
  • @prpl11butterfly i was obsessed with crunchy tacos with my first two. i could’ve eaten them everyday & never complained! 
  • I have been making these homemade tacos, and I cannot get enough of them. I would eat 12 a day. For now, I am attempting to limit myself to 6  :D
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • So far I have consistently been ok with 2 graham cracker and PB sandwiches first thing in the morning, then Greek yogurt like an hour later, and a jazz apple an hour later. After that it’s all bets off. Today I want a Taco Bell bean burrito and a Doritos loco tacos for lunch and Chinese food for dinner. 

I cant meal plan to save my life any more. My tastes change so frequently and when I want something I get stuck on it and can’t accept any other food. I don’t crave anything. Nothing sounds good. I’m basically just trying to survive, lol. 
  • @antera23, yes to getting stuck on one food! My recent thing has been grilled cheese - it’s the only thing I can think about eating. Nothing else sounds even remotely appetizing. Like you said, I’m just trying to survive the first trimester at this point.
    Married 25 May, 2013
    William Alexander born 18 September, 2015
    Harper Grace born 9 June, 2017
    Colton Miles born 9 June, 2017
    Bowen James due 19 June, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cup-a-soup is giving me some relief. I hope I'm not jinxing myself with this post.
  • @KissMeImScottish we will survive this! Today when I was puking (yay), I just put my hand on my lower abdomen and silently said, “good job growing, baby. keep making mommy sick.” It helped for 2.5 seconds, lol. 
  • @antera23 I'm in the same boat with not being able to meal plan. I take it meal by meal with what my body will accept. It's frustrating, but it's an unfortunate survival tactic.

@marijaa333 cup-a-soup does sound good now that you said that...
  • You beautiful mamas.

my DH bought me a fish taco. I have never almost cried into food but that first bite was heaven. Is this what satisfying a craving feels like? Because I love it. 
  • britaniibabebritaniibabe member
    edited November 2018
    I am mostly craving carbs but trying not to go overboard lol I was craving pizza, mac n cheese, tuna fish sammies and buffalo chicken dip. Now all of those sound nasty besides the pizza and mac n cheese lmao I havent had real cravings that i would die without and no real cravings for sweets. Just trying to eat as healthy as possible while giving into cravings here and there. 
  • I'm all about carbs & sweets - which is unusual for me, as I don't normally have much of a sweet tooth. But I've been obsessing over blueberry muffins lately! Had like 4 last week, and already had one for breakfast this morning. It's the perfect combo of sweet and starchy -- just so very unhealthy.
  • I didn't even want to open this threat for a while, because a lot of food just sounds HORRIBLE. But weirdest craving ever today -- kale or cabbage sautéed with lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder. Had the kale version in my BLT bowl for breakfast this morning and I can't stop thinking about it and made seconds with cabbage for a snack just now (hooray for working at home today). My toilet is going to hate me later.

And now I know the other reason I didn't want to read this thread, because now I neeeeeeeed a bagel and like 35 pickles.
  • @ki1244 i want lazy cabbage rolls now. Saurkraut layered with minute rice diced bacon and onions in a casserole dish. I bet you would like. Also i ate 4 pickles at lunch with cheddar cheese and toast. #noregrets
  • @canuckbaby That sounds amazing...like, all of it. Gonna see if we have any pickles now. I know I finished the cheddar cheese in my deli drawer last night (and the block of alpine cheddar I moved into it from my freezer isn't thawed yet) but American works, right...?
  • @ki1244 cheese is cheese!!
    I will have to make some lazy cabbage rolls this weekend. Supper is quesadillas tonight. Gotta love chicken and cheese mmm
  • ki1244ki1244 member
    edited November 2018
    @canuckbaby Well, cheese "food" anyway...

Side note, how the H does anyone actually make a meal plan/grocery list while pregnant? I have a fridge full of leftovers that I'd just as soon feed to the militant squirrels in my yard as eat for myself. But I have no idea what I'll want on Wednesday...so how do I know what to shop for today? This is stressful.

Edit: I don't have pickles in my house? What kind of pregnant woman am I?
  • @ki1244 Literally no way of meal planning right now. I used to make a big batch of something on Sundays to take for lunch all week. Now I don't even take anything, I just go to the food court and go wherever this baby tells me.
  • @ki1244 we semi meal plan. Tonight was chicken quesadillas and about half way through my stomach did a big ole NoPE. We are kinda making plans based on what should be okay and if I decide not to eat it I will have something else. Thankfully I dont get ill from the smell of something cooking i dont want. Hubby brought home short bread cookies today. Those will fill me up lol
  • No cravings yet....just aversions to pretty much everything because I have had m/s constantly. With my daughter I wanted mozarella sticks, baked potatos, white cheddar mac n cheese shells, and tacos all the time
  • ruby696ruby696 member
    edited November 2018
    So I have never understood the pickle craving. Well today I decided to get a roast beef sandwich for lunch and instantly thought of ordering it with pickles (normally that would make me gag). OMG it was so good. I can't stop thinking about it. Pickles and roast beef. Amazing. 

ETA: Words
  • @ruby696 i have always loved dill pickles. Its definitely not pregnancy related to me. I think it becomes a "craving" due to salt content. Now i am salivating thinking about pickles lol.
  • @canuckbaby I like dill pickles too, but usually on their own. Apparently they are delicious on roast beef sandwiches, too!
  • @ruby696 i want tuna mixed with mayo and diced dill pickles now. Guess this haddock we made for supper will need to do lol
  • My first official craving....Tostitos queso dip with salsa....yummm
  • All I want is carbs. I’ve been eating bagels for breakfast with butter, plain pasta for dinner, and I shove pretzels down my throat whenever I start to feel nauseated which helps. I’ve been trying to eat yogurt and salads and veggies whenever I feel “normal” to balance it out but I just feel so guilty eating so many starchy foods. 

Aversions: Leftovers! And i cannot stand the smell of coffee brewing in the office which makes me sad. 
  • I'm vegetarian and the idea of eating vegetables is revolting lately.  Since I can't survive just on carbs I've been trying to eat some anyway but it's so depressing that my favorite foods turn my stomach these days. Oh and cheese, I can't even eat cheese. It'd be nice if I could just give up on food for a while but apples and carrots it is for now.
  • Mmm, cheese.  I was leaving the grocery store the other day with very little food, when I thought I smelled mustard.  I all of a sudden had an intense, have to have it or I'll cry, desire for a cheese sandwich with mustard and pickles.  I threw my bags in the car and ran back in for some extra old cheddar cheese, raced home and had my sammie.  So.  Good.
  • @messymyranda I am (or was) for 13 years. Baby decided they wanted a fish taco and that was that for me.  
  • @messymyranda @battleangel reminds me of Friends, when Phoebe eats meat when shes pregnant and makes Joey stop to even it out! 
  • Half of me really wants buffalo chicken (pizza, dip, etc) the other half thinks thats a terrible idea
  • @wearyfuzzball i hate that inner battle!
  • Lunch was delicious 
  • I've spent the last 35 minutes googling "food near me" instead of documenting at work.

Second day of Diclegis and I finally want to eat something other than saltines with peanut butter.

• Tacos with all the goods (cilantro, lime, onions) and cheese dip lol....and sometimes salt and vinegar chips.
    But I have more aversions than anything else...stuff I would normally eat seems super gross....I can't seem to stomach meat on its own unless its in a taco....weird lol