April 2019 Moms

Randoms w/o 10/15

How are we already halfway through October? What is this? 🎃 

Re: Randoms w/o 10/15

• I’m not mentally or physically ready for this day. At all. I feel like garbage. Mondays are my Fridays, so I’m trying to stay positive and stay focused on my goals. Currently my goal is to go home and sleep after work. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Been fighting a terrible cold since Thursday, so I’m feeling even more tired than usual. The weather has also changed dramatically in my area — fall has officially arrived — which is probably adding to my cold symptoms and exhaustion. I have my NT scan on Wednesday, something I’m both very anxious and excited about. Staying positive and looking forward to finally sharing the big news more widely after Wednesday’s appointment! Have a good week, mamas!!
  • @llamamamanyc good NT vibes headed your way!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @llamamamanyc I’ve been fighting a cold since last week too! It’s miserable not being able to take my go to meds. DH let me sleep in till 10 yesterday which helped but I can’t shake this cough
  • @MRDCle yay for weight gain! I finally have my appetite back (sans chicken) and I LOST another pound. WTF. I'm eating 3 meals and 2-3 snacks a day. Come on, give me a pound before Friday!
  • @MRDCle girl I feel you on the MOTN wakings.  My daughter was doing so well and once she turned 3 the nightmares started which is super hard. Congrats on the weight gain!
  • @llamamamanyc Here’s hoping for a great scan and a speedy recovery!

My allergies have been killer since I’ve gotten pregnant. I sometimes get a little bit of seasonal, but there’s something on our old (cleanly stored??) blankets from last year that left me wheezing and sleeping on the couch. I felt miserable- I don’t have a history of asthma but dang. I’ve got my NT scan on Wednesday and I hope the dr can give me something for these nasty attacks.

I’m also just super nervous about the appointment- TW- I was blindsided with my first loss at the NT scan and there’s just no good memories about it.

Ugh, just want to curl up in bed today.
  • I have lots do to at work today but my boss is out so I plan to do it all while watching netfilx. The haunting of house hill is SOO  good. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• @lilpotatomama Ugh. I know how you feel. Today is my only day off from work and I have jury duty. Excuse me while I go cry. Fingers crossed they let me go home. Hope you get some good rest after work.

@MRDCle Yay weight gain! I weighed myself yesterday since I am officially on week 14 and I was shocked at the jump from last week.

@Llamamama / @blueberrymomma oh no! I hope you two feel better soon!
  • @lin0442 that must be so tough.  Fingers crossed for a great NT scan.

I still have my stupid cold.  H keeps offering different drugs and then acts surprised every time I say I can only take regular Tylenol.  Come on, man.  Help me out here.  I'm so congested I've lost my sense of taste so I don't want to eat anything and that makes me feel sick and then I don't want to eat because I feel sick.  It's a vicious and annoying circle.
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @lin0442 vibes for your NT as well. Hoping you get great results!
    @mrstmoose chicken is still a no-go here too unless it's like, reeaaal chopped up. 
    @blueberrymomma ummm I am very jealous right now!

Hey TTMA round ligament pain. I don't recall this at all from DS - but right now sometimes when I stand up or move funny I get a stabby pain that feels like it's coming from one (or sometimes both) of my ovaries - is that RLP??
  • @MRDCle that sounds like it. Mine is a stabby or pulling pain that goes away after a few seconds-ish.
  • @MRDCle sounds like what is happening to me too. I've had a few really good ones when I move too suddenly, hurts worse than I remember.

• Sorry for two posts in a row, randomly popped into my head and need to get it off my chest.

TW
    I have been spotting on and off since last Monday. I went in and heard a strong heartbeat so things were good and I calmed down. It tapered off and then Wednesday I had a gush when I woke up, but again, brownish and tapered off. Still has not gone away and I have had some type of spotting every day since then. This morning I woke up and again had another gush when I went to the bathroom and this time it seemed more red than brown so I called the midwife again. She's setting me up for an ultrasound sometime today to check and see if we can find out what is going on. She doesn't seem too worried, possibly SCH or low lying placenta but I didn't have anything like this with DD and it's stressing me out. *sigh* Just keeping my fingers crossed things are ok.

• I'll be thinking of you @angelob88! Fx everything is OK.
  • @MRDCle yes that’s RLP. Mine usually is the worst when I sneeze lol. And omg the cheesecake was amazing she make a brownie crust and put a Reese’s ganache on top. 

@mermaidca ugh I hate only being able to take Tylenol for my migraines....it does nothing 
  • @lin0442 FX for a good NT scan.

@angelob88 FX that everything is okay for you too. Try to remember there are lots of reasons for spotting/bleeding and everything can be a-ok. :)

Well everyone, I have finally returned to the land of the living. What I thought was going to be a couple days of a bit of a sore throat before the long weekend turned out to be a killer virus that seriously destroyed me for over a week. I went to a walk-in clinic on the Friday because I was so sore and swollen and the doc told me I had tonsilitis and gave me antibiotics. Then the shit storm began. - Warning, gross stuff ahead! - I already couldn't eat much because of my throat and 3 nasty canker sores that make my lip and tongue swell up, and then I started puking. I was just getting worse and worse. On Saturday all I ate was a bit of chicken broth and a few sips of a smoothie, and half of that came back up. Sunday morning I was a hot mess and got hubs to take me to the ER (cue dramatic tears and cries of "someone has to help me!" lol). They gave me fluids because I'm sure I was REALLY dehydrated and the doc there told me the didn't think it was tonsilitis and to stop the meds right away. Turns out it was the meds making me puke, my stomach felt better right away. Sadly I had to wait for my mouth and throat to heal on it's own. I missed 7 days of work, my BIL's rehearsal dinner and wedding, and my DD being a flower girl. I was literally in bed for over a week. I was so exhausted that the one time I took a shower I had to nap afterward because it took too much energy to stand that long. Holy hell. What a mess. If you made it this far, thanks for letting me rant and have my big pity party. I'm back at work today and doing okay, but would much rather be back in bed. 

What's new with you guys? lol
  • @blueberrymomma when I was growing up my mom would let us eat cookies or cake for breakfast every once in awhile. She would say - well they have eggs! Or they have oatmeal in them (oatmeal cookies), or they have milk in them! And really, how is that any worse than a sweetened breakfast cereal?

so I say, enjoy your cheesecake! It has eggs and cream cheese- sounds like breakfast to me! 

@angelob88 I hope everything is okay. Fingers crossed for you. 
  • OMG @candicek15 that sounds MISERABLE! Glad you're feeling betterish. 
  • chrissdeechrissdee member
    edited October 2018
    Haven't been around much recently. Been very busy at work and home both. Trying to find some time to rest but I'm not holding my breath. Looks like I might be traveling to Orlando for work for 5 days starting this Saturday to run an auction at a conference, because one of my coworkers (who was supposed to be in charge of the auction) just stopped showing up to work a few weeks ago and now I'm picking up her duties on top of what I'm already working on.

On the bright side, my parents live in the Florida panhandle and if I do end up going to Orlando, my mom is going to come too and stay with me at the hotel so I can bring DD and they can spend a few days together while I'm working.

In other news, MIL says that in her mind she has "adopted" Prince Harry and Meghan and she's all excited because now she's going to be getting 2 grandbabies in April. I'm pretty sure she's more excited about the royal baby than her actual grandkid. DH says it's time to send her to a nursing home because she's delusional.

ETA: I don't know where MIL is getting April from. All I've seen is that Harry and Meghan are expecting a baby in Spring of 2019, but not the specific month.
  • @chrissdee that’s all I’ve seen too but I think April is strongly likely based on our bumps making their undeniable appearances and our announcement timelines. Also, I’m glad the palace waited until after Eugenie’s wedding so she had her (beautiful) moment.
  • @angelob88 Keep us updated. FX for you that everything is just fine!
    @candicek15 Wow, you've had a really rough week.  Here's to a better week - take it easy when you get home from work since you're still recovering. 
    @chrissdee Honestly, when I saw the announcement I figured it would be either April or May baby. I have no words for your MIL.  Just, wow. 

• @candicek15 that sounds absolutely awful :o glad to hear you're feeling better!

@angelob88 +2 to keeping us updated- hopefully it's nothing serious!

I also think Harry and Meghan are due in April- they're estimating 12 weeks, so that'd put her due at the end of the month.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• @gollygeeitsamy All things considered, my MIL isn't bad. Just a little cray sometimes. It at least keeps things interesting.
  • @angelob88 I spotted like that for about 8 weeks & it ended up being a SCH. FX that the cause is found & that it's NBD.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • @candicek15 that sounds miserable. Glad you’re starting to feel better, here’s to having a better week
  • edited October 2018
    Can I get some opinions? We are having family pictures done in a few weeks (that we'll use for pregnancy announcements and Christmas cards) and a wedding in early December. I want to get a dress that is budget friendly, I can wear to both events mentioned, and also wear to work - we are casual dress code. I was wondering if either of these dresses seem dressy enough as a wedding guest but could also be casual. Links in spoiler.

• Can I get some opinions? We are having family pictures done in a few weeks (that we'll use for pregnancy announcements and Christmas cards) and a wedding in early December. I want to get a dress that is budget friendly, I can wear to both events mentioned, and also wear to work - we are casual dress code. I was wondering if either of these dresses seem dressy enough as a wedding guest but could also be casual. Links in spoiler.

I need more info on the wedding, and the PinkBlush link didn't work.  Is it evening? Afternoon? What type of venue? Asos.com has a maternity line with a ton of dresses too. 
  • @MRDCle I attempted to fix the pinkblush link, it's working for me.  I don't know the details yet cause we haven't received the invitation only a save the date. 
  • Thank you, @MRDCle!! 😊
  • Hope you feel better too, @blueberrymomma!! It's no joke having to fight illness "au naturale"!!
  • Sending positive thoughts to you, too, @lin0442! We have our NT scans on the same day, so I will keep you in my thoughts too! <3
  • Thank you @ysotte! My cold is "evolving" -- which hopefully means it's almost on it's way out! ;)
  • candicek15 that sounds terrible!! :'( I am so sorry you had such a terrible illness. Hopefully the worst is over and the rest of your pregnancy will be illness free! Welcome back!
  • @chrissdee I just had to text my mom today, re: the royal baby announcement. Are they trying to steal the rest of our thunder?! LOL :D I'm 12w2d today, and my bump just appeared yesterday, so it wouldn't surprise me to find out Megan Markle is due in late April too. 
  • I’ll read through all of these later. But!!!! 
    I live in south Texas where it’s cold maybe a week out of the year. We got a cool front!!! It’s 50 and raining outside 😍 considering it was just 80 last week, I’m so happy. 
  • @gollygeeitsamy I personally like the first one the best.

Confession? I love Harry and Megan and reading all things royal and was excited when I saw they were expected (but not more excited than I am about my own child). I'm a nerd.
  • mrstmoose said:
    @gollygeeitsamy I personally like the first one the best.

Confession? I love Harry and Megan and reading all things royal and was excited when I saw they were expected (but not more excited than I am about my own child). I'm a nerd.
    I cried watching their wedding coverage. We were on vacay with ALL OF MY IN-LAWS. Good stuff. Don't judge me.