February 2019 Moms
Options

The Great Name Thread!

Re: The Great Name Thread!

• Options
    @lzzfrancisco I’m really into Sam Francisco actually. H knows a woman named April May and I think it’s hilarious when first name and last name is some sort of word play. Go for it!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @lzzfrancisco biased here, but I like Wyatt (DS). I love Samuel as well. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think our top two boy names are Carson or Beckett. I’m a terrible decision maker. 
  • Options
    @megpants209 Oh nooooo. No no no.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Working at a children’s hospital some of the names we see I just have to shake my head at. 

I think we we settled on Davis William for a boy. Davis is DHs middle name and his grandpas middle name. William is my grandpas first name. I wasn’t sure I wanted to use William because we have a nephew with that name but it’s jist a middle name right?! 

For a girl we are still on the fence , Caroline and Evelyn are front runners right now . Probably with Jayne or Ann as a middle name. 
  • Options
    @lzzfrancisco - I really dig Wyatt. 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    I put our top 2 names in a poll on the baby names board to see which one people liked better. It's been almost 50/50 since I posted. Maybe 1or 2 votes different. Guess we'll be good with either one!
  • Options
    mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited October 2018
    @bellebaby221 I saw and voted on your name poll! I think they are both beautiful names and you can't go wrong with either. If you can't decide between the two, maybe just wait until you see your precious girl and see what fits best. :)
  • Options
    Thanks @mayoduck! I think DH is leaning towards Leah, which I love too. But Anna is my grandmother's name. She's 90 and still going strong. A very strong, independent woman that I admire very much. I'd love to honor her. She goes by her middle name so it wouldn't be confusing. 
    I think we're going to do like you said and meet this little one and see what suits her. If her personality right now is any indication, she's taking after her great grandmother! 
  • Options
    @bellebaby221 Aww, I love that! I'm named after my great-grandmother myself. I never had the privilege of meeting her but I love that my name has that extra special meaning. DH and I will be honoring grandparents in the naming of our child as well.
  • Options
    Sounds exactly like my mum, @danixbanani24. Can't control her facial expressions and says stuff kinda awkwardly. She'll come to love it, I'm sure! 
  • Options
    @danixbanani24- Leo is a GREAT name!
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 Leo is such a good name, and it goes so well with Luca! Your mom will come around to it, I'm sure!
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 LOVE Leo!! So cute. My mom made the same face when we told her this baby's name. It was hysterical because I think she realized she was making that face and tried to smile but kind of ended up looking like a preschooler taking their first school picture? Like way too big of a smile and too much enthusiasm.
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 I love the name Leo! Sorry you’re mom didn’t react well but I know she’ll grow to love it. My family wasn’t too thrilled about DD’s name but now they can’t imagine her with any other. 

@BourbonBiscuits that description cracks me up! I can perfectly picture that preschooler type smile! Lol
  • Options
    lol thanks guys!  I really do love the name and I know my mom will come around :) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 LOVE Leo!  Yea, she’ll totally come around.  My mom made a similar meh face and said something like “don’t feel like you need to commit to one now, there is still plenty of time”  But we stuck to it and after a few weeks she now says things like “when Oscar gets here...”  

I’m still avoiding telling my MIL and SIL bc they are both super tough/opinionated and have actually sent me lists of names they liked.  DH and I are thinking we will tell them after the baby is born bc we don’t want to deal with them trying to convince us otherwise for the next few months.
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 Leo is a great name! Don't worry too much about how your mom reacts (easier said than done), my mom is VERY opinionated and I had to tell her that it was not her decision (she said, when I mentioned Emil as a potential name that it sounded like "mealy" - thanks, mom, not helpful)
  • Options
    I think we’re leaning towards Lucas Michael (Luke) for a boy, but that’s subject to change.

If it’s a girl, I have no effing clue, so watch it be a girl.
  • Options
    @cmjenkies I love the name Lucas and Luke for nn!

@danixbanani24 I think Leo is a great name! I don’t think my mom loves the name we are thinking of either but I’m sure they will come around!

I think we are going with Reagan Elizabeth. I want to use the letter R after my grandma who passed away last year (in Jewish tradition you use the first letter of the name and her name was Rita). Then Elizabeth was DH’s grandma’s middle name who also passed away last year (he is not Jewish so we can use the actual name). I’m still not sure I love the name Reagan though. I don’t want people to think she is named after Ronald Reagan lol. DH loves the name and I think I do but I’m just not 100% positive. 
  • Options
    @dcaron10 I love Reagan! Also I am not American so I didn't think Ronald Reagan at all. Lol. That might be a vague association in people's minds but I would hope people wouldn't first assume you named a little girl after him? Idk though. I'd still use the name for sure.
  • Options
    Alright I think I'm ready to post in this group for sure. What do people think of the name Finley for a boy?
  • Options
    changadee said:
    Alright I think I'm ready to post in this group for sure. What do people think of the name Finley for a boy?
    I really like the name/ nickname Finn. It’s super cute! 
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

• Options
    We’ve switched gears and are leaning toward Joanna now. DD1 has an unusual Scottish name, so I’m a little worried that Joanna sounds too “normal” in comparison, but we really like it and figure it isn’t too common nowadays anyway. 
  • Options
    changadee said:

Love Finley! We know both girls and boys with the name Finley, but I think it’s a great name for a boy! And I agree with @okayestmom12, Finn is such a great nickname!
  • Options
    @changadee I love Finley! I know someone who's cat is called that and it feels like they wasted a great name on a cat. :D
  • Options
    @changadee LOVE the name Finley, but especially the nn Finn. So so cute. 

@cmjenkies if this baby had been a boy he was going to be Lucas James, so I'm a little partial to the name Lucas. I think it's so gorgeous!

@dcaron10 I think Reagan is so sweet and I definitely don't think of Ronald Reagan when it's used for a girl. When people name their boy dogs Reagan, that's when I think of Ronald Reagan lol
  • Options
    @dcaron I make the Ronald Reagan connection but I wouldn't assume she was name after him, if that makes sense. 
  • Options
    @changadee Finley is <3 !

@dcaron10 Ronald Reagan didn’t cross my mind. I think it’s been long enough that it’s definitely usable now!  There are certain names I’d steer clear of forever (think: Donald, Adolf  :D ), but Reagan isn’t one of those.
    DS born 2/18/2019
    DD born 4/1/2023
    Baby #3 EDD 11/21/2024
  • Options
    Reagan is also the little girl in the Exorcist lol but I don't immediately make connections to the president or the possessed little girl - it's an adorable name.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @danixbanani24 lol that is what my mind went to first only after talking about the president though. Also if you watched the Exorcist TV show, Reagan ends up being pretty bad ass.

I love that name. And Finley and Lucas! So far everyone has pretty good tastes in names on here imo :) 
  • Options
    @grebretso haha totally agree!

@danixbanani24 I never actually watched the exorcist but when I was looking up stuff about the name I learned that too! Lol

Thanks for the feedback! I also figured if she really didn’t like the name when she gets older she can always go by Elizabeth 😆 
  • Options
    We found a boy first name. For my dad, if LO is a boy he will be either John or Johnny. Prior to this my MIL was throwing a fit because she wanted us to use a J name for her father who died when my H was little so I guess the powers that be wanted to make sure this was possible. 
  • Options
    @wrensnest I love Joanna! But DH does not so I don't get to use it. When I asked why, he cited Sweeney Todd. Seriously??? Wtf DH, just admit you don't have a good reason for not liking it
  • Options
    @notthecheat Hahaha, when I told my mom that we were thinking about Joanna she immediately broke out into “I feeeeeel you, Johannnna.” I feel like that’s extra incentive to use it, Sweeney is one my favorites!