June 2019 Moms

The craving thread

What foods can you not get enough of? 

Re: The craving thread

• No cravings yet, but serious aversions. And to all my favorites!

Aversions so far: baked goods with large crumb (like cookies, muffins, cake, etc.), chocolate, black tea, gummy bears, flavored licorice, buttercream frosting, cream cheese, paratha, eggplant, and fennel.
  • @spacepiraterunner I can’t get enough baked goods.

My husband thought I was pregnant because we passed the strawberry pop tarts at the grocery store and I couldn’t resist and put them in the cart. I ate them so much during my last pregnancy. I’m trying not to gain too much weight this pregnancy and I was successful at resisting them this last week. But I might cave next time.

also salt. give me the potatoes chips and the pickles. Yum yum.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing really, yet. With DS I craved all the carbs. FX I dont have a repeat of that... 
  • Not food, but I can't get enough the cran-raspberry La Croix. I've been drinking around 6 a day (no joke). 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I don’t have any yet either. But with DD it was soup (tomato, clam chowder, chicken noodle, cheesy broccoli). And chicken tenders with honey mustard. 
  • This thread is making me hungry. 

And I only have one so far: Tuna on toast sandwich. It’s so weird but I NEED it. And only on toast. No untoasted bread and no tuna by itself. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • None yet, either for the most part. Though I REALLY wanted hot sauce on my eggs for breakfast. 
  • @meatballs37 OMG soup is the only thing that sounds good this week. 

@eleven_ not to unnecessarily freak you out, but have you seen the recent lawsuit involving La Croix and cockroach poison? I stopped drinking it. 
  • CHEESE! I knew I had a good chance of being pregnant when I felt nausea, creamy cm and wanted all the cheese. Specifically cheddar string/stick cheese haha
  • I have been craving apples like crazy that and orange juice.which is crazy because I don’t even like orange juice. I went to the store and filled my cart full of things with vitamin c because they all looked so tasty and mouth watering. 
  • Greek salad. Cold, crispy pepper and lots of vinegar and feta. Hummus and pitas too. I also want skittles and sour patch kids. Beaton’s specific food I’m just ravenous. I finished my entire plate 2x today before the entire table. 
  • Spicy food. Hot wings specifically.
  • Sweets- and I’m not normally a sweets person (even though I own a dessert co 😆)
  • Caesar salad! And all things salty. I was a stereotype and got a huge deli pickle the other day and it was amazing!
  • No cravings yet, just feel more hungry. With my first I craved pizza and bagels. But the thought of pizza at the moment, makes me sick! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I have been craving apples like crazy that and orange juice.which is crazy because I don’t even like orange juice. I went to the store and filled my cart full of things with vitamin c because they all looked so tasty and mouth watering. 
    I've been craving citrus fruit and sour apples too; just made myself a limeade, which I never do normally. I'm also craving proteins and salt to an extent (inhaled a small bag of salt and vinegar chips between breakfast and lunch).
  • Well I just drove to Panera to pick up their Autumn Squash soup because the craving was too strong. 
  • Steak and pigs in a blanket....I crave them all the time. I've not had any...yet 
  • My really “healthy” breakfast in spoiler. 
    Pumpkin pancakes with Trader Joe’s cookie butter. 🤤

• @meatballs37 I'm always tempted to buy that cookie butter at TJ's. How is it? 
    TW

• @eleven_ I’m not a Nutella fan. But I loved this! 
  • The in-laws are here and want to go out to lunch. I desperately need Mexican food, but they're suggesting a burger place. Nooooooooooo. 
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited October 2018
    @desoky01 tell them you hear there's a recall on burgers. 😂 Desperate times...

• @mirajaa333 omg yesss I just had a cherry lime slush from sonic and it was the best thing ever. I was reading and apparently the citrus is a sign of a baby girl! Hmmmmm =D
  • No real cravings for me, but aversions like crazy. :( BF and I actually got into an argument about it last night. It’s so hard to eat healthy when nothing tastes good. 
  • @babyfleck1 i craved citrus with my son too, but I'm always the odd one out wit these rules of thumb, and feel like I can never fit in! Cherry lime slush sounds amazing right now.
  • @TJtheGoat That's where I'm at too. I don't have cravings because absolutely nothing sounds good. 
    TW

• Do you know there are toppings now for the Mac and cheese at Panera? I got bacon, avocado, and pico and it was fantastic. 
  • @TJtheGoat @eleven_ right there with you on the aversions. Right now, about the only thing that isn't gross is cheese, crisp apples, whole grain bread, and smoothies. And it's not like any of that tastes better than normal, it's just the only stuff that doesn't taste AWFUL. 
  • Fruits with trechas(its a south texas thing) .... everything else I will eat if I have to but it all makes me feel disgusting. all I want if fruit and water
  • I continually open the fridge and just stare. Nothing and everything sounds good. I had stovetop popcorn made with coconut oil for dinner last night. And now my wedding rings won’t move on my finger. 

I also cant get enough to drink. At all 
  • +1 to nothing ever sounding good. For my family’s sake I forced myself to meal prep and grocery shop this weekend but none of it sounds good. I think I might go to one of those freezer meal places and get a few dinners, if I don’t have to do anything maybe it’ll sound appetizing 
  • Another + to nothing sounding good. The pulled pork I made yesterday turned out awesome but I only made it because I wanted it before preg. DH has been very annoyed at my inability to decide on meals.
  • I don't really crave anything other than carbs, and that's because it's the only thing that doesn't make me feel sick just thinking about it.  One of my first signs was not wanting any chicken, wine, or any of my normal foods.  The really strange thing is that I'm normally grossed out by the thought of McDonald's, but in every early pregnancy, I crave it once or twice!  Sure enough on the weekend, I skulked over there by myself!  Now I'm back to finding it gross again thankfully.
  • @bakerstreetboys I don't normally eat McDonalds either but when I was pregnant with my son I craved their chicken nuggets over and over again. I never even got their chicken nuggets before I was pregnant!
  • @bakerstreetboys I also crave McDonald’s when pregnant 🙈 like why? What is your guilty pleasure there? 
  • edited October 2018
    @desoky01 and @meatballs37 It's so strange!  I think it's because they put so much salt in everything, and my pregnant self is unconsciously craving salt.  I don't even eat beef, haven't since I was a teenager, but my guilty pleasure there is a cheeseburger with extra pickles, and of course their fries.  SO weird!  My friend thinks it's because they put laxatives in their food! :D
  • @bakerstreetboys hmm so you are saying when they second trimester constipation kicks in, I should eat there every other day? 😆

My guilty pleasure is the Mac sauce on a single burger and fries. 
  • I haven't really had cravings, but I did also get the urge to go get a McDonalds breakfast sandwich. I think it was the constipation talking. It worked.