April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 10/15

Re: Randoms w/o 10/15

• Options
    @kosmo86 I had straight up aversions to certain foods both last time and this time but this is the first time it’s actually just tasted different. 

A strange thing indeed. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty @kosmo86 I wouldn't say that food tastes different, per say. But what I enjoy and can tolerate definitely has. I feel like I basically only like foods that are extremely high in fat, salt, and sugar right now. I've been eating SO much junk food. And last night when I threw up, it's because I was eating a veggie enchilada. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MRDCle I'm definitely over the pelvic rest too. All the crazy sex dreams are not helping either.
  • Options
    Btw, the area in which I feel ridiculous is smell. I'm constantly smelling things that are not there. When I walked in my house after dropping my son at daycare, i thought it smelled like fish. Now it smells like pizza. I'm having phantom smells. (btw, I had an apple cinnamon candle lit all morning, so it shouldn't smell like fish or pizza)
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty a lot of things I normally eat have tasted super salty to me this pregnancy 

I pulled/strained my hamstring yesterday. It was so stupid because I wasnt doing anything except laundry and potty training DS. I just step wrong and slipped and felt it go. 
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty A few foods that I normally dislike taste good for me now and things I liked taste gross. I like to think it’s my body helping me to decide what I need and what I don’t for baby. I can’t say that with 100% certainty though since I think about pies and ice cream 24/7.
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty last time, scallops (which I LOVE) were gross. DH tasted and said they tasted as good as usual, sooo?? Luckily, once pregnancy was gone, they were back to their normal deliciousness.
  • Options
  • Options
    sheknows6sheknows6 member
    edited October 2018
    kosmo86 said:
    sheknows6 said:
    I’ve never understood sex disappointment either. My parents had been rooting for this one to be a boy and it’s always irritated me, how about just a healthy and happy child regardless?

Now we know we’re having a girl and I was happier to hear she’s healthy over what sex she was.

To each their own, but when I know so many deserving women that are struggling with IF as well as losses, unhealthy babies, risky pregnancies etc....it just isn’t important and really shouldn’t be. 
    I have said nothing about the subject thus far but this is unfair. People are allowed to feel how they want. There are a MILLION things that I shouldn't complain about bc someone somewhere doesn't have what I have. We are human and have desires in life and when they don't pan out it can be disappointing and THAT IS OK. 
    I’m not saying she can’t feel how she wants. This is my opinion, and I said, to each their own. I am also not shaming anyone either. 

My opinion. ETA: these are MY feelings. And they are also OK. 

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @kangstadt and @professormama I do apologize if I came off as judgey. It was difficult for me to really grasp the emotional reaction- but I totally understand having an emotional reaction and needing to recognize and process it, regardless of someone else’s understanding. Thank you for taking the time to explain where you were coming from.

@MRDCle Pelvic rest is the wooooorst,I hope your time there passes quickly.
  • Options
    @professormama I said it, not @kosmo86, and I’m not going to argue with you about the intent of my own statement. We can disagree but it doesn’t make my words/thoughts/feelings any less valid, and quite frankly I’m tired of being called out for having a differing point of view. I haven’t shamed anyone just because you don’t like what I have to say.

In my opinion, I feel sex is not important in comparison to the health of your child.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Options
    @lilpotatomama Oooh that looks like a big ol’ plate of forgiveness to me. I wish I could get bbq that good looking here.
  • Options
    This reminds me of a fb post I saw the other day. A mom posted a meme that said "Tell me again how you miss your kid at college, said no military mom ever."

This is the exact kind of comparison that is completely unfair. Just because someone else struggles, it does not mean we should sacrifice true emotion involved with our own lives. It does not imply that that individual is incapable of having respect and empathy about the fragility of the situation. There is room for all of the emotions.

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    lyse01 said:
    @thatbaintforbetty last time, scallops (which I LOVE) were gross. DH tasted and said they tasted as good as usual, sooo?? Luckily, once pregnancy was gone, they were back to their normal deliciousness.
    I’m the opposite when I’m pregnant I crave scallops (I had some great ones Monday night) Which is odd for my because I’m not a huge seafood eater. I see it as my body’s way of telling me that I need more omega 3s
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited October 2018
    @lin0442 perks of living in Texas! It was amazing. Followed by peach cobbler 😍
  • Options
    LaurmiLaurmi member
    edited October 2018
    I'm feeling so gross and lazy this pregnancy. I get my daughter ready and bring her to daycare before I go to work every day and then come home in the evenings and just vegg on the couch. DH isnt saying a word about it (wise man) but I feel like a lump. I don't remember being this tired last time. No motivation to eat healthy like last time either?!?! I'm annoyed with myself because I'm so blah this time around. I'm also gaining weight faster than last time. My doctor isn't concerned and didn't tell me to dial it back but I just feel like a frump! End rant. 

I also miss wine.

Laura 
  • Options
    Thanks @lilpotatomama for making me extremely hungry  :'(

unrelated. I’m currently crying because I burned a HUGE pot of arroz con leche. I refuse to throw it away, so I have to suck it up and eat it the next few days because DH had a fit about having to go to the store with me to get the ingredients. I just keep pouring more sugar in it hoping that it will mask the burnt flavor, but it’s not really helping. Fml. Why must my cravings take control of me. 
  • Options

unrelated. I’m currently crying because I burned a HUGE pot of arroz con leche. I refuse to throw it away, so I have to suck it up and eat it the next few days because DH had a fit about having to go to the store with me to get the ingredients. I just keep pouring more sugar in it hoping that it will mask the burnt flavor, but it’s not really helping. Fml. Why must my cravings take control of me. 
    It’s ok to throw it away. Sometimes we make mistakes. 
  • Options

It’s ok to throw it away. Sometimes we make mistakes. 
    I think I’m too stubborn  :D
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname i also say throw it away, these things happen. Sucks though.
    I "blackened" (burned the shi*t out of) some garlic today. Oops. Luckily I had enough garlic to start over. Pizza sauce would have tasted GROSS. 
  • Options
    I'm just going to admit to the internet how ridiculous I am...I didn't realize until @blueberrymomma said seafood that scallops = seafood.  For years I've been thinking scallops = onions. The word I was looking for is shallots. I'm not a seafood eater so I just never connected everything together. #thingsilearnedtoday And now I'm wondering what scallops taste like. 
    That made me giggle a little, but I can totally see the mixup. I don’t think I can describe the taste of scallops. If they are good and cooked correctly they take on the seasonings flavor and sort of melt in your mouth. FYI I hate anything the tastes or smells “fishy”. So no fish, lobsters, oysters.... I love cooked shrimp and scallops only. Occasionally I’ll eat a couple bites of crab. 
  • Options
    I'm just going to admit to the internet how ridiculous I am...I didn't realize until @blueberrymomma said seafood that scallops = seafood.  For years I've been thinking scallops = onions. The word I was looking for is shallots. I'm not a seafood eater so I just never connected everything together. #thingsilearnedtoday And now I'm wondering what scallops taste like. 
    I won't lie, I was actually thinking the same thing about scallops. 
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname @professormama at least you didn’t burn your hand on the oven like I did. I’m not even going to eat this batch of muffins 😢
  • Options
    I’m a huge seafood fan and I sometimes have to think extra hard when I see either scallops or shallots written out to remember which one is which. The words/sounds are just so close that my brain has a difficult time easily remembering. I think I once read a recipe for scallops that had shallot in it and it was way more confusing then it should have been. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    @blueberrymomma I may try scallops, but probably not during pregnancy.  Seafood makes me queasy when I'm not pregnant. I may have my husband order some so I can try it off his plate. I pretty much only eat fresh popcorn shrimp with tartar sauce if we're at the beach. 

@chrissdee @thatbaintforbettyWhew, glad I'm not the only one. Also, the other word I was thinking about was scallions. And was wondering how people base an entire meal off of onions. I mean I like onions but I didn't get it until now. I really should pay attention more. Or maybe they shouldn't name all of these food items similarly. 

• Options
    And now I'm wondering what scallops taste like. 
    I don’t think I can describe the taste of scallops. If they are good and cooked correctly they take on the seasonings flavor and sort of melt in your mouth. 
    Edited down because mobile bumping and scrolling is hating me and I can’t bold. I have a hard time describing scallops without referencing other seafood...like, it can flake like white fish in fish and chips, but is much better at absorbing the flavors around it. Less rubbery than lobster, but often with the same flavors around it (butter, bread crumbs), and more versitile (ginger-miso for example). virtually always too few scallops for the amount you spend on them.
  • Options
    Migraine, heart pounding(no caffeine just low bp??) vomiting, ibs flair up... and a two yr old who keeps asking “want to play with me? And, why are you sleepy, here’s a babydoll” then hubby came home but had to tend the car (oil change and a low tire) and I barely held it together until I yelled for him to come in. 

I am really grateful that I only had nauseated so far this pregnancy and didn’t throw up until today. You ladies who fight that daily are incredible. 
  • Options
    @gollygeeitsamy it gets even more confusing to me when people talk about scalloped potatoes... I mean I would be totally into finding scallops in my potatoes, but that's never been the case.  :D #esl #givemeseafoodeverything 
  • Options
    camelinacamelina member
    edited October 2018
    What is a panorama test? 
  • Options
    camelina said:
    What is a panorama test? 
    It’s a brand of NIPT. 
  • Options
    This morning has been kind of a sh*t show. My son woke up at five freaking AM and wouldn’t go back to sleep, even though I made him lay in bed with me until 6:15. I also cried for no reason on the drive from daycare to work. The up side is that I made it to work in time to get decent parking for once. I think I’m going to treat myself to a dirty chai latte this morning before I have to lecture. 
  • Options
    @MRDCle yesssss. You really get me. 
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited October 2018
    I’m eating hot fries and bean dip. In class. I feel really bad for my classmates but at least it isn’t tuna? 

ETA: I haven’t been bumping in class this week until today and I’m proud of myself.  
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama no bumping in class!! Focus!!
  • Options
    @professormama, it's not a dirty chai, but I made myself hot chocolate this morning since yesterday was a crap day.  I agree wholeheartedly with @MRDCle.
    Pregnancy Ticker