May 2019 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating

• ruby696 said:
    I'm so jealous of all the yummy things you all crave. I crave nothing when I'm pregnant. Nothing sounds good, even though I'm not nauseous. MH asked what I wanted for dinner tonight and I was like, "meh, whatever." His response: "We're already at that point?" Lol
    Im with you on this.  Didn't crave anything last time,  probably won't this time,  either.  

• eating cucumber and cottage cheese right now. Trying to up my amount of veggies like cucumbers that I eat so I quit having swollen hands and feet already.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Loading the player...
  • @psychobutthead I need to try to eat more vegetables too, but other than a salad, they’re just not my favorite. Cucumbers and cottage cheese does sound good though! 
  • My tumtum seems to be settling, so going to try for turkey meatballs in a tomato raisin caper sauce with couscous and spinach salad tonight.

Unless my tummy decides to be a bitch again, in which case it'll be ginger chews and whining.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Nothing really out of the ordinary but I do have an insatiable appetite these past few days. I always want more!
  • I am eating leftovers from dinner (chicken lazone) and am still starving though I'm almost done. It's like I never had any food at all. You are 4 weeks along, baby, it's too early for this.

• I dnt have an appetite. The only things i like right now are apple sauce and fruit cups. I have to force myself to eat real food and when i do, i gag. Ughhh 
  • I am eating leftovers from dinner (chicken lazone) and am still starving though I'm almost done. It's like I never had any food at all. You are 4 weeks along, baby, it's too early for this.
    Umm I didn't know what that chicken was when you said it yesterday but I looked it up and now I need it
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • msb615 said:
    @psychobutthead I need to try to eat more vegetables too, but other than a salad, they’re just not my favorite. Cucumbers and cottage cheese does sound good though! 
    yeah I lie to myself and tell my brain they are cracker rounds.

• Well, let's recap. Today I have eaten a pumpkin spice scone, croissant, PBJ, Doritos, a Sargento Balanced Break and some Wheat Thins. I just ate those last two things and my stomach is growling. Eyeing my apple and Belvita biscuits, but I need to save some car ride home snacks. The struggle. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• zuuls_mom said:
    Well, let's recap. Today I have eaten a pumpkin spice scone, croissant, PBJ, Doritos, a Sargento Balanced Break and some Wheat Thins. I just ate those last two things and my stomach is growling. Eyeing my apple and Belvita biscuits, but I need to save some car ride home snacks. The struggle. 
    There are no meals in there! You need solid meals, frand. That's just a pile of snacks. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • sleepy33 said:
    zuuls_mom said:
    Well, let's recap. Today I have eaten a pumpkin spice scone, croissant, PBJ, Doritos, a Sargento Balanced Break and some Wheat Thins. I just ate those last two things and my stomach is growling. Eyeing my apple and Belvita biscuits, but I need to save some car ride home snacks. The struggle. 
    There are no meals in there! You need solid meals, frand. That's just a pile of snacks. 
    I dunno, the scone and croissant felt very breakfasty and the sandwich and chips seems like a lunch to me....I do need more veggies in my rotation though.
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• So if I remember correctly today I think I did pretty good.
    Breakfast was cucumbers and cottage cheese
    Snack was a string cheese, gala apple, and a maple yogurt from aldi's
    Lunch was 2 pieces of fried catfish and homemade collard greens (I raided my mil's leftovers at her house)
    I haven't had a 2nd snack yet and Dinner is going to be roast chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans possibly.

• @zuuls_mom
    I need protein at every meal, like solid protein not like 'o that has a few grams in it'. I've always had severe hypoglycemia though. 

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I made crock pot chicken and dumplings yesterday and I’ve been living for the leftovers. Sooo good! 
  • @sleepy33 hypoglycemia here too! No fun. Usually I can keep things under control with some protein (cheese, PB, etc.), but I may need to step up the protein game since I am so hungry all the time now! What do you usually reach for to keep yourself full? Halp. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• @ElleJDubs okay now I feel like I need a philly cheese steak for dinner. I don't know if we can get bacon cheddar fries anywhere near me, but I need those, too. 

Also, I just texted DH to bring me home some squeeze cheese. 
    Image result for squeeze cheese gif
    Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @ElleJDubs and @poshspice I too am now in need of a Philly. And I just had one for lunch yesterday. I loaded mine with pepperoncinis. So. Good. 
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• Not super hungry lately and not much sounds good. Haven’t been sick, but everything is just meh... 
    same. I'll be hungry, but nothing sounds good. I've also been pretty severely nauseas at times too. 

All i've wanted is soup. I picked up PF Chang's chicken noodle soup today which I was able to eat well. it's so yummy. 

Aversions- seafood 🤢🤢 and anything fried and greasy 😖
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited September 2018
    @ElleJDubs I don’t even like Philly cheesesteak but dang do I want everything in that picture. My dinner was unsatisfying, leftover pasta DS wouldn’t eat and spinach with dressing. I could really go for some McDonalds. You’ll all come to learn, I love McDonald’s. 

ETA - I limit myself to only having McDs on road trips over 50 miles. My arteries thank me. 

• I woke up nauseous, so i ate some apple sauce. Still wanted some fruit, so i ate a fruit cup; But threw that up. 

i picked at a chicken ceasar salad. 
    And then ate two oranges. The oranges were GREAT! 

nothing sounds good or taste good. Only thing that makes me happy is fruit. I really hope this gets better cus i can’t live off fruit. (currently eating another orange) 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge, @poshspice, @zuuls_mom I apologize for causing cravings haha... it was delicious!

• @ElleJDubs I need everything in that pic! French fries are one of my favorite foods.. especially with cheese and bacon! 

@keighty80 I LOVE chicken and dumplings! I’ve never made them in the crockpot though!

@DuchessOfCambridge I’m definitely not too good for McDonald’s! Their little dollar cheeseburger and fries are my favorite! 
  • Carbs seems to be the only thing that makes the nausea go away. Veggies just make it worse. Which is funny because I've lost 20lbs this year from not eating many carbs and eating lots of veggies and now its reverse.
  • Can I get a verdict on sushi??? My OB in New York gave me the thumbs up to eat sushi through my last pregnancy as long as I trusted the restaurant. All the fish had to be flash frozen. I live in a different state now but my sushi cravings come hard and fast. And I'm not talking california roll - I need some raw salmon in my life! Ok? Not Ok? Dr. Google isn't helping and I don't see my new OB for another week and a half...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bluesky24 Sushi always stumps me... I feel like you can never be sure a restaurant is handling their fish 100% safely. I personally wouldn't risk the completely raw fish. Any other cooked rolls that you like??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bluesky24 I’m assuming not much has changed, but a couple of years ago when I was pregnant, I was told to only eat cooked sushi, and my OB was pretty laid back about food. I’ll definitely be asking at my appt because I never got my last raw sushi fix. Too bad I’m not very hopeful for the answer I want though. 
  • @secicc12@msb615 I know you're probably right. Then I get an email from Pregnant Chicken saying you're more likely to get sick eating chicken than sushi. I'd rather eat sushi for 9 months than chicken EVER. I am being so whiny and petty LOL

I'll suck it up and eat cooked rolls... but I'll be like 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @keighty80 You’re the best! Thank you!! As soon as there’s a bit of chill in the air (which in Georgia MAY possibly happen in November haha) I’ll be trying that! That’s my ultimate comfort food!

@bluesky24 You're not alone. I get whiny over things I can’t have while pregnant too. I would also really love raw oysters and a glass of wine. 
  • @bluesky24 things like that always make me be like - but pregnant women in Japan eat sushi and are perfectly fine! I wouldn't just to be safe and the ACOG guidelines recommend not, but it is sad :(

• @msb615 Listen...I'm thrilled to be expecting and I thank my lucky stars every single day...but it's FINALLY oyster season!!! I really need to get over it.

@DuchessOfCambridge I am with you. I caved to societal pressure and ordered a veggie bento box. So now I'm eating fried veggie tempura. Is this better?!?!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bluesky24 oh we had them during the summer luckily! We can eat them steamed, right?? Not nearly as good as raw, but I’d take it. I’m definitely thankful and excited, but I wish I didn’t have to worry about what I eat. Like no eggs benedict either.. 😭
  • Oh man, I miss oysters. Like you said, I'm way happy I'm expecting but I still miss oysters and sushi haha @msb614 @bluesky24

• Prior to getting pregnant my husband and I had both cut out red meat from our diet and of course now it’s all I want to eat.   After a week of ignoring my cravings and trying to eat “healthy”, I finally broke down today and went to Five Guys for a bacon cheeseburger, milkshake and fries.  Not healthy in the least but man was it delicious.
  • Tacos. All day, everyday. I cannot get enough of them!

and I totally had first dinner and second dinner tonight. First dinner - PBJ. Second - tacos. 😂 
  • @DuchessOfCambridge @secicc12 @bluesky24 @msb614 I’ve never had oysters! Am I missing out? I do love some sushi, but fish/seafood never sounds good to me while I’m pregnant so I guess that helps. I am SO sad about eggs beni though. My fave  :'(
    *TW*
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16

• My appetite went from starving 24/7 to never hungry, granted I’m also sick so that may have something to do with it. I really am craving chili but my dad only has venison chili and I won’t touch that with a ten foot pole! Side note, my parents are currently living with me (T&P’s appreciated, haha) but it’s nice having home cooked meals from my momma right now. She made tacos last week and I was in heaven!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker