April 2019 Moms
Options

Randoms w/o 10/15

12346»

Re: Randoms w/o 10/15

• Options
    Ok, so kind of weird but... I had a dream the other night where this baby was a girl and her name was Zoe. I can't let go of this name now, haha. DH even agreed that he likes it and started referring to the baby as Zoe. So...thanks, dream? Maybe I will get to tell them one day that their name came to me in a dream, haha.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    @harveyisaboysname do you have access to/insurance coverage for a pelvic floor physical therapist? A couple of my girlfriends recommended seeing one once I got pregnant and my mom, who is a physical therapist, strongly recommended it. I had sometimes peed a little when I sneezed and often when I jumped rope, so I figured I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Haven't had any leakages since I started working with mine (granted I have not been jumping rope at all).

People ask if the internal exams are weird, but with all the other medical professionals poking around down there it hasn't bothered me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MRDCle I'm glad you messaged them. That's what they are there for. I'm glad you found some good news on the internet

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    Guys. Why, oh why, at 15 weeks am I hurling chunks in the work bathroom? It's been 2 weeks since I've thrown up. I thought I was done with all of that! Maybe it's because I got my flu shot last week? Ugh, I'm so frustrated. Sorry to rant.
  • Options
    I regret telling DH that pregnancy is not a delicate condition and that I am perfectly capable of taking the ac units out of the windows alone. These suckers are heavy.
  • Options
    There is a turkey showdown happening outside our office and I really want to go watch instead of working on billing. lol. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty not gonna lie - turkeys in the wild freak me out. 
  • Options
    @wildcosmiclove that would be a great story to tell your daughter, that her name came to you in a dream
    @rennie1108 I feel you, I got sick for the first time yesterday at 15 weeks and I was like WTF pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the love re: cords ladies. I haven't heard back from my doctor yet but I definitely calmed myself way down. Basically my entire floor has left work already so I think I'm gonna leave and head to Trader Joes and pick up some high-protein snacks and a bouquet of flowers to perk myself up. 
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @MRDCle for living in a very urban area wild turkeys and ducks are very common around here. There is actually a town not far from me that has its main very tiny stop of shops and a park that are full of free range chickens. And its literally like 2 streets over from a very major road. It’s the weirdest thing. 
    this is my backup acct.
    prevously helloblueeyes

Me:32 DH:33 Married:04/2012 DD:07/2014 
     BFP 8/14/2018 #2 due 4/18/2019
  • Options
    Work has been insane this week. I need a vacation! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    I was supposed to be flying to a conference in Japan today. I’m so glad I told my boss last month I didn’t want to go! I’m so tired as is, I can’t imagine how I’d feel after traveling for 16 hrs then 4 long days of a conference while jet lagged...
  • Options
    Well, we are having a movie night so mom can work tonight. Got my kid watching Moana, and I'm "snuggling" him while I work on my laptop. 

• Options
    I ended my work evening by puking all over myself and the floor. It was super spontaneous and I instantly started bawling. Most of my coworkers know I’m pregnant, so they understood, but it ruined my night. I ended up leaving a bit early. Why is this happening at 15 weeks 😭
  • Options
    @MRDCle sorry to hear about the cords, buying yourself some snacks and flowers sounds like a great idea. I hope you can get more guidance from your doctor.

@thatbaintforbetty I have only seen wild turkeys once in my life! I was celebrating Christmas at my friend's house countryside Ontario and a whole bunch of them just showed up outside on the morning of Christmas day! Felt a bit magical. (here in Sweden we have no wild turkeys but plenty of moose) 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama, oh no!  That sucks.  Hopefully it's just a fluke?  I got randomly sick three or four times when I was 13 weeks when I hadn't before, I've been fine since then.  At least they understood and let you leave early.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @fuzzywombat DH and I just got back from a vacation to Japan. The trip was great but the jet lag was the worst I’ve ever experienced, including three prior trips to Asia. Maybe because I couldn’t pour caffeine down my throat? Sounds like you nicely dodged a bullet!
  • Options
    lilpotatomamalilpotatomama member
    edited October 2018
    @kangstadt I had the realization this morning that I just have really, really bad acid reflux. Don’t know why it took me so long to figure that out! I don’t have much heartburn but I’ve struggled with a few other unpleasant reflux symptoms the last few weeks. Thankfully I feel like it’s under control today. I grabbed some papaya enzymes, literally a 500 count bottle and I’m going to start taking those after I eat. 

Update: papaya enzymes are a SCAM. Just kidding... they probably work for some people, but so far no luck for me. 
  • Options
    I survived our weekly cleaning day AND having impromptu friends over for dinner. Where’s my gold medal? 
    Today involved vacuuming, washing clothes / sheets / towels, remaking beds, giving the dog a bath then scrubbing the bath tub, doing dishes, haircut for kiddo, and a trip to target. Seriously, where’s my gold medal? At least I had a half glass of an excellent cab blend as a mid afternoon break :) 
  • Options
    Had a busy corn pit filled pumpkin patch sort of morning.... and then laid on the couch with no energy for 4 hrs. 
  • Options
    @professormama 🥇 great work!
    @kbirchtree 🏅gold star for you too!

I’m over here grumpy because DH says I can’t point out to Gerber that their Instagram person (dealing with literally thousands of questions) is saying you can’t add multiple photos of your Gerber Baby to the same post aka make a “carousel,” when all the official rules say is that you can’t make a collage. Not the same thing, buddy. But apparently it’s “antagonizing the judges” to make passive-aggressive statements about it on my “shit shit how fast can I repost, it closes in 4 minutes” posts. Boo for DH being right.
  • Options
    @kangstadt cute! Congrats! 
  • Options
    I’ve been spending lots of time catching up on all the posts. I’ve been MIA as we went on our babymoon last week and I had a 7 page paper due. 👎🏻 The best part was I got to finally meet 2 of the sweetest J17 mommas from my last board on the trip! 
  • Options
    @lilpotatomama - I had a really easy pregnancy with my first but acid reflux CONSTANTLY. small meal, stay away from fatty and fried food (yea right I was never good at this). But mostly I just ate alot of tums 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    kosmo86 said:
    @lilpotatomama - I had a really easy pregnancy with my first but acid reflux CONSTANTLY. small meal, stay away from fatty and fried food (yea right I was never good at this). But mostly I just ate alot of tums 
    Oh yeah I had TERRIBLE reflux with DS. Small meals, not drinking anything while eating, not laying down for like, an hour after eating, and having a small glass of milk about 30 minutes after eating helped me.