Infertility

July 2018 IVF

Re: July 2018 IVF

• @kbenner2 so happy to hear things have been going well!!

@bkatp thanks for checking in. We just met with the RE Monday, and decided to wait until my next cycle to start the medication protocol for FET, so a tentative transfer mid-November. It seems so close, but so far away! You are doing yours in September, right? So exciting!!! How are you feeling about everything?
  • thanks for updating us @mackorori! enjoy your time off of med!
  • Loading the player...
  • @babydust2507 and @lemondrop1976 I am so so sorry, I am thinking about you both. Sending prayers and hugs your way. 

@bkatp I start the FET protocol as soon as I get my period. September 12th is almost here, I am so excited for you! How are you feeling? 

@kbenner2 I am so happy for you, what great news!

Catching up today on all that I missed in the forum. We were planning on going to Hawaii last week but had to change vacations last minute because of the hurricanes. We ended up doing an impromptu road trip to Maine. It was nice to hike and spend time in nature after being cooped up all of July with IVF. I even treated myself to a drink, my first one since New Years. I made sure to be home by Monday because I was sure my period was going to come so I could start FET, but still waiting. I go back to work next Tuesday so now I am trying to figure out how I am going to organize my doctor's appointments with the first few weeks of school. 
  • thank you @anared! and that's exciting that your FET is getting close! so are you gonna be on any med?
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited August 2018
    @anared and @mackorori thanks for asking.  Yes September 12th, getting closer but not enough to get excited or nervous. Currently I don't feel anything yet, maybe after lining check on 6th. The check might change the date a bit here and there, trying not to think too much ahead of time at this point. My worst anxiety, nervousness will be after 12th

What I have seen is there won't be too many appointments in FET so not too much waiting on any results. Just be on medication for couple of weeks and couple of tests here and there.
  • @babydust2507 I actually don't know too much about what medications I will be taking. My RE just told me we can do natural or medicated and to call when I get my period. I am assuming they will give me more information when we officially get started. If I had more embryos I would try a natural FET without medication, but only having the one, we are going to do a medicated FET. 
  • @kbenner2 I am so glad everything is going well still for you! Congratulations on graduation! :smile:

@babydust2507 Good luck to you!  Here's to hoping that September brings you great news!

@bkatp you are getting so close!  The 12th will be here before you know it.  What kind of cycle are you doing?  And you are right, FETs are way less intensive so hopefully won't be too stressful!

@mackorori I know what you mean about time seeming so close yet so far away.  It always amazes me how how quickly it ends up going though.  Hopefully it is the same for you.  Good luck in November!

@anared sorry to hear about Hawaii but sounds like you still had a great trip.  I have a friend who is on vacation in Maine now and her pictures look awesome so far.  Fingers crossed your period gets here soon and good luck!
  • AFM, we are scheduled for an endometrial scratch on September 14th and then will start meds once I start my period after that.  Will probably start meds late September.  We are doing a stimulated FET as this is what we did for my ERA cycle.   Going to do our best to mimick it as closely as possible.  Good luck everyone!!
  • that's really good @katie35, I heard that endo scratch really increase the implantation, best of luck to you!
    @anared praying that whether you choose to go for med or natural FET this cycle be yours!

• anaredanared member
    edited August 2018
    @babydust2507 thank you! 

@katie35 thank you and good luck with your upcoming FET cycle! fingers crossed!

I was just wondering for some of you that are doing FET, how long it took for your periods to go back to your normal cycle? My period after ER came at my normal CD and lasted the typical amount of days. However, I was supposed to get this period on Monday and still no sign of it. I was so eager to get started before going back to work. I read a few things about the 2nd period after ER being offset- but just wondering if anyone experienced this? 
  • sorry AF is playing tricks with you right now especially when we're that ready to start! and sorry can't help you with your question as I had a fresh transfer first and AF came 3-4 days after i stopped PIO. But when I googled which you probably read the same thing that the next cycle can be kinda late but hope you won't have to wait too long and that it will be here by the end of this weekend. GL!
  • @katie35 good to know ur FET is calendar is being worked on and yes I have read at several other places that Endo scratch is helping implantation. I should have asked about endoscratch this time but now it is too late. if this round doesn't work for me I LL definitely get endoscratch done and also ask for immuno suppressants. We are doing medicated FET not natural, what do u mean by simulated FET?

@anared I got my AF after extraction normally and then I was on BCP for 24 days got my period again on time but may be cos of BCP. Hoping not to see AF this month
  • katie35katie35 member
    edited September 2018
    @anared My second period after retrieval was a little late.  It came about 4 or 5 days after I expected it to.  My first period after retrieval was normal.  I didn't realize that this was normal!  Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too much longer!

@bkatp I think typically people do a suppressed medicated cycle for their FET (lupron).  With these cycles the meds supress your body from creating hormones and your hormones are regulated through the estrogen they give you.  With a stimulated cycle the drugs are similar to what you get during a full IVF retrieval, only way smaller doses.  I think it is only Gonal F that they have me on.  With this I should produce my own estrogen.  I did a couple of suppressed FET cycles and I felt so off. Couldn't sleep, diarrhea, and this is going to sound weird but my lower stomach felt cold with both suppressed cycles. My RE thought that my body might just react better to a stimulated cycle.
  • Wow that's new information to me! Thank you for explaining the difference @katie35!
  • @babydust2507 thank you for also looking into it!

@bkatp I have my fingers crossed for you!  

@katie35 thanks! ok, so it is normal! I am going on day 6 now ::sigh:: 
  • AFM I just received my calendar and they keeping on BCP for an entire cycle!!!!! Haaaaaa! I'm soooooo mad! And my estimate date for the FET is October 24! That's like 2 months! I'm so frustrated. They did the same thing for my fresh transfer putting on BCP for a month. This place is so busy, I'm so sad, the wait is killing me!
  • @babydust2507 oh no that is so frustrating! I hoping that these weeks fly by for you, October 24 will be here before you know it. 

I finally got my period Tuesday and went in for my CD 2 blood and sono this morning. I couldn't make it out to my normal clinic location since it was the first day of school, so I had to visit one of the offsite locations closer to work. I don't really know the team there so I didn't get too much info from them other than it seems that I have another cyst. Even though they aspirated the original cyst during ER it filled back up with fluid because it is on the same side. All of the follicles are under 10mm and this is 19mm so definitely a cyst. They sent the results to my nurse and she left a message clearing me for FET, so I don't know if this affects anything. I have to decide whether to do a natural or medicated FET. I really don't know- I am playing phone tag with my nurse so I don't have much information. Having only one embryo adds a bit of pressure to the decision. 

• @anared glad to know you are cleared for FET. I would vote for medicated FET with very little I Know because it is more predictable and I am assured that they are doing everything they can. But at the same time I don't know what the advantages of natural one are.
    @babydust2507 I hoping and praying that the wait does good to you. I think Katie and anared will also be Oct FET they can become ur buddies.
  • @bkatp thanks! We decided to go for the medicated because of my work situation and possibly not getting my RE for the transfer, since he only does procedures on Mondays. I really really wanted to try a natural cycle but the only difference for me would be the estrace in a medicated. I still have to take doxycycline, medrol and the suppositories with both so I guess it isn’t so bad. I will find out on the 15th if my RE will cancel my FET- he is letting me move forward for now but it all depends on the cyst. 
  • @anared FX that your FET won't get cancelled and I don't know much of the success rate for medicated vs natural.I am doing medicated and I wishing you the best!
    and thank you all for your kind words @anared and @bkatp, hope the wait goes by fast too!
  • @anared how are u doing. On track for October FET ? 

@katie35 how is it going for you
  • @bkatp thanks for checking in! I will find out tomorrow if I can move forward with this FET or if my RE will cancel. How did your appointment go? Did they give you a transfer date yet?
  • @bkatp thanks for checking in!!  On track still for early to mid October FET.  Had the endo scratch today.  Now just waiting for my period!

How have you been doing??  Is your FET transfer coming up??

@anared good luck tomorrow!!
  • I’ve been thinking about you FET ladies often. Thanks so much for updating!! 
    Me: 32   DH: 37 
    Married: 06/21/2008
    Lean PCOS 
    TTC #1:
    IUI #1-bfp DS born 07/06/2010

TTC #2:
    IUI #1: Sept. 2017 - cancelled (ovulated too soon)
    IUI #2: Oct. 2017 - bfn
    switched clinics
    IUI#3: Nov. 2017 - bfn
    IUI#4: Dec. 2017 - bfn 
    Hysteroscopy w/ ovarian diathermy: Feb. 2018
    IUI#5: April 2018 - bfp (chem. preg)
    IUI#6: May 2018 - bfp (chem. preg) 
    IVF #1: July 2018

• @katie35 thank you! My RE didn't say much today actually, so now they will decide on Wednesday or Thursday. So it may be the last week of September or hold off until October. So we may be October FET together! 
  • @anared it will be nice to have in the October FET! but i wish you'll get sooner because I don't have that patience lol, but GL and keep us posted!

• @babydust2507 thank you! Makes me think that October will be a lucky month for everyone! 

• @anared @katie35 glad to know things are going well for both of you for October FET. Transfer went well for me on 12th. Beta on 24th. Lot of waiting going on here  :D
  • Yeah @bkatp !  So glad the transfer went well.  Good luck with the rest of the wait and keep us posted! Only one week to go :smile:
  • Only one week! @bkatp it will be there before you even know it! I will be having my baseline appt on the 24th. FX for you and keep us posted!
  • Thank you @katie35 and @babydust2507. Good or bad, I'll keep you all posted
  • @bkatp so glad to hear your transfer went well! Fingers crossed for the 24th!
  • Just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow @bkatp!  I will be thinking of you and praying that tomorrow brings you nothing but good news!!
  • Thank you for thinking of me @katie35 and @anared. I got my results I am positive with hcg of 864. Cautiously optimistic. Thank you for all your wishes 
  • @bktap happy to hear your good news!!
  • Thank you @mackorori. I know this is a long road and I am happy to pass the first hurdle. I am rooting for all of you as well, please keep us updated here. 
  • @bkatp that is amazing! congratulations, I am so happy for you!  
  • YEAH!!  Congratulations @bkatp!! That is amazing news! :smiley: